Taylor swift

brettredmayne

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Not sure if I'll go for the tour next year. Dependent on dates, but also one where I would like to see the setlist before committing, in a typically risky prospect.

Pretty much where I’m at too. I quite like Midnights but I can’t say I’m desperate to see a set dominated by it. A short walk to Hampden at a reasonable price and I’d probably chance it. The more likely situation of a trip to Murrayfield with expensive tickets is less appealing. Makes an appearance on the pointy one all the more important.

40 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I don’t really get the prepccupation some have with number of streams, records broken, chart position etc. - why does any of that matter? It’s the quality of music that’s important, innit. 

Festival bookings take it into account. If youre client does such and such thing and sells this much, charted albums and singles here and there, you ask for certain billing. It all matters. Thats why sometimes you look at some lineups and wonder how somebody got a certain spot. And then dig around and find out.

Edited by Suprefan

Out of interest, how do Spotify, Apple Music and the likes count number of streams for albums that have a standard issue, and then an extended version ie (3am edition)?

Are they combined to produce one single figure? Or does each get their own?

Edited by st dan

8 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yep. Girly needs to keep her ticket prices reasonable for this touring cycle unless she’s going to promise a certain proportion of old stuff in the setlist. 

Having seen P!nk's prices run from £45 through £150, before Golden Circle, not wholly convinced there will be anything going for less than £75 pre-fees on this jaunt.

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Pretty much where I’m at too. I quite like Midnights but I can’t say I’m desperate to see a set dominated by it. A short walk to Hampden at a reasonable price and I’d probably chance it. The more likely situation of a trip to Murrayfield with expensive tickets is less appealing. Makes an appearance on the pointy one all the more important.

With stadium tours, you'll seldom get many artists cutting directly into my radius - Manchester is typically the nearest, and I find myself with a growing irateness at having to make the commute. Fortunate enough to have seen the BST Hyde Park show back behind 1989 - would be lovely to see her again, but very much can tick it off and say "that's a done deal".

After a few listens I think 7/10 is a reasonable score for this one. Whilst there’s nothing bad here (although Vigilante Shit falls awfully close in to Bad Blood cringe with her attempt at a Billie song), there are a few songs that sound rather inconsequential in regards to her overall discography, or like some of the lesser songs from Lover, and that’s in no small part to the low key production throughout. Seen a lot of the usual Antonoff criticism on socials coming out and I think it’s fair enough when it comes to this album. Maybe not to the village people getting their pitchforks level I’m currently seeing, but I do hope she moves on from him for the next one, or he at least brings something a little more interesting to the table. 

Think some of the critics have fallen in to the old trap of overhyping an anticipated album’s quality and rush releasing their five star reviews for clicks, but I realise it’s all subjective so maybe some people genuinely do think this is her best one….

It might be her most consistent pop record in terms of sonic unity - her last two, in their departures, were very unified, but not sure if any of her other records offer the same level of production soundscapes cues as a collective whole.

(That sounds a bit pompous, but hopefully it makes some sense.)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Those Spotify stats are terrific, but will be very curious to see how physical/digital breaks down. Likely will have to wait until Monday to get a good handle over here.

Will break the Harry Styles record of 150k sold in a week for vinyl. Dont know if you want to realize what that means though. It means she pushed out smaller artists to get her records pressed in time for all of this. And it likely means this record has been finished for at least 6 months. But hey, let her break the sales record while legit indie artists/labels cant have records made in time due to this kind of thing.