Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

5 hours ago, GeezLouise said:

Wrestlemania is the only reason I know who bad bunny is. Would highly recommend his match 

Bad Bunny vs this years glasto headliners. 

lets not forget he broke the  touring gross record for a year which was held by the mighty ed sheeran. But it doesnt count though cause its bad bunny

A584DE44-DAA4-4268-B62A-7398C57F3648.gif

Edited by Suprefan

9 minutes ago, AnonAnon said:

Yeah, namely Billie and Stormzy had about an hour of recorded material between them and, as big as they are, and I do think Billie in particular is legitimately an incredibly talented singer and writer in her genre, it just felt 'too soon'.  

Both Kendrick and Billie's sets felt 'short' last year, with weak spots because a larger % of the set is taken up with 'album filler' or 'deep cuts' than knock out tracks.  

That's no sleight on them, I have  records by each of them, it's just a tall ask.  There are very few artists in history who could fill what is traditionally a two/three hour slot with their first two albums of material.  Bob Dylan would've done an hour of niche folk covers and then admittedly pretty decent hour of his early songs, as an example.

It's why I sort of believe you need at least 5 maybe even 6 albums to headline the pyramid.  At least that way you're guaranteed between 10-20  A grade songs per set. 

Don’t really agree with this at all. Kendrick’s set was back to back hits. 

It irks me when people don’t listen to an artists catalogue and then claim they have no hits. Do they have no hits or have you just not really listened to their material? If you think Kendrick or Billie didn’t play the hits it says a lot.

Not every act needs to be your Killers or Foos with the woaaahs every five fucking minutes to headline the pyramid. 

Edited by Matt42
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Kendrick’s set was incredible, crowd were well into it all the way through.

I also wasn’t aware of much complaining on social media about the booking beforehand.

Honestly it was back to back hits and he went all in. 

I wish people didn’t decorate up their opinions and talk about things they know little about. I wouldn’t go along to a headline set of an act I know little about and say they played no hits (just because I didn’t know the songs).

Billie also played a hits filled set. It was both fan friendly and friendly for casuals.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Honestly it was back to back hits and he went all in. 

I wish people didn’t decorate up their opinions and talk about things they know little about. I wouldn’t go along to a headline set of an act I know little about and say they played no hits (just because I didn’t know the songs).

Billie also played a hits filled set. It was both fan friendly and friendly for casuals.

Wasn’t at Billie so can’t comment but Kendrick certainly brought the hits. Set was simultaneously a career retrospective and debut of new album.

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Bad Bunny vs this years glasto headliners. 

lets not forget he broke the  touring gross record for a year which was held by the mighty ed sheeran. But it doesnt count though cause its bad bunny

Do you genuinely think the festival are sleeping on Bad Bunny with regards the UK? Like, do you think he'll be huge here in the next 18 months and they're missing it. Or do you think he'll just never make it over here?

39 minutes ago, AnonAnon said:

Yeah, namely Billie and Stormzy had about an hour of recorded material between them and, as big as they are, and I do think Billie in particular is legitimately an incredibly talented singer and writer in her genre, it just felt 'too soon'.  

Both Kendrick and Billie's sets felt 'short' last year, with weak spots because a larger % of the set is taken up with 'album filler' or 'deep cuts' than knock out tracks.  

That's no sleight on them, I have  records by each of them, it's just a tall ask.  There are very few artists in history who could fill what is traditionally a two/three hour slot with their first two albums of material.  Bob Dylan would've done an hour of niche folk covers and then admittedly pretty decent hour of his early songs, as an example.

It's why I sort of believe you need at least 5 maybe even 6 albums to headline the pyramid.  At least that way you're guaranteed between 10-20  A grade songs per set. 

But how many acts with 5 or 6 good albums actually then go do a set of wall-to-wall hits? It's no use having the songs if all they do is the most recent touring set where they play half the new album.

I thought the Billie booking at the time felt too soon but the reaction was overwhelmingly positive (my mum said it was great on the tele) so that proved me wrong.

Kendrick was immense, has an absolutely stacked discography that the crowd got completely on board with, and his new tracks were also well recieved and integrated well within his performance, a massive step up from when I saw him in 2016.

10 hours ago, Superscally said:

Again, bollocks. Moby? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Porcelain and Honey alone are miles more interesting than anything AM will play, and most of GnR’s likely setlist too, soz

1 hour ago, AnonAnon said:

Non stop baffling takes here. If nobody could headline until their fifth album then we’d be stuck with the same old dreary Britpop acts on a constant rotation and nobody new would ever get the chance. Imagine Emily turning around and telling Ed Sheeran or Adele they couldn’t headline because of some random arbitrary number plucked out of the sky. Festival would be operating with a death wish. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AnonAnon said:

What are you talking about, you do know Mr Morale was Kendrick's fifth album right?