Taylor swift

brettredmayne

1 minute ago, thatTFBguy said:

I paid £110 for GA standing which I think is seriously good value for a Paramore support and a 3+ hour set from arguably the biggest pop star on the planet. 

I was pleasantly surprised at how "cheap" general standing is, was fully expecting 150-160.

1 minute ago, thatTFBguy said:

I paid £110 for GA standing which I think is seriously good value for a Paramore support and a 3+ hour set from arguably the biggest pop star on the planet. 

Yup and if anyone has seen the stage design, light show and pyro they're using, it would also be more understandable.

I'm also gonna guess there will be a 2nd support act, who also has to get paid in some regard. I also paid £110 for GA, which is about £30-40 less than I thought it was going to be, even before Paramore. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

While stadium prices are ridiculous, how many times do you see a Stadium gig? My last one was around 2016. I put little bits of money to the side for this since Eras tour US announced. 

Paramore are playing on this tour and if you wanted to see them on tour recently its £45+. 

Then her show is 3+ hours. Its also the staging, the lighting, the pyro, the dancers. 

Is it ridiculous?? of course but if people are able to justify it for an artist they like, thats also okay. 

One of the most in demand tours ever, a 3 hour set, AND support from Paramore (which really didn’t need to happen at all, it could have any schmo) is good value for the ticket based on the current market imo. 

Yep honestly wouldn’t have been surprised if the support had been tiny or non-existent. Taylor will have to be on stage for about 19:30 to get the whole show in before the UK’s idea of curfew, so Paramore are gonna be on very early. It’s a great bonus but definitely wasn’t needed to shift any tickets. 

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

No-one tell @balti-pie about the free tickets... 😬

Bleh, they were right up in the gods, sitting at an upper tier of a stadium gig is about as good as watching a live feed of it - good on anyone getting in for £2.75 or whatever it was 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Yup and if anyone has seen the stage design, light show and pyro they're using, it would also be more understandable.

I'm also gonna guess there will be a 2nd support act, who also has to get paid in some regard. I also paid £110 for GA, which is about £30-40 less than I thought it was going to be, even before Paramore. 

I would be very happy if she sneaks Maisie Peters in as another support. Before Paramore were announced she was who I would have had my money on, being very much inspired by Taylor, but more because of being a friend-of-a-friend via Ed.

She’s been averaging 3h 20 in the US, so that would mean a stage time of 7.30 on nights with an 11pm curfew and 7pm on Sundays.

That would put Paramore on at 6.15-7pm (they’ve been solid on a 30 mins setup before Taylor) or 5.45-6.30pm on Sundays.

So I reckon there’s a chance of a second support doing 30 mins from 5.15-5.45pm.

6 minutes ago, Drinky said:

She’s been averaging 3h 20 in the US, so that would mean a stage time of 7.30 on nights with an 11pm curfew and 7pm on Sundays.

That would put Paramore on at 6.15-7pm (they’ve been solid on a 30 mins setup before Taylor) or 5.45-6.30pm on Sundays.

So I reckon there’s a chance of a second support doing 30 mins from 5.15-5.45pm.

That’d be very empty on the weeknight shows. Rather see Paramore do a longer set tbh. 

13 minutes ago, Drinky said:

It would seem a bit redundant to book a third support when you’ve already gone for Paramore, for a tour that was effectively sold out before a ticket went on sale. I’d say give Paramore an hour and call it a day. Id be more than happy with an extra support, but I just can’t see the sense.

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Does Taylor do 3 hours+ straight too? Pretty impressive if so. 
Nerves have started for our sale tomorrow. 

Every night. Short breaks for costume changes and setups between eras but it’s 40+ songs to fit in

Just now, DareToDibble said:

Ticketmaster for me tomorrow. Sounds like that’s the easier of the 2? Not that I have a choice anyway.

I found axs easy to use but that’s the site I used for Madonna earlier this year. 

a lot of people would have already used their codes so it might not be so bad. Anything in top 5000 should land you a chance for standing, top 10000 should get you in by the looks of think. 

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Ticketmaster for me tomorrow. Sounds like that’s the easier of the 2? Not that I have a choice anyway.

Nobody can really say which is easier. In theory the numbers are split 50/50 so they should be the same.

TM does at least tell you your position in the queue though, whereas on AXS you've got no idea where you stand until the hope gradually drains away.

8 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I found axs easy to use but that’s the site I used for Madonna earlier this year. 

a lot of people would have already used their codes so it might not be so bad. Anything in top 5000 should land you a chance for standing, top 10000 should get you in by the looks of think. 

I guess it’s a question of how many people used their codes for Wembley and how many have been waiting for Cardiff specifically. I want standing but think I’d be happy with any seating as long as it’s not one of the ones to the side/behind the stage.
Tricky part is I’m in charge of buying for our group and they haven’t really given me a maximum spend other than “not much more than standing costs”. But then if for example I get in for some £150 seats would they really not want me to get them for the sake of £40? Not like I’ll struggle to get rid of whatever I buy if they don’t want them anyway I guess. 

42 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I guess it’s a question of how many people used their codes for Wembley and how many have been waiting for Cardiff specifically. I want standing but think I’d be happy with any seating as long as it’s not one of the ones to the side/behind the stage.
Tricky part is I’m in charge of buying for our group and they haven’t really given me a maximum spend other than “not much more than standing costs”. But then if for example I get in for some £150 seats would they really not want me to get them for the sake of £40? Not like I’ll struggle to get rid of whatever I buy if they don’t want them anyway I guess. 

The benefit of Cardiff could well be that people have panic bought tickets for less convenient locations already, added with it being the least appealing show due to the day and the location being weird whereby it’s either really not convenient, or if it is convenient you’re still close enough to London to make that trip on a weekend. It might just end up being locals gunning for it.

7 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

But technically cant you use your code more than once or has nobody on here done that yet. Or it has not become true public knowledge and then TM would close the loophole. Happened with Madonna when one single paid fan club code got out into the open and it was valid on unlimited purchases so a lot of people got tickets without any issue.

If taylor was going to have more support acts they wouldve been announced. The u.s leg had every single support  act on the tour poster before onsales occurred. Although it has been a disservice to not have announced Paramore until just a few days ago. A lot of fans are really upset they dont get a proper euro tour from them now and have to try to get tickets this way and some didnt have codes or verified so theyre left out in the dust.

Edited by Suprefan