Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Just now, Neil said:

they have redeeming features, gnr have none.

Tell me you've never listened to November Rain without telling me you've never listened to November Rain. 

In all seriousness we get you don't like GNR, let people have a discussion about them even if you think it's unlikely, why do you honestly care so much, it's so odd. 

I predicted Blur would headline 2023 back in June, (previous now deleted thread) but have now been thrown by the fact that;

It's meant to be a 30th Parklife Anniversary(which would be 2024).

But there's talk of a Wembley show for July (2023?)

Dave and Graham both appear to have been in the same studio together in the past week, so possibly dusting themselves down?

3 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

Maybe I'm just hoping too hard, but they're in Paris on the 24th and Copenhagen on the 27th.  It's maybe a stretch but not impossible 

Have you seen the price of the tickets for the DM tour next year?  Front standing at Twickenham would cost more than Glastonbury!

1 minute ago, Superunknown said:

Tell me you've never listened to November Rain without telling me you've never listened to November Rain. 

In all seriousness we get you don't like GNR, let people have a discussion about them even if you think it's unlikely, why do you honestly care so much, it's so odd. 

i care cos this rubbish is stinking up my forums, messig with my living.shall i start fucking up your job for you, moron.

11 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

If I was betting money, I would bet 

Fri - Harry Styles 

Sat - Florence 

Sun - Depeche Mode 

Personally, I don't think GNR will headline if they play.  Theyre a nostalgia band full stop.  Emily and Michael always book 'the biggest acts in the word' and while that may have been true for GNR at one time, it's not true anymore.  I could see them subbing Arctic Monkeys or headlining the other stage, but not headlining the pyramid. 

That would the weakest set of headliners in awhile for me, I do like Depeche Mode quite a bit but Florence and Harry are weak AF. 

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

That would the weakest set of headliners in awhile for me, I do like Depeche Mode quite a bit but Florence and Harry are weak AF. 

Florence doesnt do anything for me personally.  Nor do the arctics.  In some ways I hope for weak headliners to eliminate the clash factor.  But when you love a band, there's nothing like seeing them headline the pyramid 

17 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

Emily and Michael always book 'the biggest acts in the word

Do they? I love my music but wouldn't say my fingers on the pulse so apply pinch of salt to the below... But 2019 had the killers and the cure. I don't think they're that big a deal but am more than happy to be wrong 😊

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

i care cos this rubbish is stinking up my forums, messig with my living.shall i start fucking up your job for you, moron.

You're seriously responding to someone talking about a massive band headlining a festival, when sources have suggested it's happening, with this vile nonsense? It's not stinking up the forum, it's what the forum has always been for. Your strange dislike of one particular band is making you extremely irrational and even nasty on this. 

If there's anyone out there who Neil trusts, please step in. 

• Upvote 1