2022 Secret Sets/Special Guests

Hugh Jass

A run down of how may or may not pop up on the farm despite not being on the poster...

Foo Fighters - Gigging Saturday and Monday but free Friday/Sunday. Perhaps not a full band secret set (but can't be ruled out) but I'd be shocked if Sprinty Dave didn't appear over the weekend in some capcity.

Florence and the Machine - Is playing Euro festivals but nothing on the slate for the UK yet (Latitiude?) Seems a strong contender for this year's "secret set with one eye on a bigger slot next year" place.

The 1975 - Rumours of a new album dropping on the Friday of GF and a secret set to launch it.

Mumford and Sons - Well we know they were going to do something in 2020 so maybe they've been asked back? The cancelling of one of the chief banjo botherers might make it less likely.

Chris Martin - It's when and where, not if. Just make your peace with him shuffling on stage during at least one set you're enjoying.

Dr Dre - Just imagine...

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

A run down of how may or may not pop up on the farm despite not being on the poster...

Foo Fighters - Gigging Saturday and Monday but free Friday/Sunday. Perhaps not a full band secret set (but can't be ruled out) but I'd be shocked if Sprinty Dave didn't appear over the weekend in some capcity.

Florence and the Machine - Is playing Euro festivals but nothing on the slate for the UK yet (Latitiude?) Seems a strong contender for this year's "secret set with one eye on a bigger slot next year" place.

The 1975 - Rumours of a new album dropping on the Friday of GF and a secret set to launch it.

Mumford and Sons - Well we know they were going to do something in 2020 so maybe they've been asked back? The cancelling of one of the chief banjo botherers might make it less likely.

Chris Martin - It's when and where, not if. Just make your peace with him shuffling on stage during at least one set you're enjoying.

Dr Dre - Just imagine...

There's a poster???

I think the 1975 rumour came from the 1975's subreddit, and certainly seemed to be from someone in-the-know. I don't even think it was a Glasto rumour as much as a new album rumour, with a Glasto secret set note added to it. Would seem an odd thing to randomly tag on if it weren't true.. But that said, people be weird. 

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think they can only do Friday so I've got them for early JP and then later in the evening WG.

All three I reckon. Lunchtime somewhere - mid afternoon jolly for the radio - evening in WG. 

They're still free on the Sunday but it would be odd for them to go off site to Ireland and then come back. 

3 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I think the 1975 rumour came from the 1975's subreddit, and certainly seemed to be from someone in-the-know. I don't even think it was a Glasto rumour as much as a new album rumour, with a Glasto secret set note added to it. Would seem an odd thing to randomly tag on if it weren't true.. But that said, people be weird. 

Pretty sure the poster was confirmed as some rando rather than someone in the know

1 minute ago, Jack.194 said:

Pretty sure the poster was confirmed as some rando rather than someone in the know

Sorry, that's me not being clear. I meant it was written in a way that came across like that. Of course, that doesn't really mean anything, I just thought it seemed legit. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I think it came from their manager replying to comments on Instagram? Something along the lines of 'Will you be there?' 'Hopefully'

2 minutes ago, George1399 said:

I think it came from their manager replying to comments on Instagram? Something along the lines of 'Will you be there?' 'Hopefully'

There was also a deleted post on their reddit that said something along the lines of: New album on Friday 24th June called The Problem Attic and a secret set on the JP on Glasto Saturday.

Edited by Miyn