Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Are they not a bit big?

The 1975, Alt-J, Wolf Alice, DMAs have all done it before!

Even Grunge… remember them!

I also vaguely remember catfish being booked for it one year but they cancelled very late on.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I also vaguely remember catfish being booked for it one year but they cancelled very late on.

This doesn't mean a whole lot without the year for context. I think Inhaler would be fine - definitely bigger than Pale Waves and the Big Moon. I would expect them on the main weekend too though, afternoon Other i reckon.

31 minutes ago, gfa said:

This doesn't mean a whole lot without the year for context. I think Inhaler would be fine - definitely bigger than Pale Waves and the Big Moon. I would expect them on the main weekend too though, afternoon Other i reckon.

Yeah does make sense. When I saw Alt-J et al in there it did feel like they’d managed to keep it under wraps much easier. Pretty sure someone leaked it on here - but the crowd wasn’t overfilling the tent.

I reckon because more people are plugged into their phones nowadays it’s genuinely harder to keep things a secret.

24 minutes ago, Divein said:

I still think one of those WG slots will be Sports Team, plus a female led band. 

wWould be ace if it was Self Esteem but she might be too big. 

For Thursday night? Probably a fine shout. Definitely not too big. They had The 1975 do it the weekend they were mid-Pyramid.

edit: Just seen everyone already pointed that out. But yeah, not many acts will be too big for it.

Edited by dentalplan

3 hours ago, Green Croc said:

We can rule Courtney Barnett playing on Friday as she's at La Magnifique Society in France that day

Courtney Barnet’s Sunday. She put out a poster of her tour dates a while before the Glasto announcement and it had Glasto down for the 26th. She then replaced it with another tour poster that didn’t have Glasto on it, iirc.

30 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

As is Emma-Jean Thackray, so she’s another for the not Friday list.

Sick, cheers.

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Early Other for Selfie and the lads I'd expect.

I thought they’d be better later on in JP, all the videos I’ve seen of her in tents at festivals look and sound amazing. 

Plus I want to be a bit more drunk so I’ll have no problems  singing songs that are meant to make me feel uncomfortable. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Catfish were due to play WG in 2015 but they all had bowel problems and had to pull it!