LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

9 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I made my feelings about Primavera really clear in the Primavera thread, but yeah I was really disappointed. It was my first time and the issues on the first day with water and beer queues were insane. We also got stuck in a scary crush, the Bits area was criminally underused (so bad planning in terms of scheduling) and despite queuing for over two hours on one occasion didn't make it into any ciudad gigs. I'd heard such good things about it over the years but, organisational issues aside, I also found it completely sterile, corporate and lacking in atmosphere.

Musically we saw some great things but I wouldn't bother again. It's like APE but in Spain. Made me desperate to get back to Glastonbury, to be honest.

Wow, that's quite scathing and pretty much the opposite of our experience. From much of what you're suggesting, sounds like you were at weekend one? Totally agree with you on the atmosphere point, though. It was sterile in that sense, most people keeping themselves to themselves, very little interaction. Maybe that's typical of a city-based festival, the more I think about it? The antithesis of Glastonbury.

Every time I encounter poor infrastructure at a festival, I'm always reminded about how flawless Glastonbury's organisation usually is in many ways. 

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Wow, that's quite scathing and pretty much the opposite of our experience. From much of what you're suggesting, sounds like you were at weekend one? Totally agree with you on the atmosphere point, though. It was sterile in that sense, most people keeping themselves to themselves, very little interaction. Maybe that's typical of a city-based festival, the more I think about it? The antithesis of Glastonbury.

Every time I encounter poor infrastructure at a festival, I'm always reminded about how flawless Glastonbury's organisation usually is in many ways. 

Weekend one for us also. The first day was embarrassingly bad but they seemed to step things up at least a littleafter that. Still not considering going back with how much you need to spend on flights and a hotel, amazing lineup but you can get amazing lineups around the world. 

8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

For me it just lacked anything apart from the music. None of the stages had any of their own character or vibe. I felt like I was in a car park!

And yeah I was at weekend one. Started my day in a frightening crush and bundle for Auditori and spent most of the rest it either queuing for drinks or not drinking anything.

It could be a city festival thing on the vibe front. It felt most like APE of anything I've been to. I worried booking it that I wouldn't get that feeling of being in my own little world for a few days, which we definitely didn't. It was good to do something in a year I didn't have Glastonbury tickets and we saw some great music, but certainly won't be back.

7 hours ago, BenG92 said:

amazing lineup but you can get amazing lineups around the world

I echo the comment above that you can attend good line ups all over Europe but Primavera Sound gets truly special stuff - not many festivals had any of Einsturzende Neubaten, Autechre, The Armed, Low, Pavement, Mogwai, Bauhaus Earl Sweatshirt, Napalm Death, Mavis Staples and The Caretaker. Let alone all on the same bill and also with Gorillaz, Little Simz, Dua Lipa, Fontaines DC, Nick Cave, Tyler The Creator, Mogwai, The National, Caribou, Tame Impala among the top acts. The general audio quality also remains sublime. 

And the above acts were just weekend one!

32 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I echo the comment above that you can attend good line ups all over Europe but Primavera Sound gets truly special stuff - not many festivals had any of Einsturzende Neubaten, Autechre, The Armed, Low, Pavement, Mogwai, Bauhaus Earl Sweatshirt, Napalm Death, Mavis Staples and The Caretaker. Let alone all on the same bill and also with Gorillaz, Little Simz, Dua Lipa, Fontaines DC, Nick Cave, Tyler The Creator, Mogwai, The National, Caribou, Tame Impala among the top acts. The general audio quality also remains sublime. 

And the above acts were just weekend one!

I actually found the audio a bit poor at the main stage in places, particularly in Cave's set. It was pretty good elsewhere, though.

12 hours ago, CiaranMc said:

That’s about as confirmed as I need! Is AM, Elton, GNR not a bit cock heavy? There might be hope yet…

edit: people have prob been fighting all day over just this point, have they?

That and whether the fest would give all three top slots to very established, ageing acts.

12 hours ago, CiaranMc said:

That’s about as confirmed as I need! Is AM, Elton, GNR not a bit cock heavy? There might be hope yet…

edit: people have prob been fighting all day over just this point, have they?

Yep. But its not very difficult for the Eavii to get back into their old habits. They went safe and familiar. 

I am personally happy with those 3 in the sense that I won't be tempted to go to the pyramid as a FOMO and can fully enjoy whichever artists will play at the same time and that I am truly excited about seeing, or heading to the SE corner or a cheeky Circus headliner.

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They can only play the cards they've been dealt. Safe and familiar would have been bringing in Muse / Foals / Biffy / Liam type acts.

This!

Just now, Pinhead said:

It's amazing how quickly it's being mis-reported.

"Final UK show of the Final tour" is being widely mis-reported as "Last UK show ever", and I'm sure it's only a matter of time until someone says "last show ever".

He did make it clear before the tour even started that "final tour" meant just that - and he might still play shows afterwards outside of a tour

12 minutes ago, incident said:

It's amazing how quickly it's being mis-reported.

"Final UK show of the Final tour" is being widely mis-reported as "Last UK show ever", and I'm sure it's only a matter of time until someone says "last show ever".

He did make it clear before the tour even started that "final tour" meant just that - and he might still play shows afterwards outside of a tour

Am I the only one who doesn't believe this is his final tour? Every tour is your final tour until your next one 😁