Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

As much as the new system is mental and going to make it harder in general to get tickets, I don't think it isn't fair. It's honestly always been a large amount of luck getting in and no different with this new system.

What hasn't been fair is the payment system booting you out in the past and then leaving you without a chance of getting tickets for 10 or so minutes.

3 minutes ago, Hacky said:

Maybe they should revert to announcing the lineup before the ticket sales.  That might put people off who don't really want to go

Surely the point is most people want to go irrespective of the lineup. Acts you want to see are a bonus. If they publicise the lineup then hordes of 'Only really here to see Blackpink [or whatever]' folks would go. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

It's not entitlement to point out that the new system is less fair.

Without needing up front payment anyone can enter any details and off they go. It's a much less fairer system, I'm surprised people seem to struggle to comprehend this.

It's the most workable. As others have said the system is more likely to buckle when there are several payments being taken at once.  I can only imagine the frustration of getting to the payment page and then it crashes. 

With that in mind it's definitely the most fairest solution. It certainly beats having the same people going every year who no doubt take any advantage they can get at the expense of any potential first-timers.

We've no idea how many tickets there were, so the new system might be faster or not for the main sale.

I think they will do deposit for that and this method for resales.

I know I'm going to this festival thinking it might be my last for a while and that it won't be my choice in the matter.

7 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

It's not entitlement to point out that the new system is less fair.

Without needing up front payment anyone can enter any details and off they go. It's a much less fairer system, I'm surprised people seem to struggle to comprehend this.

I’m struggling to comprehend how it’s less fair. Your chances of getting through are just as slim as they were before. But if you are lucky and do get through, you won’t get kicked out At payment and lose your tickets. Seems fairer to me.

3 of us trying for just one ticket needed, no luck. 

Nobody got past the holding page.

I don't mind that, and things selling out quickly, but what's shit is that its not clear from seetickets.

We were all still F5in away on the holding page at 09.20 like most id imagine, all while Glastonbury tweeted sold out at 09.07. I didn't feel the need to look at Twitter at that time! 

Eventually the seetickets page changed. Pain in the arse and a waste of time.

Anyway we will be there as a 3 and not a 4. Not a disaster.

4 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

Can't see it myself. Why would they get up early on a Sunday and put themselves through this. And then put the ticket back in the pot a few days later. I think the term is 'clutching at straws'.

No straw clutching as I got a ticket in the main sale last year. Just pondering on possibilities for others. It's a fair point to say why would people put themselves through stress to get a ticket and then choose to give it up. But for some, the reality of actually having to fork out a large some of money after the event may give them pause for thought. 

12 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Agree that it should be open to all, but also agree that it should be a truly equal chance for everyone which is why an offline raffle gets my vote.

Ask the people who enter the London Marathon ballot and have failed for 10 years running. At least you could give yourself an edge by working at it with the old system. 

1 minute ago, Breeze said:

Surely the point is most people want to go irrespective of the lineup. Acts you want to see are a bonus. If they publicise the lineup then hordes of 'Only really here to see Blackpink [or whatever]' folks would go. 

Most yeah, but as its a numbers game anything that reduces the numbers

8 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I was lucky enough to get tickets in the main sale but was trying for friends today, to no avail.

The system is fair, I’d rather this than get booted off the payment page multiple times. 

Today has simply made me realise that we’ll have to start looking at alternatives because failing to get tickets is going to happen to all of us sooner rather than later. 

totally. in 10 years time it'll be practically a lottery..

25 minutes ago, themuel said:

The system couldn’t be fairer. It’s that simple. 

I think they’ve finally nailed it. Even if that makes it harder. 

It could be too simple. Hope I’m wrong but can see someone designing an app and renting some server capacity to sell tries now there’s no payment. That could mess it up.

2 minutes ago, Glasto Burto said:

Hello, does anyone know where the secret flash resales would happen (if they happen) - on the See Tickets site? Sadly a couple of our group are still ticketless after this morning's whirlwind sellout!

doesnt happen anymore sadly

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Glasto Burto said:

Hello, does anyone know where the secret flash resales would happen (if they happen) - on the See Tickets site? Sadly a couple of our group are still ticketless after this morning's whirlwind sellout!

Used to be that they would just pop up on glastonbury.seetickets.com randomly in mid / late May, and be gone 2 mins later. They havent done them for probably the last 6 or 7 years now though so reckon your chances are negligable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Glasto Burto said:

I’d imagine that any that don’t don’t get paid for would go back in the friends family and sales that have been under way for a week or two

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Any idea how that stacks up against previous resales?

I don't. Was told this by someone who knows someone at See Tickets. 

If true, maybe they oversold in November. Loads of people got tickets after it was sold out. Would explain fewer resale tickets if they had to use them for the oversell.