The "I'm going to Glastonbury 2023" thread

Supernintendo Chalmers

Back again from 2019 after missing out on Glasto2020/2022 ticket sale.

Got to the payment screen twice and it timed out and was fully admitting defeat, until in the 11th hour one of our group finally got through. Buzzing is an understatement and I can finally return to trawling to glasto chat forums in my spare time.

Edited by deadpheasant
syntax

51 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Going again, but after near 30 years of going I always feel guilty that I'm depriving someone younger from doing so. Should really step aside tbh.

Not sure I agree with this. The thing I love about Glastonbury is the huge range of ages and walks of life. If everyone who has been going for decades stepped aside for younger people it would change the atmosphere completely. Stick with it! 🙌 

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Like 1

Will my first since 2014 (when I was pregnant with our eldest). Will be leaving my husband at home to look after our three boys whilst I return to the happiest place on earth with four friends. Still getting my head around the fact that we actually got tickets… now just the small task of three CV tickets to get 🙈

Having missed only 2 Glastonbury’s since 95 ( 2004 couldn’t get them, 2008 could’ve got them but was in Oz) it was a bit of a shock not to have tickets- payment page rejected twice 😫 My niece has never known the pain of not getting tickets out of the 14 she has come with me. Fingers crossed we are lucky in resale though she is also looking at volunteering as an option. Will remain positive- I might have to start buying cheese 😂 like @Crazyfool01

9 hours ago, kalifire said:

Glad you get to join in knowing you have a ticket this time 🙂

And that he got eleven other people's tickets, which is an incredible achievement. 

My thirtieth attendance is on thanks to the mighty @Crazyfool01

11 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Sure I get that, albeit mainly selfishly. Aging demographic and all that tho. I remember when I went as a 20yo. Wouldn't be happy if 50+ were consuming all the tix. It wasn't like that back then but there's deffo a feeling its getting older cos they can afford it.

It depends where you are, sure there are plenty of us who are older, but I came on a coach as I have before and there are often plenty of youngsters on there, plus some stages had acts that were a notable draw for younger fans - I saw one finishing at JP and it was like Freshers week. 

First timer here! - Not here to gloat, really do feel for anyone who missed it out. It's an incredibly stressful process. 

Very very excited, we've struck super lucky with a mate being able to borrow his work clients Mercedes Sprinter Campervan it's incredibly posh. 

Just going through the heaps of good information here is getting me excited. 

Luckily were going with 4 others who have been before too which will help.