Elton John guest appearances

StoneCircle

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Ah, was there? 

I mentioned it a while back, I know somebody very close to Elton, worked for him in big roles for years.

I was told he “hates the place and has done since the 70s, hippy filled shit hole are words that have been frequently used”.

I was told this at the start of the year, so there’s been a dramatic u-turn at some point. 

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I mentioned it a while back, I know somebody very close to Elton, worked for him in big roles for years.

I was told he “hates the place and has done since the 70s, hippy filled shit hole are words that have been frequently used”.

I was told this at the start of the year, so there’s been a dramatic u-turn at some point. 

things must be getting desperate now for him then 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

things must be getting desperate now for him then 🙂 

My take is…….

Emily sweet talking him or his management team pointing out how illustrious and financially beneficial a Glasto headline set can be. 

Or a combination of the two.

21 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Let's hope he doesnt have one of his famous tantrum's and hissy fits when he gets a splash of mud on his sparkly gucci wellys. 😆

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Given the way Reg thanked Emily and not Michael for the invite, maybe Michael's been the blocker all along on him playing.

No it’s just very obvious Michael has had zero involvement in booking the festival for years and it’s so weird efests always talks about him as if he does.

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

I can imagine him calling it a hippy filled shit hole in the past but think he’s warmed to it over the years seeing how it was for Adele, Beyoncé, Kylie, Ed Sheeran etc

5 hours ago, nikkic said:

Ha ha, that's pretty emphatic. 

Maybe now he's read some of the posters who say that instead of hippys it's full of middle class kids these days  😊

15 hours ago, stuie said:

I can imagine him calling it a hippy filled shit hole in the past but think he’s warmed to it over the years seeing how it was for Adele, Beyoncé, Kylie, Ed Sheeran etc

Exactly this you'd imagine, being able to move with the times and adapt has always been one of his main strengths it seems

4 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Legit, his autobiography is fascinating, incredibly entertaining and somewhat horrifying all at the same time 

Yep.

The fact he spends the equivalent of 3-times the average UK salary on flowers every month is obscene, but also, so extra I kinda admire it. 

On 12/3/2022 at 8:44 PM, MaxPower said:

No it’s just very obvious Michael has had zero involvement in booking the festival for years and it’s so weird efests always talks about him as if he does.

Yep it's Emily and Nick's show now. I'm sure every so often they try their best to get an act that Michael would like but he isn't actively involved in it the way he once was. 

13 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep it's Emily and Nick's show now. I'm sure every so often they try their best to get an act that Michael would like but he isn't actively involved in it the way he once was. 

Yes it's Emily and nick but Michael still has involvement, I'm pretty sure that West holts confirmed that he was behind the Bryan ferry booking for West holts, a few years ago. 

20 hours ago, nikkic said:

Yep.

The fact he spends the equivalent of 3-times the average UK salary on flowers every month is obscene, but also, so extra I kinda admire it. 

I’ve heard that he tries to hide some receipts from his accountants as they tell him off for his extravagant spending. No wonder he needs a 700 date farewell tour to fund his replacement addiction for the hard stuff

On 12/3/2022 at 6:45 PM, nikkic said:

At a guess he seen how well macca went down both on tv, and at the festival and thought I want a bit of that. 

On 12/2/2022 at 5:19 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

If I had to pick one it would be Kiki Dee.  Best duet every recorded FACT.

Having now watched the Dodgers Stadium gig, I would like to withdraw my nomination.  Her voice has deteriorated so badly, much worse than Elton's.  It was painful to listen to.