Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Don't disagree, just completely forgot what the original point even was now (i don't think you even made it!)

They suggested that for those of us who may not know many of an artists songs we should pencil in a weekend to listen to all 6 albums in readiness for their set. 

I'm happy that some people are so enthused, however my issue isn't that I don't know more than those handful of tunes I did like - I've heard more and didn't enjoy them. 

There'll be 99 other stages I can enjoy 😊

13 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Guessing she’s way too big for legend slot? 

Won't do it for the fee regardless

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

100% not gonna be reasonable. Can’t remember what her pricing was last time she toured but I’m guessing it wasn’t cheap, and this being billed as a greatest hits tour is sure to add an extra couple of quid on top of that. 

Don't forget ticketmaster's new baby, surge pricing

AM - 100% - Favourite band. Literally nowhere in the world I would rather be on that night than watching them on the pyramid.

GNR - 60% - Not a massive fan by any means but I like the classics. Would never pay the £100+ it would cost to see them at their own show so this will probably be my only chance. Will see them if there's not a band I love playing somewhere else, and I'm sure I'll have a good time.

Elton - 90% - Pretty similar to GNR for me, not a huge fan but like the classics. It being his last ever UK show means it would take something pretty special elsewhere to pull me away. Plus my Dad is a big fan.

Arctics - 0% 

Been there done that, like them on record, but they are not a live band 

GNR - 20%

Will see what else is on, but fully expect there to be a better option. A few mates are keen so if there's nothing else that takes my fancy I'll go and slide away if they're shit 

Elton - 100% 

Act of the weekend for my lot, we'll be there in sequins and glitter living our best life 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

At least we can put those stupid Eminem rumours to bed for another year.

The Harry Styles stuff was always going to be bullshit too.

Personally, these were my top two I wanted to see there.... alongside Elton 🤣 so I'm going to keep the rumours going for 2024 then!! 

1 minute ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Personally, these were my top two I wanted to see there.... alongside Elton 🤣 so I'm going to keep the rumours going for 2024 then!! 

Said from day one that Belgium gig rules Styles out.

Eminem feels an even worse fit than people keep saying GnR are.

Arctic Monkeys -0%, absolutely zero interest in them. Will happily be elsewhere. 

guns n roses - 50% ,  would swerve them if something really notable is elsewhere but a bit of a singalong and a pile of me mates would be quite tempting. Would reserve the right to abandon them after an hour if it wasn’t really floating my boat. 

Elton - 99% chance, someone plugged the alternative of Pavement at the JP Sunday night and that really would make me sweaty of palm while i decided between those two 😬 

2 hours ago, topmarksbri said:

people loved shillings and ounces, the future's now old man 

Got nowt to do with that. My point was that your point stating fractional odds are for cretins is inherently wrong... Decimal odds are for whoever, but certainly more useful for cretins than people who can actually understand numbers. No shame in admitting you ain't topmarks, bri. 😘

3 hours ago, theglastokid said:

AM - Loved first two albums, not so much the rest. Not the greatest frontman in terms of taking to the audience either. Never seen them live though so I'll see who they are up against first.

GNR - I know Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City and November Rain only really (like most people) so 2 hours to just hear those three may be better spent elsewhere.

Elton - He was playing small cricket grounds a few years back so not sure why some are saying it's a massive coup? Voice had gone to pub singer standard so really not sure although I said I would only watch 2 songs of Macca and head to Jamie T but I stayed and watched the lot and glad I did. If he's up against Prodigy though I'll be off.

I think that’s missing the point, that was just his preference in terms of how he wanted to tour, lots of smaller far more intimate venues. 

It’s not like he could only sell out cricket grounds and provincial football grounds, he could’ve just filled stadiums and arenas over fewer dates instead if he wanted.

He has only ever done one festival and now he’s doing the biggest festival in the world for the first time, it’s definitely a big deal.

Edited by Jose Pose

AM = 30% - Will see them if there is nothing else on, only seen them once before and that was back in 2005. Loved their first album but has diminishing returns for me since then.

GNR = 0% - Having said that, if there is literally nothing else on I want to see I might walk across the back of the field on my way to the SE corner

Elton = 95% - Not on my bucket list like Macca was, would have to be pretty strong to pull me away though

49 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Got nowt to do with that. My point was that your point stating fractional odds are for cretins is inherently wrong... Decimal odds are for whoever, but certainly more useful for cretins than people who can actually understand numbers. No shame in admitting you ain't topmarks, bri. 😘

Nonsense. True champs write their fractional odds in binary anyway 🤷🏿‍♂️

39 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I wouldn't even have Elton headlining the Avalon tent.

37 minutes ago, The Nal said:

2nd or 3rd down below The Sugababes and whatever other kitch guff they cobbled together last minute.

Andi Peters or someone like that.

Spot on there.

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

couldn't hear you over your rattling zimmer frame and clicking dentures 

Edited by topmarksbri