LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

7 hours ago, sfroml said:

Never heard of Ben until yesterday when their live album was recommended via Twitter. Sounds incredible!

This is the first set I listened to that got me hooked.

Also did one for amazon music which was great too. Great addition to the lineup for me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Massive Beans fan here. I am sure he will show up more than once although Avalon is likely to be biggest. No doubt be on Greenpeace and maybe bandstand again

Greenpeace was rammed last year for Beans. We ended up balanced precariously on a ledge next to that big chute thing. And it was bloody hot! 

Now we've had a couple of announcements I've been thinking about acts I would have expected to see at the festival this year who are yet to appear.  I was certain Gaz Coombes and The Beths would pop up and both feel a good fit for The Park.  In fact, The Park announcement is the one I'm most anticipating if I'm honest.

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That's two big announcements in the last two days. Three if you count the resale info. Are they trying to drum up interest ahead of the resale? Perhaps indicates there's more in the pot than usual. Might have another one of two releases by next Thursday if it's true.

Potentially a good point. Whilst we know they will still sell out easily we know they don't take it for granted so maybe they just want to make absolutely sure. Not that they will struggle but still.

11 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Potentially a good point. Whilst we know they will still sell out easily we know they don't take it for granted so maybe they just want to make absolutely sure. Not that they will struggle but still.

It'll def still sell out, there's no question about that, but with all the cost of living, all the negativity about people disliking the line-up so far and spreading the hashtag #GlastoBudget etc, maybe they're trying to placate said negativity. All theoretical of course, could be absolute BS on my part.

14 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That's two big announcements in the last two days. Three if you count the resale info. Are they trying to drum up interest ahead of the resale? Perhaps indicates there's more in the pot than usual. Might have another one of two releases by next Thursday if it's true.

Both were virtually the same dates last year so I think they are completely independent of the resale.

The way the raffle sold should be an indication that demand is still very high and the resale will be gone as fast as the See servers allow.

2 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Both were virtually the same dates last year so I think they are completely independent of the resale.

The way the raffle sold should be an indication that demand is still very high and the resale will be gone as fast as the See servers allow.

Think I'm probably just trying to talk up my chances, haha.

42 minutes ago, gfa said:

side note - can't remember who to tag from the thingy but has there ever been an area announcement between the two resales ie the friday? or like the same day as resale

Yes, Avalon in 2017 and Kidzfield in 2019.

1 minute ago, William Mann said:

Really hoping for Paolo Nutini… is certainly possible with his tour dates…. An nice glasto gap. 

62ED9FE5-2BAE-4307-86F4-155FF13917A4.png

Would be kind of strange if he wasn’t there given he only did that piddly secret set last year. Hard to gage exactly what type of slot he’d get though - fourth down Pyramid maybe. 

2 hours ago, William Mann said:

Either that or other stage. 

Unusual for someone to play a secret set and then not appear the following year. He is playing a huge tour. Saw him in October, superb live. I’d put him on the pyramid late afternoon after subbing the Other in 2014. He is no bigger but a household name