2024 Headliners

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Come back to reality folks, they aren't coming

Of course they aren't. They've never been realistic at any point.

But I do still think Don Henley is a likely shout for the legends slot down the line.

And tbh given he'll have more freedom with the setlist, and presumably be playing alongside musicians he actually likes, I'd expect it to be overall better than an Eagles show.

19 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Spot on - look at this photo from the days when people didn’t take photos

1592999916_02.jpg

Just people living in the moment, not posing for the camera

ha! i have so many pictures like this from nineties Glastonburys

i used to take one of them disposable cameras that had like 18 pictures or whatever it was - there'd be like 5 decent pictures and the rest would be just random blurs...

f**k knows how i used to happily carry one of those things about, they were like massive bricks.

haven't bothered taking pics at Glastonbury in a long long time - don't take a camera and i only take an old burner phone with me.

it used to be that by the time monday morning rolled round you felt utterly detached from any sense of reality of the normal world  - these days being inside the fence is no different to being outside the fence so whats the point.

2 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

it used to be that by the time monday morning rolled round you felt utterly detached from any sense of reality of the normal world  - these days being inside the fence is no different to being outside the fence so whats the point.

While in terms of weirdness, shock/surprise element etc... Glastonbury ain't what it used to be, even I have to disagree.

Stay away from The Pyramid/Acoustic/punter bars/Avalon (mostly), Other Stage (mostly) and a good few other places and it's still significantly different, although the difference is narrowing.  

45 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

i used to take one of them disposable cameras that had like 18 pictures or whatever it was - there'd be like 5 decent pictures and the rest would be just random blurs...

f**k knows how i used to happily carry one of those things about, they were like massive bricks.

haven't bothered taking pics at Glastonbury in a long long time - don't take a camera and i only take an old burner phone with me.

Are you suggesting those disposable cameras were like a brick? 

It was a plastic case, small battery, film and crap lens. 

You defo want heavier bricks for that house your building for the pigs. 

34 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Are you suggesting those disposable cameras were like a brick? 

It was a plastic case, small battery, film and crap lens. 

You defo want heavier bricks for that house your building for the pigs. 

well, perhaps a slight exaggeration - i was just trying to say they where somewhat cumbersome and i really don't know how i happily carried one around in my pocket. 

1 hour ago, -TLR- said:

I have to disagree with the bolded part there - yeah some people might be glued to their phones or similar, but it is completely a different world inside the fence as far as I'm concerned. The real world doesn't exist for at least a few days and all my concerns drift away

• Like 1

Just now, ironmike8 said:

I have to disagree with the bolded part there - yeah some people might be glued to their phones or similar, but it is completely a different world inside the fence as far as I'm concerned. The real world doesn't exist for at least a few days and all my concerns drift away

It is and it isn't

There's enough difference, but at the same time too much similarity.

Attention to where you spend your time can ensure the former or you can suffer the later.

49 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It is and it isn't

There's enough difference, but at the same time too much similarity.

Attention to where you spend your time can ensure the former or you can suffer the later.

Until the last year or two for me it depended on two factors; what network I was on and what I'd consumed. 

I've had phones for decades but often on networks that were not orange and then EE, so may as well have locked the phone in a Faraday Cage. 

I've also simultaneously been a bit erm worse for wear, so the few photos I've taken (either on the aforementioned disposables or then phones) have been very handy for post match analysis.  I've mentioned in here before I've literally used the time stamps and glimpses of stages to work out where I was 🙄

3 hours ago, -TLR- said:

A Monday morning at Glastonbury still leaves me totally detached from the outside world and totally depressed at the thought of returning to the outside world. 

10 hours ago, gfa said:

Not many people I know go (22), its only our group which has expanded as I drag people along (and people with family who've been going years)

Glastonbury requires a large amount of organisation. For that reason your unlikely to be getting large groups of gcse/a level students - you need to get a solid group together, have potentially £450 in one account for deposits (+coach), then be able to pay another £300 for the ticket balance.

Just to get 6 tickets with a coach from London costs like £800 upfront which has to be organised into one person's account.

Then theres actually getting the tickets against big groups, regulars who know how it works etc

The difficulty in organising getting tickets at this point in time means the festival won't be swarmed with the GCSE crowd until tickets stop selling out or the ticket system significantly changes to favour them.

I seem to remember my GCSE and A-levels coinciding with Glastonbury in fairness so it wasn't exactly practical to have gone back in the day. Though I'm presuming there might be a few throwing in a convenient sickie to make it.

1 hour ago, kpins said:

A Monday morning at Glastonbury still leaves me totally detached from the outside world and totally depressed at the thought of returning to the outside world. 

Tbf that's how I feel in the airport coming back from holidays. So much as I've not been to Glastonbury, that's fairly relatable enough.

Edited by charlierc

10 hours ago, charlierc said:

I seem to remember my GCSE and A-levels coinciding with Glastonbury in fairness so it wasn't exactly practical to have gone back in the day. Though I'm presuming there might be a few throwing in a convenient sickie to make it.

Even though it was so long ago I remember we couldn't travel down to my first Glastonbury until the Thursday because of A-levels. 

1 minute ago, Little Andy said:

Why do we think not a single act has been officially announced yet? Usually we have a headliner or legend by now, right?

Stevie has his own show(s) to announce/sell, likewise for Dua, Coldplay not really worth announcing as they’re always there, and Shania not exactly the biggest Sunday legend so not really worth announcing either.

Emily did say they hoped to announce the full lineup all at once so looks like that’s what’s gonna happen.

• Thanks 1