Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, addicted2noise said:

I guess no Mona Lisa's and Mad Hatters then (besides that shocking remix) which is a shame as I think it's his best song.

my thoughts exactly, i would be a tiny bit dissapointed if he didnt play it. saying that, we have Elton john on el pointo whos arsed!

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone else surprised Arctics weren't announced first? For some reason I really thought they would be the obvious first announcement.

By announcing Elton it means it really doesn't matter who else they announce. It's the big news. Arctics will have some people moaning.

(I am well happy)

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone else surprised Arctics weren't announced first? For some reason I really thought they would be the obvious first announcement.

worst kept secret, no point in announcing. first announcement was alwasy going to be one to grab a headline. wouldn't be surprised if AM don't appear until the poster does

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Elton's the big deal. It'll help soften the blow of the other bookings being a bit less special.

Yeah but that kinda my point. I feel like they normally do the least exciting one first.

Although, of course, there is no pattern.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

13 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

You are all welcome. (Was it me? I can't actually remember.)

Someone said something like “why have you all ruled out Elton John when he’s free all weekend” and then two or three of us went and looked on his website and saw he’d moved the date and yeah it seemed semi-inevitable from then on. Team effort. 

Of the two acts to pull the ‘cancel/postpone an already announced show in France to play the Sunday night at Glastonbury’ card this blows The Who out of the water though, obviously. And hopefully Elton’s sub is a lot better than Paul fucking Weller as well. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

An 0800 announcement is unusual I think...maybe Emily thought 'There's no way this bloke will keep his trap shut' after she told us in Frome last night 😂

What's interesting is that her and Nick seemed genuinely surprised when we said we'd worked it out from the Pyramid rocket picture....her exact words were 'Wow, well done!'. 

Perhaps the webcam reveal didn't actually get the attention they hoped it would. 

You've still not told me how you managed to be cozying up to Emily and Nick? Unless they are long term pals of yours 😲 

22 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

By announcing Elton it means it really doesn't matter who else they announce. It's the big news. Arctics will have some people moaning.

(I am well happy)

I can’t see too many people being unhappy with AM (though people love to complain about them on this forum for some reason - I don’t really see it anywhere else)

Fair to say, Reg is really not my bag at all!! That being said, I do appreciate his status. He’s regarded by many as a legend and being his last UK gig of his last ever tour, that’s pretty profound I reckon. I’m sure the pyramid will be electric ️ I’ll either soak up that energy and appreciate the moment… or bog off to one of the other 100 stages. Either way I’m only more exited about Glasto this morning! 

Will definitely be watching this at the weekend. Might even do the sing-along version to get some practice in! Can't wait to see him headlining on Sunday night. It's going to be one for the ages!1544906730_IMG_166997402338F2.thumb.jpg.b2003ecc0006a4d5ab9e0a604d160a97.jpg

5 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

You've still not told me how you managed to be cozying up to Emily and Nick? Unless they are long term pals of yours 😲 

I can't claim any great association tbh....being quite local we've said hi occasionally and my wife met her a few times when Emily was a customer in her shop in Frome. 

Last night was a bit of serendipity I suppose....we'd seen her at the C&G but didn't get a chance to speak. Then much later we were wandering home and bumped into them in a quiet street as they were heading to their car. We said hello and I asked about Elton....once I'd explained why she said it was true and that the announcement would be today. We said we'd not let slip...although most people had worked it out by then in any case. 

We also said we'd be in Pilton on Saturday for the Christmas market and Emily said she'd see us there and talk more about it. 

Lovely folks. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I can't claim any great association tbh....being quite local we've said hi occasionally and my wife met her a few times when Emily was a customer in her shop in Frome. 

Last night was a bit of serendipity I suppose....we'd seen her at the C&G but didn't get a chance to speak. Then much later we were wandering home and bumped into them in a quiet street as they were heading to their car. We said hello and I asked about Elton....once I'd explained why she said it was true and that the announcement would be today. We said we'd not let slip...although most people had worked it out by then in any case. 

We also said we'd be in Pilton on Saturday for the Christmas market and Emily said she'd see us there and talk more about it. 

Lovely folks. 

Bless them 😊

Maybe she was so surprised because she hadn't expected Detective @parsonjack to crack the case? 

8 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Lovely folks. 

LOVE this. A chance meeting, you impressed her with your deductive reasoning skills, and then arranged a date for a follow up.

10/10 from me.

Looking forward to the update tomorrow.

Edited by Phoenix Girl
still out of upvotes tho