ticketmaster dynamic pricing uk

brettredmayne

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Could always do a 15 minute raffle at 9am on a friday morning then you find out at 10am for instance.

Issue with this is people entering heaps of accounts

Well they actually crosscheck and such so its limited to one account on your ballot, even says in the faq. I mean i have multiples but it wouldnt matter. They also cracked down on using multiples during onsales now, but there are still ways. 

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Well they actually crosscheck and such so its limited to one account on your ballot, even says in the faq. I mean i have multiples but it wouldnt matter. They also cracked down on using multiples during onsales now, but there are still ways. 

case in point

22 hours ago, DeanoL said:

You could argue the same for the dynamic pricing though. The really committed fans will be willing to pay more. Being able to login to a specific webpage during the working day at a specific time is a different sort of privilege but it still confers huge advantages onto middle-class office workers

Valid point, hadn't thought of it like that tbh.

On 9/13/2022 at 10:04 AM, K2SO said:

As for anyone boycotting Ticketmaster, good luck. They own EVERYTHING. It's next to impossible to run a show of any sort in the US without selling through TM. In the UK, it's not much better. Almost every single major venue or event in the UK is operated by TM. You name it, they probably own it.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Glastonbury starts selling tickets through TM within the next 5 years.

I've been doing quite well myself. Not bought a ticketmaster ticket in 4-5 years. Thankfully everyone I've wanted to see have been through Dice or SeeTickets/GigsandTours. Most gigs are to be fair and you'll rarely find tickets ONLY being sold through Ticketmaster in the UK.

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

I've been doing quite well myself. Not bought a ticketmaster ticket in 4-5 years. Thankfully everyone I've wanted to see have been through Dice or SeeTickets/GigsandTours. Most gigs are to be fair and you'll rarely find tickets ONLY being sold through Ticketmaster in the UK.

Yeah, tickets get sold through other platforms, but a lot of the time the money is only circling round the drain to end up in the same place anyway. TM is one of those evils that is here to stay, and you just have to live with it and work out the most ethical way for you to live your own life because you have to draw a line somewhere.

18 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

Silverstone F1 tickets have gone on sale this week with dynamic pricing and it is by all accounts a shit show, saw a screen grab of them going up £200 in 20 minutes 

Was logging in a little while to grab them and saw the price increases. Awful. It’s much cheaper just to go to one abroad next year 

On 9/14/2022 at 3:53 PM, D-Low said:

I dont have any evidence but cant help feeling Dice are doing something similar now.  If they are not, the ticket prices for some events are very odd.  I started to feel uneasy when i saw the ticket prices for events at New Century Hall in Manchester.  

I may be completely wrong and hope someone more in the know than me can prove me wrong as i always had Dice down as one of the good guys out there (relatively speaking).  How does a band end up with those ticket prices (or should i say their ticketing platform)

image.thumb.png.7797c594602706cf68060affac988067.png

6 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I think dice included all fees on the headline price. 

Thanks.  Another reason I was not sure is Tim Burgess is usually outspoken about music industry BS and with the Charlatans being involved I thought I may be putting 2 and 2 together and failing

4 hours ago, Jcatley said:

Was logging in a little while to grab them and saw the price increases. Awful. It’s much cheaper just to go to one abroad next year 

I live near to Silverstone and if it's cheaper for me to go abroad and see a race outside the UK than it is to just go half an hour up the road to that venue, then that's pretty ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, Dice shows the full price of tickets with fees.

Maybe they should do the subscription thing for gigs. LN having some hard times domestically btw.

So what happens if the show is full? Going to piss some people off when that happens if say a big artist does a small show for instance and then everyone with the pass wants to go and no tickets will be left over.

What a fad

1 hour ago, gfa said:

So what happens if the show is full? Going to piss some people off when that happens if say a big artist does a small show for instance and then everyone with the pass wants to go and no tickets will be left over.

What a fad

They have a similar thing in place for expensive seats in US basketball/hockey arenas whereby you buy a ticket that gets you into everything. Those are counted within capacity, and are a small percentage of what is available. If a 200 capacity club did this type of pass and made 20 available they'd not be impacted too hard, would have a good annual income toward bills guaranteed, and people with the passes would be able to sell on their ticket for a night they didn't want to attend, the same as sports fans can list their seats on Stubhub etc in the US if they don't want to see a band coming through their venue. 

34 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

They have a similar thing in place for expensive seats in US basketball/hockey arenas whereby you buy a ticket that gets you into everything. Those are counted within capacity, and are a small percentage of what is available. If a 200 capacity club did this type of pass and made 20 available they'd not be impacted too hard, would have a good annual income toward bills guaranteed, and people with the passes would be able to sell on their ticket for a night they didn't want to attend, the same as sports fans can list their seats on Stubhub etc in the US if they don't want to see a band coming through their venue. 

It says you get your ticket from the box office though - so unless you want to go there every night to collect the ticket then you can't sell it. you'd think they would have something to stop people taking advantage of it as well like that.

I think its quit different to a season ticket

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

My colleagues kindly bought me a Ticketmaster gift card as a leaving gift and went to buy Suede tickets today and the code had a green tick but didn’t apply. On looking at T&Cs it appears you can only use these codes on events with physical tickets - thought all TM events were digital/E-ticket now?

I’ve got a few Ticketmaster voucher gift cards too but everytime I try to book tickets  it says that the tickets are ‘on partner site’, which send me to Ticketweb who don’t accept the vouchers!!

6 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

My colleagues kindly bought me a Ticketmaster gift card as a leaving gift and went to buy Suede tickets today and the code had a green tick but didn’t apply. On looking at T&Cs it appears you can only use these codes on events with physical tickets - thought all TM events were digital/E-ticket now?

This happened to me recently as well. I just got in touch with them and said the code looked like it had applied but my bank card was charged instead and to be fair they refunded me straight away and transferred the balance over to the gift card, so worth trying that.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

This happened to me recently as well. I just got in touch with them and said the code looked like it had applied but my bank card was charged instead and to be fair they refunded me straight away and transferred the balance over to the gift card, so worth trying that.

Thank you. Have just emailed them.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Live Nation do this?

Hoping to bag Roger Waters tickets tomorrow in the pre-sale and can't find anything on prices.

Is there anyone here on O2 who can have a look see at what their today priority sale prices are please?

Edit: Looking at London and possibly Brum.

Edited by MrZigster

17 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Hoping to bag Roger Waters tickets tomorrow in the pre-sale and can't find anything on prices.

Is there anyone here on O2 who can have a look see at what their today priority sale prices are please?

From £77.35 Level 4 to £132.85 Floor Seated for London, and looks like £75 - £125 for Birmingham.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Live Nation owns Ticketmaster.... They are literally the same company.

• Like 1