2023 legend slot

ProperTea

8 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

A few have mentioned, including me, as he has so many hits and is brilliant live with a great rapport, but he was dismissed by the cool kids in the playground. Duran Duran are cool though apparently. Keep up 😉

I think it's the not being this side of the world either side of his GSH - definitely would be an interesting choice if it is him - as it doesn't seem the done thing at the moment to fly someone over just for a Glastonbury set.  So there kinda (for me) needs to be extra things added to his diary that he's already lined up in Europe in and around that week.  He's probably, despite that, one of the front runners at the moment to be fair (e.g. more likely than spice girls / Sting).

14 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Yeah, I can't help but feel there's a reason for the total silence, normally we have some solid rumours by now at least?! Maybe it's a huge booking and it's top top secret OR they really are struggling

Think this is more likely.  Probably going to be a slightly underwhelming act compared to recent history 

1 hour ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Think this is more likely.  Probably going to be a slightly underwhelming act compared to recent history 

Yeah - Or a third possibility I guess is that they're gonna curveball it to try and ease the burden of booking these sort of acts in the future.

There must be a shrinking pool of available, touring and suitably sized heritage acts, at some point you have to go with an artist from an earlier decade or change how that slot functions entirely.

7 hours ago, leath02 said:

We're talking about the stage which used to be called 'Jazz World', which according to Mr Eavis, will be the place to hear "global future roots music" 

That self proclaims to "showcases an outernational selection of future roots music. From afro grooves to hip hop, reggae to techno, this is the stage for people who know that bass is the place"

Yeah pretty sure Razorlight fall into at least zero of these categories 

Thanks for the history lesson.

He did say he wasn’t 100% on Razorlight. Regardless, I still hope he’s right. 

40 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

The guy literally said as part of his "leak" that he really wasn't sure on stage placements at all. 

Razorlight on WH is not the reason to not believe it. You should not believe it because it's just not believable. 

Maybe it's just me but if I had advanced sight of the lineup and couldn't quite remember exact placements, rather than whack Razorlight in as West Holts headliner and put Iggy Pop on a day that he objectively cannot do, I would simply list artists I had seen on the poster and say "pretty sure these are all playing"

For me they overegged it, and it was pure backpedalling the moment it came up against any minor scrutiny. Total bollocks IMO.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah. The WH headline slot is premium real estate.  Loads of folk use it as a refuge if the Other and El Pointo are looking chronic.

If The Pyramid doesn’t have an ace up it’s sleeve, it’s the next best place to be. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah. The WH headline slot is premium real estate.  Loads of folk use it as a refuge if the Other and El Pointo are looking chronic.

By far the best of the big stages, with consistently the best line up, has been since the 90's (whatever it's been called), best crowd.

It's not for the likes of Razorlight

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

By far the best of the big stages, with consistently the best line up, has been since the 90's (whatever it's been called), best crowd.

It's not for the likes of Razorlight

Cannot disagree with you or @CaledonianGonzoin the slightest - OP said he maybe wrong with Razorlights location and I’m very happy with that.

*please don’t think I’m fully behind their predictions either btw

Edited by Jack The Stripper