Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

I'd love them back but I think it's 2024 at the earliest, next year is Bon Iver's year.

Saw him in Dublin a couple of weeks ago. I am ON BOARD with that.

I’d also be well on board with The National.

Edited by CiaranMc

8 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

What are the possibilities of Spice Girls…. Me and my mate are just laughing at the prospect of it. First timers and were just gassed about anyone being on the bill

A couple of years ago one of them - I wanna(be)* say Mel B? - was single handedly trying to talk them into the slot by saying they’d been spoken to etc. 

Realistically I’m not sure if the festival would do it.

*Sorry 

• Like 1

Just now, DareToDibble said:

A couple of years ago one of them - I wanna(be)* say Mel B? - was single handedly trying to talk them into the slot by saying they’d been spoken to etc. 

Realistically I’m not sure if the festival would do it.

*Sorry 

They’ve also recently said they haven’t been spoken to …. Although that could also be some kind of smokescreen … on the 1 show 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

They’ve also recently said they haven’t been spoken to …. Although that could also be some kind of smokescreen … on the 1 show 

Oh really? Missed that.

Worth noting I was referring to the possibility of them playing the Sunday legend slot, not headlining @TGCarr

Just so you don’t think they’ve gone completely mad on the headliners bookings 😂

Edited by DareToDibble

11 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I think The National have a problem in that they have a huge fanbase but you either love them or don't really know them.  Combine this with the low-key music and performance style and you have the potential for them to just fall flat.  Especially on a big stage at a festival.  They'd be better suited to a smaller stage, in the dark where the die hards could go and fucking love it.

I saw the National at Leeds not too long ago and was amazed at how the music came across in a big venue. I really think they'd be just fine headlining. Probably the best band around right now.

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Oh really? Missed that.

Worth noting I was referring to the possibility of them playing the Sunday legend slot, not headlining @TGCarr

Just so you don’t think they’ve gone completely mad on the headliners bookings 😂

I'm sure they were ruled out for some reason or another. I would love that though. 

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

She casually referred to 'my album', implying there is an album in the works. It might be "unrelated" to the SB but it's pretty evident something new is coming, and I can't imagine she wouldn't leverage the SB to her advantage when it does.

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

She casually referred to 'my album', implying there is an album in the works. It might be "unrelated" to the SB but it's pretty evident something new is coming

She was referring to her Panini "Qatar 2022" album. Apparently she just needs Japan's Shogo Taniguchi, Cameroon's Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui and the Costa Rica shiny team badge and it's complete. 

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, TGCarr said:

What are the possibilities of Spice Girls…. 

very low, two spices recently said on tv  that they'd never been asked.

most people think they'lkl play cos mel b has said a few times that they're playing, she was bullshitting cos they've never been asked.

Just a thought on Elton...I saw him back in 2017 and a few people I know have seen him on this farewell tour. Every time he has started and ended early - 7pm ish to 9pm ish. We actually almost missed him when we went because made the assumption that he would start about 9pm as most gigs do. He's getting on now and you can clearly see the hedonistic life he has lived is catching up with him, I'm not sure if that's anything to do with it, but could be.

I'm sure other people will have seen him and may be able to point to gigs where he may have played later which would dismiss this as an issue, but could this potentially rule him out of the headline slot and put him in the legend slot?

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

Just a thought on Elton...I saw him back in 2017 and a few people I know have seen him on this farewell tour. Every time he has started and ended early - 7pm ish to 9pm ish. We actually almost missed him when we went because made the assumption that he would start about 9pm as most gigs do. He's getting on now and you can clearly see the hedonistic life he has lived is catching up with him, I'm not sure if that's anything to do with it, but could be.

I'm sure other people will have seen him and may be able to point to gigs where he may have played later which would dismiss this as an issue, but could this potentially rule him out of the headline slot and put him in the legend slot?

A quick google suggests his BST set finished at about 10:20pm. I don't think it's an issue.

10 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

Other stage headliners? 

yep

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

Dua Lipa is playing the Jingle Bell Ball in December so maybe new music coming sooner rather than later? 

Swear that Elton John song isn't too old. Wouldn't look too too much into it as they usually only do like 5 songs - but does show shes open to one offs