What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Tent put up yesterday. It's brand new but the gf put the thought in to my head what if it's broken when we get there 🙄.

Dug out the chairs from the shed. Found this guy in mine. Might need to go and buy a new chair as it's his now.

IMG_5721.thumb.JPG.55bdab46926462bf0e12ca3d1f5a9941.JPG

Edited by D-Low

25 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Tent put up yesterday. It's brand new but the gf put the thought in to my head what if it's broken when we get there 🙄.

Dug out the chairs from the shed. Found this guy in mine. Might need to go and buy a new chair as it's his now.

IMG_5721.thumb.JPG.55bdab46926462bf0e12ca3d1f5a9941.JPG

False Widow? 

Made a random decision and bought my Glastonbury beer this morning while on my way to work. An 8 pack of mixed Brewdog IPAs for £10. I won't need much more to drink than that. And then it turns out that today has been full of Glastonbury news. It's been a good day! 

Clashfinder.

Bought some new Loop experience plus earplugs to help my little ears - could not believe how much of a difference it makes to live music. Still can hear everything just a bit quieter so when you eventually make it on your way back home / to the tent, no ringing!!! Discount here

Nice factor 50+ sun cream by ultrasun.  

Stupid/fun glasses and attire for Elton/future festival times.

MOTH cocktails. £10 off here

Half of holland and barrett to help stave off illness before hand and during. As well as electrolytes for rehydration, magnesium, vitamin e, nac, coq10, alcar, ginger and 5HTP for a few days after the festival. Helps you keep going after unsavoury night time activities and makes you feel great if you don't partake and are just a bit tired/boozed out. 

2 light camping chairs - sick of not having any. 

Chupa chups and gum to help the old jaw. 

Emergency graze bars for in the morning. 

7 hours ago, March Hare said:

Hastily learning Royal Blood lyrics and practicing clapping when their songs start. We are in this together everyone 

🤣🤣🤣

I actually quite like a lot of Royal Blood songs and my son likes them too. Easy catchy rock with repeating riffs. Disappointed to see their behaviour at Big Weekend but still got lots of friends who reckon they're good live 🤷🏼‍♀️ We'll be there and will try our best not to offend them  lol

40 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

🤣🤣🤣

I actually quite like a lot of Royal Blood songs and my son likes them too. Easy catchy rock with repeating riffs. Disappointed to see their behaviour at Big Weekend but still got lots of friends who reckon they're good live 🤷🏼‍♀️ We'll be there and will try our best not to offend them  lol

Their set in ‘17 was one of the stand out ones for the whole festival. I hadn’t heard them before (luckily I was out of sight 😂)

Did a list of bits & bobs last night, like sanitiser, tissues, suncream, acid reflux tablets etc.  Just been shopping to buy them all. Now sat in the utility room with the booze stash.

Mrs 4AM wants to start packing now we've checked the tent/gear and bought what we need etc.  I've told her to stop being ridiculous.  It's 3 weeks away. 🙄

Need a couple of other things but struggling to find them - even on Shamazon.  Plastic camping mirror (ours went missing last year - suspicious....) and pouches of frozen cocktails.  Going to check Decathlon/Aldi respectively but any suggestions welcome.

23 hours ago, GlastoSlug95 said:

Clashfinder.

Bought some new Loop experience plus earplugs to help my little ears - could not believe how much of a difference it makes to live music. Still can hear everything just a bit quieter so when you eventually make it on your way back home / to the tent, no ringing!!! Discount here

Nice factor 50+ sun cream by ultrasun.  

Stupid/fun glasses and attire for Elton/future festival times.

MOTH cocktails. £10 off here

Half of holland and barrett to help stave off illness before hand and during. As well as electrolytes for rehydration, magnesium, vitamin e, nac, coq10, alcar, ginger and 5HTP for a few days after the festival. Helps you keep going after unsavoury night time activities and makes you feel great if you don't partake and are just a bit tired/boozed out. 

2 light camping chairs - sick of not having any. 

Chupa chups and gum to help the old jaw. 

Emergency graze bars for in the morning. 

Thanks for the code GlastoSlug95! 12 espresso moth cocktails ordered for £29. Perfect for a wee pick me up early doors each day. 

10 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Did a list of bits & bobs last night, like sanitiser, tissues, suncream, acid reflux tablets etc.  Just been shopping to buy them all. Now sat in the utility room with the booze stash.

Mrs 4AM wants to start packing now we've checked the tent/gear and bought what we need etc.  I've told her to stop being ridiculous.  It's 3 weeks away. 🙄

Need a couple of other things but struggling to find them - even on Shamazon.  Plastic camping mirror (ours went missing last year - suspicious....) and pouches of frozen cocktails.  Going to check Decathlon/Aldi respectively but any suggestions welcome.

I had this one last year- (mirror) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acrylic-Irregular-Frameless-Decorative-Bedroom/dp/B09N34FY71/ref=sr_1_21_sspa?crid=2I1H9FI0W49HB&keywords=plastic+mirror&qid=1685563337&sprefix=plastic+mirror%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-21-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&psc=1

12 minutes ago, prog seller said:

Cheers for that.  Mrs 4AM approves (I don't need to see the state I'm in those 5 days).  Sorted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Iceland do them £1 pouch they are quite nice 

https://www.iceland.co.uk/p/shuda-pina-colada-pineapple-and-coconut-flavour-alcoholic-mix-250ml/87036.html?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Iceland+|+Generic+|+Performance+Max+|+Drinks&utm_term=&utm_content=&source=ppc&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4NujBhC5ARIsAF4Iv6dimZFmG8boRLitbQHtuWQ8aOwe09Iva8Zi_zRZqVT8nQBtdwzNgx4aAjQJEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

7 minutes ago, Traci said:

No problem

Aldi and Home Bargains do them too , but I think these ones are slightly better 

just wish I was in a campervan so I could participate too 😀

Not in a camper.  But we take an Igloo coolbox that works well over the first 3-4 days if everything is chilled and there's some ice in it.  We thought frozen cocktails would make good/useful additions to keeping it cold with no wasted space.

8 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Not in a camper.  But we take an Igloo coolbox that works well over the first 3-4 days if everything is chilled and there's some ice in it.  We thought frozen cocktails would make good/useful additions to keeping it cold with no wasted space.

Good idea! I might just steal that one 

Booked the Monday before off. I don’t know what planet I was on when I thought oh I’ll work the Monday, get my sh*t together and go down Tuesday. I’ll be neither use nor ornament to anyone that day, feeling quite distracted and very useless this week and it’s not going to get better from here.

mmm... well, due to train strikes and sickness it looks like i may very well be the only one in the office today...

so its not what have i DONE to get ready... but what will i DO to get ready!

its looking like another one of those FESTIVAL 1 - WORK 0 type days...