2022 Must Sees

Miyn

24 minutes ago, circus92 said:

1) Must sees - Sigrid / Sam Fender / Wolf Alice / Pet Shop Boys / Kacey Musgraves / Lorde

2) Really want - Diana Ross / Holly Humberstone / Inhaler / Jessie Ware / Haim / Caroline Polachek

3) Would like - Olivia Rodrigo / Bicep / Wet Leg / Noel Gallagher / Foals / Beabadoobee / Griff / Crowded House / Phoebe Bridgers / Khruangbin / Happy Mondays / Charli XCX / Confidence Man / The Jesus and Mary Chain / Doja Cat

4) Maybe – Paul McCartney / Billie Eilish / TLC / Lianne La Havas / Supergrass / Big Thief / Girl in Red / Mitski / The Waterboys / Blossoms / Fatboy

Hoping there is a chance NewDad will be added in - they are playing with Inhaler on Saturday night in Dublin, so hoping they will both be over on the Friday.  In saying that, I would probably struggle to fit them in looking at how stacked it is 😲

Williams Green posted about them on Insta the other day so reckon they'll get booked for in there. 

• Thanks 1

My two non negotiables are Phoebe Bridgers and Diana Ross. I've been lucky enough to have already seen most of the rest I want to see and the ones I haven't seen already I'll be catching at Primavera first. The lineup is still stacked for me, but as long as I see those two I'll be more than happy. 

Must sees  Phoebe Bridgers, Roisin Murphy, Crowded House, Years and Years.

Really want to see Haim, Pet Shop Boys, Self Esteem, Wolf Alice, Charlie XCX, Foals, Wet Leg.

Would like to see Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney, Caroline Polachek, Idles, Skunk Anansie, 

Maybe see Jarv..is, First Aid Kit, At Vincent.. and probably a load more once I’ve done some research into the bands I don’t know too well!

13 hours ago, Quark said:

Have you seen them? And would you recommend live? They're in Brighton at the end of the month, really tempted to get a ticket but there are a few things on so need to pick and choose a bit!

I saw them at Green Man last year and thought they were fab, but I had listened to all their stuff on Spotify and had already become a fan. They will be an absolute must see for me if they're on the farm - loving their latest EP as much as their last.

• Upvote 1

Must See - Diana Ross, Turnstile, Gabriels,  Skunk Anansie

Would like to see -  Phoebe Bridgers, Billie Eilish, Arlo Parks, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Crowded House, Jessie Ware

Might see - Sam Fender, Confidence Man, Elbow, Kacey Musgraves, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Blossoms, Caroline Polachek, Celeste, Herbie Hancock, Supergrass, Primal Scream, Inhaler

On 3/5/2022 at 5:04 PM, gfa said:

Bumping four tet up to a must see. this set is fantastic no idea why i didn't listen earlier

That was a bloody brilliant set.  That and Honey Dijon were the sets of the weekend for me! 

Must see: Paul McCartney, Kendrick Lamar, Yves Tumor, Little Simz (please don't clash with macca 😵)

Would like to see: Four Tet, Jessie Ware, Diana Ross, Lorde, 

Might see: Herbie Hancock, Khruangbin, Roisin Murphy, Squid, St. Vincent, Crowded House 

Right heres the numbers so far then:

1. Macca 21 votes (15, 1, 2, 3) 
2. D Ross 19 Votes (13, 4, 2, 0) 
3. Phoebe Bridgers 18 votes (4, 8, 4, 2)
4. Wolf Alice 17 votes (5, 9, 2, 1)
5. Kendrick Lamar 15 votes (9, 2, 2, 2)
=5 Fontaines DC 15 votes (3, 7, 4, 1)
=5 Wet Leg 15 votes (0, 10, 5, 0)
8.  Lorde 14 votes (3, 6, 4, 1)
=8 Foals 14 votes (2, 7, 5, 0)
=8 Noel Gallagher 14 votes (1, 8, 5, 0)

Very no point post, but you're welcome. 

• Like 1

Diana ross, PSB, Roisin, Herbie Hancock - must sees

would love to see Warmduscher, Waterboys, Primal Scream, Big Thief, Haim, Nightmares on Wax, Bicep, Caribou, Avalanches, Foals and loads more - have a feeling there will also be something on that I'd want to be at

could even be tempted by Sam Fender - I like his war on drugs vibes on latest record.

won't be at: Idles, Wet Leg

5 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Wet Leg liked by all, loved by none

6 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Seems like folk on here are not to excited for Billie Eilish 

7 hours ago, OCarter said:

3 long hours on a coach yesterday and this is what I came up with whilst flicking through my playlist.

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 12.07.14.png

*Whilst watching Haim*

"Is there much to see after this? Let me take a look at the clashfinder, who's on next?"

"Nah mate, there's nothing good on till Macca, we've got like 2 hours to kill"

"Do you wanna go and explore the site then?"

"We've just spent the last few days looking around, I want to watch something"

"So is there nothing else to do at the moment?"

"No. Well, there is Black Midi but we'd really be scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one"

"Fuck it, do you wanna go and watch Black Midi then?"

"Go on then, I guess there's nothing better for us to do"

I find it funny that someone would put them in that category, no hate though. I don't know how many people would put them in the category of "would only see if there's nothing else on", think they're quite marmite usually. I hope to see a few people with camping chairs and picnic blankets just before they're on. There were a few families watching Sons Of Kemet in 2019, not realising what was about to ensue as the Park was filling up for Foals. 

1 hour ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Seems like folk on here are not to excited for Billie Eilish 

Saw her in 2019 and she was just fine.  Not worth burning a Friday night headliner clash to see her again.  Her Coachella set in April will probably be the same as Glasto.  If Coachella makes waves I guess we could reconsider.

Lorde is in the same boat.  She was a great sub in 2017.  Haven't heard good things about her most recent album.  Would watch her again in the afternoon but wouldn't burn a headliner clash.

Looking forward to seeing Four Tet since DW and I both like electronic music and he doesn't tour in the US very often.  We'll also likely see PSB since we've been listening to them since ~1986 but never live.

Will aim to catch Mitski and Olivia Rodrigo because they're both huge yet play small venues, making it hard to see them elsewhere.  Plus I'm not the target demo and would never go to their solo shows.  Angelique Kidjo would be cool since she just covered Remain in Light and it would be great to hear her versions of Talking Heads songs.

Plus we will see many more acts and attractions to be announced, across more than one hundred stages!

Must sees this year?

Kendrick Lamar, Kacey Musgraves, Diana Ross, Caroline Polachek, Phoebe Bridgers, Turnstile

Who would you really like to see?

Jessie Ware, Bonobo, The Avalanches, Four Tet, Mitski, Charli XCX, Self Esteem, Paul McCartney, Pet Shop Boys, Yves Tumor

Who would you like to see clashes permitting? 

Billie Eillish, Amyl & The Sniffers, HAIM, Confidence Man, Courtney Barnett, Little Simz, Lorde, Olivia Rodrigo, Nightmares on Wax, Metronomy, Sigrid, Roisin Murphy, Squid, Supergrass, Wet Leg, Wolf Alice

Who would you be happy to see if nothing else was on? 

Bicep, Cate Le Bon, Clairo, Caribou, Glass Animals, Idles, Dry Cleaning, Doja Cat, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Megan Thee Stallion, Primal Scream

Not a year of must sees for me. Loads of stuff floating around the middle, largely as it’s stuff I’ve seen a lot before or will be seeing this year / have seen recently.