Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Download festival leak. Usually weary with leaks but this has all the stylings as their most recent insta post and leaked the same way as the pilot was last year so think it’s reliable.

someone on the last thread seemed optimistic about slipknot headlining so guess this rules them out

image.png

Double Metallic, I know the pool is small, but how lazy is that. 

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Wait, are @FloorFillerand @2loor2iller, related?

Ha I thought I made that obvious with the name but clearly not. Guess it’s hard to tell with all the people coming in here and acting like dickheads.

Yep, made a silly comment that Neil took a dislike to and so he put my main account on ‘approval mode’ where he has to approve each and every one of my posts, which he isn’t doing, so had to make a new one to post in real time. Good times

2 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Wow!! There is just so much wrong with this post

as there is the stuff going on that caused me to say it, some people are trying to fuck up my income, so it would only be fair to do the same back.

4 minutes ago, 2loor2iller said:

Ha I thought I made that obvious with the name but clearly not. Guess it’s hard to tell with all the people coming in here and acting like dickheads.

yeah too many dickheads to keep track of, i've tracked quite a few today tho.

23 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Download festival leak. Usually weary with leaks but this has all the stylings as their most recent insta post and leaked the same way as the pilot was last year so think it’s reliable.

someone on the last thread seemed optimistic about slipknot headlining so guess this rules them out

image.png

I guess there's still absolutely no chance Glasto would consider a fourth headliner on the Thursday

54 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Come to Dublin! €79 (plus fees)…tickets still available and no golden circle, just wander up front if you want! 

image.thumb.jpeg.70c4a34ccc5de1299af513f2075cbdf6.jpeg

Tempting.  Came over to Dublin to watch Elton John a few years ago and made a long weekend of it.  Had a blast.

41 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Pendulum on that download leak means they might be available for Glastonbury too, I'd love Pendulum on the Other Stage or John Peel. 

Put on a banging show, saw them at leeds when they first got back together crowd was bopping. 

And Placebo - both of whom seem like a bad fit for Download....

Arctics - good shout. Very likely.

Elton - The cancelled date looks promising but we’ve been here before. No previous inclination to play and one poster said they’d heard he wasn’t a fan. If he’s suddenly keen it has to be now.

GNR - Seems plausible-Glastonbury booking a stadium sized rock band? Well that’ll never catch on! Don’t know much about them but I got the impression they were hauling themselves around for one last pay day. Glastonbury money wouldn’t fit with that plan. If they come back for the cancelled Glasgow gig then maybe they’d double it up with the Big G to make it worthwhile. But! We know Emily wants them and if they’re willing to do it in 2023 there won’t be many other opportunities.

Pulp - really don’t think they can be ruled out. History with the fest, would get a big crowd (look at Noel G’s), the gap feels enough to make it a bit of an event. Would be a very strong sub but I could see them headline.

Blur - They’re about and if they’re up for it, would be a obvious booking. 

Dua Lipa - Doesn’t seem to be doing much after hammering the last album. I hoped she’d be tempted to do it as almost a one-off if she appreciated the significance of it but probably 2024 now

Rihanna- I’m not a fan but if the timing is right and there’s any chance of it, Glastonbury would surely take it. Big big booking.

Eminem - Sun link aside I can’t see it but again if it’s a possibility I reckon Glastonbury would book him 

Doesnt say much for outsiders like The 1975 or Florence but still outside bets if other bigger fish don’t take the bait.

TL;DR “So who’s headlining then? Dunno”

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, purplebenny1 said:

Headline nope

But certainly play is a possibility 

Well they get to headline everything else. How many other fests do they have to headline then. Theyre going to headline Bonnaroo the week before. Also Boston Calling, Adjacent, Lollapalooza and did When When Were Young. Still not enough of a resume for them right. 

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Well they get to headline everything else. How many other fests do they have to headline then. Theyre going to headline Bonnaroo the week before. Also Boston Calling, Adjacent, Lollapalooza and did When When Were Young. Still not enough of a resume for them right. 

American fests. Not uk fests. They coheadlined with qotsa with their only festival headline appearance here.

Phoenix headlined coachella and could only headline the nme stage at Reading festival 

8 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Tempting.  Came over to Dublin to watch Elton John a few years ago and made a long weekend of it.  Had a blast.

It’s a bit mad as Dublin used to always be really expensive for gigs. We used to go to Prague or other spots in Eastern Europe to avoid the high prices here. But the new law last year banning the sale of tickets above fave value, and by extension making dynamic pricing impossible, has all of a sudden made it great value! (Not always, it’s still €400 or so for a pair of tickets to see Elton next March!)…