Taylor swift

brettredmayne

18 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

WTF is a verified fan?

Basically, she does this thing where 'verified fans' (i imagine people who pre-ordered the album or have bought merch) get early access to tickets.

but the system didn't work as it should and Ms. Swift, Verified fans and the US senate became very angry 

Edited by GeezLouise

6 hours ago, Skip997 said:

WTF is a verified fan?

6 hours ago, GeezLouise said:

Basically, she does this thing where 'verified fans' (i imagine people who pre-ordered the album or have bought merch) get early access to tickets.

but the system didn't work as it should and Ms. Swift, Verified fans and the US senate became very angry 

So 2 things. 1. people who pre ordered vinyl and merch got a ''boost'' ( bullshit ) to be ''higher up in the queue'' when the onsales happened. Obviously with all the traffic it didnt matter and was a bunch of crap. False hope really isnt a good thing to give to people.

2. Verified Fan is a program that Ticketmaster has been using for a few years now to weed out the ''real fans'' and resellers. Thats a load of bollocks anyway since its another form of gatekeeping to only allow a select amount of people to even participate in an onsale. When an artist uses this for their tour they post a link that takes you to ticketmaster. You use your log in information and select the date you are trying to get tickets for. They notify you a day after the registration period closes and you either get a unique code that is tied to your account or a link that is also tied to your account to let you try to buy tickets during the presale. Or you are put on a waitlist ''due to demand''. ( bullshit ) As much as it seems like a good idea, it isnt. As resellers just make hundreds of fake accounts and get into these sales regardless, all the while real people are left behind. Most recent example of the program was last week with country act Morgan Wallen. The faq page is still available, so have a peek. But yeah, want to sign up to a ticket onsale and only to be on the outside looking in because Ticketmaster thinks youre not good enough to buy tickets for some reason?

https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/Morgan-Wallen?language=en_US

Edited by Suprefan

• 2 weeks later...

True story you might find amusing. So about  a month ago I'm in my local and a woman from my running club walks in with a woman I don't recognise. She's an American. They are both very drunk. I am not. I'm introduced to the American and of course I immediately try to establish if she likes Grateful Dead. She pulls a face and makes disparaging remarks about Deadheads. This disappoints me so I mention that I'm also a Swiftie. Young woman than looks up to the ceiling and starts howling as if she is having an incredible orgasm. The change in her attitude was remarkable. When I tell her that I occasionally perform Swift songs at the pub's Open Mic night she starts to swoon and grabs me by the shoulders. Bloody hell I think - what have I done! Needless to say we are now internet buddies and refers to me as "my Swiftie". Gotta love those Yanks.

On 12/31/2022 at 3:18 AM, Matt42 said:

Rumours she has an announcement at midnight tonight - some think it could be that she has her masters back as it comes into effect as of Jan 1st 2023..? And even wackier ones that the midnights album itself is meant to hint this very thing…

What an announcement.....

22 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

True story you might find amusing. So about  a month ago I'm in my local and a woman from my running club walks in with a woman I don't recognise. She's an American. They are both very drunk. I am not. I'm introduced to the American and of course I immediately try to establish if she likes Grateful Dead. She pulls a face and makes disparaging remarks about Deadheads. This disappoints me so I mention that I'm also a Swiftie. Young woman than looks up to the ceiling and starts howling as if she is having an incredible orgasm. The change in her attitude was remarkable. When I tell her that I occasionally perform Swift songs at the pub's Open Mic night she starts to swoon and grabs me by the shoulders. Bloody hell I think - what have I done! Needless to say we are now internet buddies and refers to me as "my Swiftie". Gotta love those Yanks.

I prefer the ending where it turned out the woman was Taylor Swift.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...