2024 Headliners

2 hours ago, Drinky said:

Ok bear with me here: Stevie has always been one of Michael’s top artists to get for the festival, and he was clearly so pleased at landing him for the 40th in 2010… and thinking back to Emily’s comments about a big American artist who would be around next year, and that it would all make sense when the announcement came… is there going to be an announcement that Michael will be stepping back from the festival and farm completely, and this is his send off?

He’s still in great form! The Pilton stage 

IMG_1001.thumb.png.5ed36f66a95d9b246962fdfe92c6d492.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Doubt Sir Mike will step away. He'll just ascend one day, and that'll be that.

Agree. I doubt his work schedule is too punishing these days.

31 minutes ago, stuie said:

Agree. I doubt his work schedule is too punishing these days.

Wonder if Coldplay will get him out again. Without meaning to sound crass, do wonder if there was a quiet assumption it would be the last chance they'd get to do it with him when they played in 2016.

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

step away from the farm?....Where he lives?! 🙂

would be a bit extreme wouldn't it? 

I'm not sure whether this is up to date or not, but I believe that technically speaking he doesn't live on the farm anymore, he moved (in Festival terms) outside the fence a while back.

40 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm not sure whether this is up to date or not, but I believe that technically speaking he doesn't live on the farm anymore, he moved (in Festival terms) outside the fence a while back.

oh wow, didn't know that, just assumed he was still at Worthy farm.

43 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Emily and Nick live at the farm- Michael is along the road somewhere in his own gaff.

Yep that's how I understand it - unless it's changed again since, he's in a big house still close enough* that he's still very much around the place but technically no longer on the farm (and outside the superfence perimeter).

*someone pointed it out to me one of the years I was working, but I don't feel it'd be appropriate to put the exact location on here.

Edited by incident

5 hours ago, Drinky said:

Ok bear with me here: Stevie has always been one of Michael’s top artists to get for the festival, and he was clearly so pleased at landing him for the 40th in 2010… and thinking back to Emily’s comments about a big American artist who would be around next year, and that it would all make sense when the announcement came… is there going to be an announcement that Michael will be stepping back from the festival and farm completely, and this is his send off?

I get the impression he's no longer really involved in the festival in terms of decision making and Emily is firmly in charge now.

51 minutes ago, incident said:

Yep that's how I understand it - unless it's changed again since, he's in a big house still close enough* that he's still very much around the place but technically no longer on the farm (and outside the superfence perimeter).

*someone pointed it out to me one of the years I was working, but I don't feel it'd be appropriate to put the exact location on here.

It’s a huge place isn’t it? Friends that live nearby in Street showed me a photo when it was built some years ago.

So when EE stated back last July that there were 2 female headliners in 2024, one booked and another close, the “close” one was Madge who f**ked it off?  Frankly I can’t stand her output in the main (at least for the last 25 to 30 years) and the recent shows look dogshit. But it’s putting some of the diversity claims under the microscope again. How long until we actually get majority female headliners do we think? Not banging the drum, just curious as to who is big enough, active etc.