LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm always a little surprised that in this new drip feed of posters that Other and Pyramid don't get their own one. Every other half decently sized area gets one, and altho I get it that the Other and Pyramid are so big with such massive names, they don't really need presenting so to say and a lot already appeared on the main poster, I think it would just be cool anyway. It would show them more as a curated area - to have more character, than simply everyone knowing they're the biggest two stages/fields.

After Lana Del Ray kicked off about her original poster billing, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a poster for the Other stage this year 

1 hour ago, Gwladboy said:

I saw them in Glade, which was wonderful and also in a castle in South Wales, they do seem to get some great venues.

My mate went to Warsaw to see them in a small underground venue and when Spitfire started all the Poles went mental.

Such a great band live, everyone leaves with a smile!

Spitfire/War Room EP tour was the first time I caught them at The Fleece, Bristol.
Then their first Glastonbury at William's Green (RIP) 
Also lucky enough to meet them at Fopp Records for a tiny gig to promote Race for Space.
They told me how emotional the William's Green gig was for them, the crowd spilled out of the tent. 

Colston Hall, West Holts & O2 Academy too. Apologies for the self indulgence! 
I did however miss the The Glade gig, odd as Glade & William's Green have always been my fav stages.

PSB.jpg

Count me in for the PSB love in.  2015 in the Glade is probably a top 5 Glasto performance for me.  Enhanced further by the fact I was in the sweet spot having dropped earlier.  Had the time of my fucking life.

It's a big ask, but could we stop eulogising the PSB 2015 Glade set?

Not for me, just for a mate of mine* who made a poor choice not to see them and has been dealing with the regret for almost 8 years. Thanks.

*you wouldn't know him, he goes to a different school.

21 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not for me, just for a mate of mine* who made a poor choice not to see them and has been dealing with the regret for almost 8 years. Thanks.

Clash regret sucks.  We picked Prodigy over Blur in 2009.  Mistaaaaaaake!!!  Still haunts me to this day.

30 minutes ago, Quark said:

Your friend missed out, it was blinding, sorry

image.thumb.png.06dbc47e7361ee05cffcc3f853208f7e.png

24 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

no way - Prodigy in 2009 was one of the best things i EVER saw at the festival! 

Not saying Proj were bad.  But there were people walking away from the Blur set moved to tears.  Mates of mine who were there still talk about it to this day.  I suspect mainly to rub it in.  Yes - they are cnuts.

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Not saying Proj were bad.  But there were people walking away from the Blur set moved to tears.  Mates of mine who were there still talk about it to this day.  I suspect mainly to rub it in.  Yes - they are cnuts.

Just to defend your mates 😉 

Blur were magnificent that night. Seen them a shed load of times but that night was incredible. Probably one of the best festival performances I've ever seen. Magical night

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Weird cos I was at the Prodigy. Half my group went to Blur and sacked them off. They'd gone on about how crap they were... then all we read online were people saying they were amazing!!

Sometimes depends on where you are in the crowd, I struggle to get fully engaged sometimes if my spot isn’t good 🤷‍♂️ 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

It was our first glasto and it was that night, while crying, I fell in love with the place. Never missed one since. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nerraw2525 said:

Just to defend your mates 😉 

Blur were magnificent that night. Seen them a shed load of times but that night was incredible. Probably one of the best festival performances I've ever seen. Magical night

Yeah.  I get that a lot. 😞

22 minutes ago, stuie said:

It was our first glasto and it was that night, while crying, I fell in love with the place. Never missed one since. 

It was our first one too.  I think the moment it got it's hooks in me was Saturday night in Shangri-La, back when it was hidden doors, micro venues and all super weird.  I miss the super weird, but still love the festival.

2 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

It’s great that Pilton Palais is there for those who want it, but never been. With so much live music on I’d rather watch any band than even a great movie at Glastonbury. 

I think if you've been there since the Wednesday, the festival can occasionally get a little overwhelming with all the crowds and walking between stages, so it's a good place to escape. Also it's great just to get some shade if it's hot!