Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

Maybe I am being optimistic but I think Fontaines will be 3rd down or subbing the Park. They won't care where they are on the lineup. IDLES were 3rd down in 2019. 

So the Kendrick vs Bicep vs Fontaines   may not happen (I definitely hope not)

They may be bumped up to Other (hope not) or even JP (although they played there early in 2019 as a replacement for someone). 

My bet. Park Sub either Friday or Sunday

6 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Are we still thinking there’s a chance of Phoebe Bridgers playing twice or have we gone off that idea? Given how well her tour sold and her tour dates I’m just expecting one big slot on Saturday.

Yeah I think she’ll be on Other Saturday. Can see her having the Friday off. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Perhaps as well some people think there’s no guitar headliner on the Sunday … so Fontaines headlining park would give one. (Noting we didn’t have a guitar headliner really on Sunday 2017 either).

If they are headling the park on Sunday they wouldn't clash with Kendrick or at least not for long as the Park headliner on Sunday finishes a lot earlier. 

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

And that’s unheard of!

Not saying that at all. Just seems more logical to book the tour so they’re broken up into smaller chunks. 

Obviously she could play the Friday and have Saturday off but I feel like that wouldn’t be the first choice. 

9 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Not saying that at all. Just seems more logical to book the tour so they’re broken up into smaller chunks. 

Obviously she could play the Friday and have Saturday off but I feel like that wouldn’t be the first choice. 

That was a joke about the song Four Out of Five by the band Arctic Monkeys. You should check it out!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

If they are headling the park on Sunday they wouldn't clash with Kendrick or at least not for long as the Park headliner on Sunday finishes a lot earlier. 

When Ryan Adams (I know we don’t talk about him now…) headlined, that wasn’t the case.

10 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Getting Charlie Nicholas specsavers vibes from this

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

When Ryan Adams (I know we don’t talk about him now…) headlined, that wasn’t the case.

It's finished early for about 5 years now and I thought that was a condition of the license. I'm sure the first year it happened lots of people went down expecting  secret set and were disappointed. 

40 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It's finished early for about 5 years now and I thought that was a condition of the license. I'm sure the first year it happened lots of people went down expecting  secret set and were disappointed. 

Proud to say I was there waiting for Daft Punk with thousands of others. Someone came on stage to tell us nobody else was playing but we weren’t falling for that!

2 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Proud to say I was there waiting for Daft Punk with thousands of others. Someone came on stage to tell us nobody else was playing but we weren’t falling for that!

As long as you were happy with your choice. 😄 

4 minutes ago, Bradders said:

For the record, it was 2013 when this started happening. Mumford and Sons on the Pyramid that night so we didn’t miss out on much.

According to the published times, Ryan Adams played until 23:45 in 2015.

The licence published around then says that the stage is allowed to continue until midnight, and I don't think those aspects have been amended since, so presumably it's a choice to shut up shop early.

11 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Weirdly it’s happened every year since 2013 except for 2015 (the Ryan Adams year).

Last year Rex Orange County overlapped with the first hour of The Cure’s set, but they did play for 2 hours. I imagine Kendrick will have a 1.5 hour set time (and probably not fill it), so could still end up overlapping with whoever headlines the Park.

Someone has said to me that Megan is playing 4th down pyramid on the Saturday. Cannot verify whether it’s a reliable source.

Reaching out to other people to see whether it can be confirmed.

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Someone has said to me that Megan is playing 4th down pyramid on the Saturday. Cannot verify whether it’s a reliable source.

Didnt you have info that Doja was Pyramid as well? Can't believe its Paolo as I assume they will want a female headliner there somewhere

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If Megan and Doja Cat are on the pyramid I am convinced you have a magic will power

Now will you please start willing for world peace? We've got to set our sights bigger than a music festival line up!

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There goes my hope that Paolo Nutini is going to play in the Aerosmith slot.

I wonder if Paolo is going to be a secret set somewhere during the day. I just can't see him headlining the Other up against McCartney but who knows.