Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

7 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I love them but The National absolutely sucked the life out of the Pyramid field last time they played so chuck them on Other.

They acknowledged they got the set list wrong that day. 

Bad sets will happen now and again, they normally get great reviews for their live shows. 

Anyway Other headliner if/when they play again. 

4 minutes ago, CJB said:

Are we thinking the 1975 are potentially likely to be there in some capacity (other headliners or pyramid) or na??

I'm not sure I see them wanting to do anything other than pyramid headliner tbh. Possibly Other but after headlining R/L they might see that as a step down (not that I'd necessarily agree)

Edited by wc23

5 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I think The National have a problem in that they have a huge fanbase but you either love them or don't really know them.  Combine this with the low-key music and performance style and you have the potential for them to just fall flat.  Especially on a big stage at a festival.  They'd be better suited to a smaller stage, in the dark where the die hards could go and fucking love it.

Bang on. I love them but they’re not a Pyramid act. Other headliner tho. (I used to hate that field but the sound is awesome these days.)

On 11/4/2022 at 1:06 PM, Neil said:

there's a reason why glastonbury gave up on its own forums, and they're it. some people want to believe its all about them.

Oh wow! I had forgotten about those forums. They were clique central. Enough to put idle browsers off the festival for life, and with no reason at all, as the vast majority of actual punters are very, very chill. 

Just now, TGCarr said:

Bar the legend slot and AM.

Is it normal for this festival to have no dead certs in place? 

Also my mate would go bonkers for 1975 haha

Rarely more than strong rumours at this stage and never any official announcements before ticket day.  T-day is usually the first Sunday of October though, so we're a month late this time.  Something official will be announced before Christmas, I'm sure.

3 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Ignoring headliners, you can one 100% assume Fatboy Slim and Billy Brag will be there in some capacity.

Edited by Xeph1995

10 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

2/4 of the biggest slots isn't that little i feel

23 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I think The National have a problem in that they have a huge fanbase but you either love them or don't really know them.  Combine this with the low-key music and performance style and you have the potential for them to just fall flat.  Especially on a big stage at a festival.  They'd be better suited to a smaller stage, in the dark where the die hards could go and fucking love it.

I want this. Sod it. Chuck em on the Pointy one last thing Sunday. Perfection.

Looking back it was really weird the National played that sub slot. I think it was like their second or third gig back after a year or two off and it was all SWB. They were clearly enthused by the new music but it just didn't land. I was there and took my friend who wasn't a fan (but didn't mind them either) and I was as confused as him when they were pulling out songs I'd never heard of.

Their tour this year though I think shows they have know exactly what to play to have a crowd pleasing set, and it went down really well. All they need to do is replicate that set on the Other stage and it'll go down really well.

Edited by scatteredscreens

58 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I don't think it will happen, but The National have a new album coming and last subbed in 2017. I just don't think their popularity has kicked on enough to headline but at the same time they could be a very outside shot? Are they the same level Arcade Fire were when they headlined? I don't think they've gotten less popular, more just stayed at the same level.

Love The National, so much so I got a Trouble Will Find Me tattoo last week, but there's no chance they'd even be in the "curveball" list of potential headliners. Headlining the Other however would be a great spot for them.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If they're going to book The National and Arctic Monkeys they should also get Gorillaz so we'll have a trio who's only experience of Glastonbury is dying on their arses.

I really don't think AM were bad tbh, they have never been know for their enormous stage presence. 

They aren't in the same bracket as Gorillaz. 

Edited by Xeph1995

30 minutes ago, nikkic said:

They acknowledged they got the set list wrong that day. 

Bad sets will happen now and again, they normally get great reviews for their live shows. 

Anyway Other headliner if/when they play again. 

They were quality when I saw them this year at APE. Then again, they had a 90 min set and essentially banged the entire set out without stopping in front of 'their' crowd. I agree, they'd be better on Other Stage instead of the main stage.

2 minutes ago, wc23 said:

I'm not sure I see them wanting to do anything other than pyramid headliner tbh. Possibly Other but after headlining R/L they might see that as a step down (not that I'd necessarily agree)

I’d be happy with either tbh …. just want them there next year, they’re my main wish 🤞🏻

The 1975 are a strange one at the moment.  They aren't really being talked about as a contender nearly as much as others, and yet -

They last played in 2017 so a 6 year gap

Have had 3 number one albums since then

Regularly sell out big arena tours and sell out multiple nights at The O2

Are just starting out on a tour which goes into next year so will definitely be about

Have massively improved as a live act as shown by 2 headline slots at Reading that they nailed.

I agree Matty Healy is a cock, but they do put on a cracking live show (easily upstaged AM this year)

By pretty much every measure, they should be nailed on to be there next year (particularly the gap and the fact they are touring).  I can't see them subbing the Pyramid and not sure if they would accept headlining The Other.

Ultimately, I think the booking of AM rules them out of headlining the Pyramid as surely they wont have them both headlining?  However, them not appearing at all next year just doesn't seem likely - so where do they fit?

3 minutes ago, circus92 said:

The 1975 are a strange one at the moment.  They aren't really being talked about as a contender nearly as much as others, and yet -

They last played in 2017 so a 6 year gap

Have had 3 number one albums since then

Regularly sell out big arena tours and sell out multiple nights at The O2

Are just starting out on a tour which goes into next year so will definitely be about

Have massively improved as a live act as shown by 2 headline slots at Reading that they nailed.

I agree Matty Healy is a cock, but they do put on a cracking live show (easily upstaged AM this year)

By pretty much every measure, they should be nailed on to be there next year (particularly the gap and the fact they are touring).  I can't see them subbing the Pyramid and not sure if they would accept headlining The Other.

Ultimately, I think the booking of AM rules them out of headlining the Pyramid as surely they wont have them both headlining?  However, them not appearing at all next year just doesn't seem likely - so where do they fit?

I don't think that having AM and 1975 is unreasonable - especially given it seems pretty accepted on here the idea of AM, GNR and Elton.

No chance they would accept Other.

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

I don't think that having AM and 1975 is unreasonable - especially given it seems pretty accepted on here the idea of AM, GNR and Elton.

No chance they would accept Other.

Agreed, but I also struggle to see them not being on the farm at all next year.  So Pyramid it is then - scenes on here when they are announced 😂