What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

31 minutes ago, curiouscat said:

Oooo what flavours?? 

Some vodka, some gin.

Pear Drop
Rhubarb & Custard
Summer Fruits
Unicorn (candy floss & marshmallow, with glitter!)
Summer Fruits
Raspberry

And just added a candy cane 😁

• Like 1

1. Gave the trolley an MOT - passed.
  2. Erected and swept out/waterproofed the tent.
  3. Checked over the rucksacks (one needed a seem stitching).
  4. Cleaned the folding campchairs and coolbox.
  5. Bought some more ratchet straps (lost the old ones) and an unused tarp in case it rains in the queue.
  6. Did a  4.5 mile hike.

I'm fucked now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Charliehmiller said:

Did a little trial tent set up, and glad i did as one of the poles had split so spent the afternoon replacing one of the pole sections. 

So glad i didnt discover that when opening my Tent at glasto. 

I always carry some gaffer tape and cable ties for any such eventuality.

Smaller vango tents also come with a handy metal sleeve for a temporary repair of a snapped pole.

Been away Thurs to today, so much to catch up on! Everyone's prep is coming along nicely!

I managed a good 16k step amount Fri and 21k on Saturday, so that's leaving me in good stead for the farm I hope. Not sure what's normal, but I think I remember seeing people racked up 25k+ on here, so not far off. See how it goes.

Also, caught up on the Park line-up and, to a lesser extent..., the Kidz Field poster...!

41 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:
  1. Gave the trolley an MOT - passed.
  2. Erected and swept out/waterproofed the tent.
  3. Checked over the rucksacks (one needed a seem stitching).
  4. Cleaned the folding campchairs and coolbox.
  5. Bought some more ratchet straps (lost the old ones) and an unused tarp in case it rains in the queue.
  6. Did a  4.5 mile hike.

I'm fucked now.

time to check the beers still work i reckon mate

• Upvote 1

After spending the day concocting alcohol, I’m now quality testing the canned stuff and getting ready for the Foos stream…bad news, I can’t quite reach a verdict on the Brothers cans, so going to have to test a few more. Would hate to let a bad one though! 😂

Just now, theciderviking said:

After spending the day concocting alcohol, I’m now quality testing the canned stuff and getting ready for the Foos stream…bad news, I can’t quite reach a verdict on the Brothers cans, so going to have to test a few more. Would hate to let a bad one though! 😂

You can never check results too much. Be scientific. 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, theciderviking said:

Some vodka, some gin.

Pear Drop
Rhubarb & Custard

Summer Fruits
Unicorn (candy floss & marshmallow, with glitter!)
Summer Fruits
Raspberry

And just added a candy cane 😁

Made these last year, 2 of the best I've made.

Will do the same again, plus skittles, potentially cola cube and some kind of sour sweet (for a friend who likes Tangfastics!). 

put the tent up yesterday and gave the seams a waterproof and a clean.

Also remembered that my Mrs. is completely and totally incapable of putting up a tent..... has been 7 years since we last did a camping festival together. Glad that her dad will be on hand to assist.

We have a 6-man that we're bringing as we're in campervan field with a small van we're converting into a CV temporarily for her dad by fitting a bed and a sink in to comply. The 6 man will serve as our home for a week and storage for all our gumph.

Over the next week or 2 will source all beers and start premixing spirit drinks to freeze down ready for the preparations 😄

10 hours ago, nikkic said:

Made these last year, 2 of the best I've made.

Will do the same again, plus skittles, potentially cola cube and some kind of sour sweet (for a friend who likes Tangfastics!). 

Ooh cola cube, now that's a shout! 

Off to the shops I go 😂

Put up the new tent and drank some cocktails in a can. Also bought a collapsible bowl for washing my hair in during the festival (not for weeing in), as a morning hangover cure. 
Check out the perfect ground and perfect festival weather here in Glastonbury town today! 🍃 

IMG_2535.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Mentioned on the forum before that I can no longer manage getting undressed in my small tent, found this to my cost in 2022, when following the agony of wriggling out of shorts and into a sleeping bag, I swore never again.

Have purchased a new tent, one I can stand up in, which arrived yesterday. Just had my first trial run putting it up on my own, and am delighted. It’s a Quechua Arpenez 4.1, and I could perform yoga in it if I chose to. Or readily swing cats. (Note: no animals were harmed in the erection of this tent).