What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Planned our Wednesday pub crawl. There's 5 on it, pint in each is the plan. Entering PGC from campervan fields. Plan is to dooter around a good bit of the site and end up in Avalon, shoot across to the sign from there. 

1. Cockmill 

2. Cider Bus

3. Beat Hotel

4. Spike Bar

5. Avalon Inn

Do the job? 

Decided that my tent days are over and purchased myself a T4. The interior needs some work but it does have a brand new full width rock and roll VW bed! 
9A6027DA-6540-4618-A2F6-85E78E166ADF.thumb.jpeg.e1a7f767f9d28364c00761490e776fc3.jpeg89AAB8ED-FCD1-432C-B7C1-D6AF793D2030.thumb.jpeg.2c48da7f74a8dcc72577024f69020a08.jpeg

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Bods670 said:

Put up the new tent and drank some cocktails in a can. Also bought a collapsible bowl for washing my hair in during the festival (not for weeing in), as a morning hangover cure. 
Check out the perfect ground and perfect festival weather here in Glastonbury town today! 🍃 

IMG_2535.jpeg

How did it go putting the tent down again after the cocktails? 😄

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Nice! Campervan ticket purchased? 

I'm working with Oxfam.

14 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

That is sweet @stuie 😎

Thanks!  Not sure I can afford to run 2 vehicles but you only live once. 

My car may have to go 🙂

13 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Please put a red stripe down the side

a-team-495x330.jpg

My friend said this... also a big fat gold chain and vest 🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The cocktails were good then! 😅

Usually a Guinness drinker but not really a fan of festival temperature can! Trying out the different canned cocktails as they’re just about bearable at tent temp! What’s your poison?

1 minute ago, Bods670 said:

Usually a Guinness drinker but not really a fan of festival temperature can! Trying out the different canned cocktails as they’re just about bearable at tent temp! What’s your poison?

I do like a canned cocktail as well. I'll likely decant a decent bottle of rum for supping on during headliners so I don't need to keep going to the loos and losing my place/missing songs etc. Then a few cold ciders to keep me happy during the day.

Someone suggested popping some rum into one of the proper milkshakes you can find on site too, which sounds nice for brunch time 😄 

25 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I do like a canned cocktail as well. I'll likely decant a decent bottle of rum for supping on during headliners so I don't need to keep going to the loos and losing my place/missing songs etc. Then a few cold ciders to keep me happy during the day.

Someone suggested popping some rum into one of the proper milkshakes you can find on site too, which sounds nice for brunch time 😄 

Oh my! I’m sold on that! Spiced rum in a milkshake will be tested. Will report back! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, stuie said:

Decided that my tent days are over and purchased myself a T4. The interior needs some work but it does have a brand new full width rock and roll VW bed! 

The fairylights and pompom curtains gets the thumbs up from me! 🤣 Hope they're staying! 

2 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

The fairylights and pompom curtains gets the thumbs up from me! 🤣 Hope they're staying! 

Sadly both the fairy lights and the curtains went tonight! 😂 I actually liked the curtains but it’s essential that they were replaced with blackout ones!