Blur

jannybruck

Got them too, what were all the options when you got in? Was hyper focussed so just saw 'stalls standing' and bought there seemed to be multiple options though, more than just stalls or circle but was quite literally a blur!😀

1 minute ago, Levitz said:

Got them too, what were all the options when you got in? Was hyper focussed so just saw 'stalls standing' and bought there seemed to be multiple options though, more than just stalls or circle but was quite literally a blur!😀

They also included all accessible ticketing options. Typically those are sold by phone at Hammersmith but maybe a change is coming.

• Like 1

Saw father john misty do his 2nd album in full week before it was released. It was just that. Can say i was there but definitely not a best gig ever as loads of new stuff has you listening hard, which i guess is the point really. 

The fact blur are streaming it live suggests its more of a live ad for the new album rather than a full on gig

I went to the launch gig for the Magic Whip and it was fab. This is insanely cheap and you get to see Blur in a smallish venue, what's not to like? People are weird. 

Edited by Levitz
  • Upvote 3

Do we think that there might be plenty on twickets with the tube strikes? I wonder how many bought tickets with out considering this.

I had a code for the sale but did not bother as my partner had a hospital appointment that evening. That's just been cancelled, obviously after the sale. Ho Hum, will keep an eye on twickets justin case although not sure how I would get there yet if the tubes are out.

27 minutes ago, Dales said:

Do we think that there might be plenty on twickets with the tube strikes? I wonder how many bought tickets with out considering this.

I had a code for the sale but did not bother as my partner had a hospital appointment that evening. That's just been cancelled, obviously after the sale. Ho Hum, will keep an eye on twickets justin case although not sure how I would get there yet if the tubes are out.

Managed to get a ticket this morning, but had I not, I'd be heading down anyway. Feel like there will be quite a few extras floating about outside the Apollo on the night... 

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Only relaying what has been said on Reddit, but apparently they’ve just confirmed in a radio interview that there won’t be an album tour, so quite likely that this run of shows is it and that’s them out for ‘24.

They didn't sound that serious, to be fair.

20 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Only relaying what has been said on Reddit, but apparently they’ve just confirmed in a radio interview that there won’t be an album tour, so quite likely that this run of shows is it and that’s them out for ‘24.

It was definitely a jokey "No! Never again!" and then they kept avoiding answering the question, so who knows. What was interesting to me was that in the same interview they said that the Wembley weekend was better than Glasto 2009. With the way they've spoken about it in the past I thought nothing could beat that, but there we are. Damon also said it means they've sort of run out of options and maybe it's 'the end', but it didn't feel very serious.

I've always been resigned to the fact that I'll probably never see them at Worthy Farm, and was really nervous when they announced the Wembley shows/TBOD that they were past their prime. Very happy to admit how wrong I was now! They seem to be having so much fun at the moment, I honestly don't think I can rule them out for next year. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking...

6 hours ago, briddj said:

It is billed as an hour-long event, and the album is 36 minutes long.

So either they are going to make every song twice as long, or we'll get at least some older songs at the end.

I am hopefull for at least a few other songs, but 2 mins break between each song, guitar changes, thanking crowd for braving the tube strike etc takes it to 56 mins without anything else....

23 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Is the radio 2 special going to end up on iplayer?

Yes in the coming days. It will also be broadcast on BBC2 on Saturday 29th July. 

I hope they also show the encore (fantastic next single, Barbaric, plus to the end and the universal). It was a truly special gig and surprisingly energetic for a radio recording. The band remain on top form. 

Edited by Dg_vic
  • Like 1