2023 legend slot

ProperTea

33 minutes ago, Pear_Cider said:

Regardless of clashes, if Cat Stevens is playing anywhere on the farm that weekend, I'm there with bells on!

We would be the same, missed him when he had to cancel a Glasgow gig a few years ago because of the lockdown. Has to be on the other or preferably the pyramid. 

Cat Stevens will be great, and I’ll almost certainly be there, but I’d put him alongside Art Garfunkel in terms of stature (thankfully without the daft poetry nonsense) and I think he was far better off headlining the acoustic than getting lost in the pyramid field. But yknow, it ain’t my festival, I’m not curating it! 

53 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Cat Stevens will be great, and I’ll almost certainly be there, but I’d put him alongside Art Garfunkel in terms of stature (thankfully without the daft poetry nonsense) and I think he was far better off headlining the acoustic than getting lost in the pyramid field. But yknow, it ain’t my festival, I’m not curating it! 

Agree with this, I really enjoyed Art Garfunkel in spite of the poetry (apart from the tone deaf oaf in front of me shouting out all the lyrics… ). The acoustic was right for him. Let’s hope for special guest

17 minutes ago, Wald said:

Think we need to put the brakes on people calling for Johnny Cash for the legends slot. A quick google will tell you he's no longer with us and hasn't been for some time - please at least carry out the most basic research 🙄

Trolling effort D- 

Must do better 

• Like 3

On 2/26/2023 at 5:01 PM, Justiceforcedave said:

Yusuf has form for guests. This one ain't happening for obvious reasons, but I reckon we might get a cheeky duet of some kind.

God I miss Chris Cornell.  That voice just gives me shivers.  Such a great loss.

On Yusuf/Cat Stevens, I can think of 5/6 songs I know and like.  Toss up between Wild World and First Cut for favourite.  Assuming no major clashtastrophes, I think it would be a great - if slightly more chilled out - singalong.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I wonder what the security flashmob would be for "No More Lockdown" and "Born to Be Free"?

He played Dublin last night and played an entire gig of new unreleased material. All trad/blues kinda stuff but none of his hits.

Actually looked pretty good.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/van-morrison/2023/3olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-3bbad834.html

42 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

God I miss Chris Cornell.  That voice just gives me shivers.  Such a great loss.

On Yusuf/Cat Stevens, I can think of 5/6 songs I know and like.  Toss up between Wild World and First Cut for favourite.  Assuming no major Cat-astrophes, I think it would be a great - if slightly more chilled out - singalong.

Fixed it 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 1:30 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Jeff Lynne was my first proper Glasto Moment at my first Glastonbury in '16. Weather was awful, but the rain briefly cleared on Livin' Thing and I thought I never wanted to leave that corner of the world.

Yes I might be in the minority but I enjoyed them as well, I never wanted to leave the shelter of the pyramid tree after managing to get a spot under it😉😊

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes I might be in the minority but I enjoyed them as well, I never wanted to leave the shelter of the pyramid tree after managing to get a spot under it😉😊

I loved the ELO spot too, but yeah there's plenty here would rather have been watching the paint dry on the cow-sheds!

1 hour ago, billum said:

I loved the ELO spot too, but yeah there's plenty here would rather have been watching the paint dry on the cow-sheds!

At the same time, one of the most criminally under attended gigs in Glastos history was going on as Patty Griffin played to about 50 people in the Acoustic tent. 

54 minutes ago, The Nal said:

At the same time, one of the most criminally under attended gigs in Glastos history was going on as Patty Griffin played to about 50 people in the Acoustic tent. 

Must be a real kick in the teeth, "you're playing Glastonbury, erm... at the same time as the Legend slot".

I've been in a few sparsely populated tents while that's going on, at least the people there really want to be there.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Must be a real kick in the teeth, "you're playing Glastonbury, erm... at the same time as the Legend slot".

I've been in a few sparsely populated tents while that's going on, at least the people there really want to be there.

This was the most empty Ive seen anywhere. It wouldve been a small crowd at the bandstand.

She was great though.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Any chance you were at Lucinda Wiliams? I think she made a tongue in cheek comment about that and Mumford and Sons...

11 minutes ago, moogster said:

Any chance you were at Lucinda Wiliams? I think she made a tongue in cheek comment about that and Mumford and Sons...

I wasn't sadly, the one that stands out to me is North Mississippi Allstars in Avalon while Dolly was on. Not too empty, but more than enough room for them to wander round the crowd playing various drums.

It filled up as the gig went on.

P1050618.thumb.JPG.39c58ba2ed9656ba665b4ef0a4c6bf3b.JPG

Edited by Gnomicide