2024 Headliners

6 minutes ago, charlierc said:

If it does end up being jinxed and somebody else plays, feel free to bring this post back up to say you were right.

Oh don't worry, it so rarely happens, not only would I take the win, I'd dine on it for years, maybe even put it in my bio.

Seriously though, I hope that doesn't happen. Getting Madonna would be huge for the festival.

15 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Very cleverly worded as it seems to be saying the rumours they have confirmed are untrue, not that they won't eventually be confirmed.

That's my take as well. Of course the news about confirmed headliners is untrue, but only because they haven't been confirmed yet... as you say, carefully worded.

Edited by kalifire

15 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

A big issue with the ticket sale balls up … they don’t confirm the headliners before the sale and Emily’s stated this . However if the news gets out and becomes too strong what do they do ? Or are the daily fail getting info from sites like this ? I’m not clicking link 

Well …. They deny it in an ambiguous way 

I guess a lot depends on how Emily is defining “confirmed”. If by that she means ‘announced’, then she can easily deny the story because obviously nobody has been announced yet. But if she takes confirmed to mean secured to play the festival, that changes the game and one or more may be wrong. 

@roughbloke mentioned he’d heard Dua and Coldplay are locked in. No mention of Madge (but no denying it either). Could they still be haggling her down and she’s not signed yet?