2024 Headliners

4 hours ago, incident said:

You couldn't.

It wasn't the largest Pyramid crowd ever, but I don't think it was quite Arcade Fire level either.

Most relevantly, it was probably still more than could have fit at the Other Stage.

You could.

I did. Just strolled down.

Ooh there's a few grumpy so and so's about for a Saturday night. 

Cheer up you miserable feckers, you're going to a massive party in only 115 days time - either that or you're not and you should be getting your resale or volunteering arse in gear. 

Other than that, it's gone a bit like the ads in Smash Hits or NME. 

We get it, you like band x but not band y. 

Maybe they'll both show up on different stages? 

Life is rich with possibility 😘

• Upvote 5

Pretty miserable in this thread so think I'll come in with a new suggestion. I've just been to see Rick Astley in Manchester, and I reckon we should just say f**k it and have him back on the farm and give him the headline slot he deserves

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Ok, let’s make it more straight forward, if you can’t figure out the nuance of why I posted such a clearly stupid suggestion… why on earth would she sing a song that slags her off and she has repeatedly said she hates? Completely pointless, idiotic post.

Agreed, from you it is. I started my whole post saying I know it is....doesn't mean I don't want to here it you silly man! You're arguing with yourself 

16 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

for those of average age and above struggling to pronounce SZA this was posted on my watts app 🙂 .... I will turn average age the weekend before the festival

edit ah bollocks im 10 years older must keep up I now feel ancient 

I thought it was Seizure… well I nearly effin had one when I saw the price of tickets that went on sale recently; $500 per person! FFS! Dynamic pricing (aka price gouging) should be made illegal and Seizure and anyone to do with Ticketmaster NZ dragged out into the street and given a stern talking to in front of their parents.

I put the tickets back in the pot.

6 hours ago, northernangel said:

Agreed, from you it is. I started my whole post saying I know it is....doesn't mean I don't want to here it you silly man! You're arguing with yourself 

I wasn’t arguing with anyone - just pointing out your basic idiocy.

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Not weird at all. They're shite. I don't understand why people can't grasp this reality. One half of them didn't even bother showing up for half their set, probably too busy trying to find the back up USB.

I'd never seen them before that set in 2022, knew their popular hits.

It was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Reality was firmly grasped that night with our group of 30 and the other 10's of 1000's who absolutely loved it.

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'd never seen them before that set in 2022, knew their popular hits.

It was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Reality was firmly grasped that night with our group of 30 and the other 10's of 1000's who absolutely loved it.

It was an excellent set

It never ceases to amaze me how quite a few folks seem to have a refusal to accept others might like different music to them and just cos they don't like a band they label them as awful (other words are available) and dismiss the opinions of those who like them.

We all like different music - nothing wrong with that - and I just don't get the often very strong 'anger' towards music some like but you do not in places like this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, K2SO said:

Pretty miserable in this thread so think I'll come in with a new suggestion. I've just been to see Rick Astley in Manchester, and I reckon we should just say f**k it and have him back on the farm and give him the headline slot he deserves

Seems he’s going to the farm this year as a punter, so you never know, he might pop up somewhere as a guest! We saw him in Glasgow last week and yes, along with the evergreen Belinda Carlisle and the lottery winners it was a good show

anyway, welcome to another day of speculation and unfounded rumours!😊😉

10 hours ago, Superscally said:

Also...

I don't see why we're f**king about. 

Just get the Pet Shop Boys on the blower. 

Would be the biggest Pyramid party of all time. 

Weird, but think they're more of a pull now than when they started this tour. Saw the concert film the other week in a cinema with far more people than I expected. 

10 hours ago, Superscally said:

Weird take. The only reason they weren't the greatest thing of 2022 was because of Macca. 

Woah Jesus! I get opinions and takes and but there no way Pet Shop Boys are being the greatest thing of anything in any year and 2022 on paper was not a great year for me. Pyramid was dire overall.

9 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Saturday night Gnome goes all Neil and guns n roses I see 😬

I may think they are shite but I do believe they are worthy of their place. 

11 hours ago, Superscally said:

Also...

I don't see why we're f**king about. 

Just get the Pet Shop Boys on the blower. 

Would be the biggest Pyramid party of all time. 

Out of curiosity, how old are you? I'm 41 and feel like I'm too young for them.

To each their own, of course. 

Edited by majormajormajor

18 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

I'm saying it's unfortunate that, because the average age of the Glastonbury audience is 38 ......

Well, I'm not going this year so that brings the average age down by quite a lot

12 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

2013...what a year! Arctics and Stones both in my top 5 gigs of all time!

Some people saying that this years lineups are d@bbed down are forgetting that Mumford headlined that year 🤣🤣

The AM thing was noteworthy on TV tbf - their 2013 set was exceptional, whereas the 2023 set felt like it was missing something even in comparison to when I'd seen them in Middlesbrough 3 weeks earlier.

25 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

Out of curiosity, how old are you? I'm 41 and feel like I'm too young for them.

To each their own, of course. 

This surprises me - I'm only a couple years older and would consider myself in the prime demographic.

They certainly still felt like a contemporary act (by which I mean, kids listening, lots of Radio 1 airplay, singles near the top of the charts, TOTP appearances etc) when I started getting into music, through to about the mid-90s at which point Britpop came around and they almost overnight came to be seen as previous-generation / elder statesmen.

46 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Shoppies on the Other 22 was an all-time gas. They d@bbed up so hard.

I regret missing it, but at the same time I don’t regret seeing Kendrick who offered up similar levels of all-timer.