2024 Headliners

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Madonna was always going to have to significantly lower her fee to play Glastonbury, I'm sure her team knew this and the festival would have made it clear from the start. My gut feeling with Madonna was that she is too expensive but with the amount of talk about her, I had come round to thinking it may happen. It still could but it's far from surprising news if they just won't pay what she wants.

I’d tend to agree, to me it fits in with their denial about the three headliners being booked, this explains why it was denied, they were only in negotiations with Madonna.

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Who gives a flying f**k?

Macca and Elton weren't booked off the back of their work in the last few years. Even the f**king Killers won't be booked due to f**king Pressure Machine.

Calm down ! calm down! My point is they shouldn’t over pay for her? If she’s only chasing the dough she should stick to the BMW and Audi set at BST. 

41 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

If it’s true, won’t their first priority be a replacement female headliner? But that may be quite difficult. 

Olivia Rodrigo's European tour finishes four days before in Lisbon. Clearly went down extremely well in 2022, and has released one of the best pop records in years since.

Would absolutely smash a Friday Pyramind headline slot whilst bringing Gen Z's interest along for future festivals.

Edited by Porcelina
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Colorblindjames said:

Last studio album 4 years ago with poor sales. Doesn’t scream relevant to me.

Anyway I wouldn’t throw big money at any Glastonbury headliner. They don’t have to. 

Yes, I guess all those outstanding albums that crossed multiple genres released by her throughout the 80,90s and 2000s don't matter.

Madonna could have stopped making music in 2008 and people would still clamour to see her.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Yes, I guess all those outstanding albums that crossed multiple genres released by her throughout the 80,90s and 2000s don't matter.

Madonna could have stopped making music in 2008 and people would still clamour to see her.

Hate to break it to you but people get old and can’t perform like they used to. 

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

If it’s true, won’t their first priority be a replacement female headliner? But that may be quite difficult. 

Gaga?  Nothing on her schedule until Vegas later in the year.

I know he's a bloke but Springsteen is still free Sunday night... although unlikely as he's in Netherlands the night before and doesn't do back to backs this time round.

The stuff about Dave subbing next year. Could be something to it but replacing Madonna rather than subbing? As keen as they are for another female headliner they might be more relaxed about any anticipated gender balance criticism by at least not booking another old white guy.

I've no idea where Dave is at album release wise TBF so maybe not feasible, though Stormzy did it.