The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

Can I be a little controversial here?

The wind on Friday to Sunday, coupled with no rain, would make the dust pretty unpleasant all weekend.

You either want a little bit of rain, or less wind.

Obvs, less wind is the correct answer.

Surely far less unpleasant than piss down rain 🌧? But less wind too would be even better.

I would always take wellies to a festival. With the ground compacted by so many feet it doesn't take much rain to create a quagmire. And there is a good chance of rain over the weekend. 

But the main reason is the toilets. I would never venture into them in anything other than wellies! Not all festival goers are decent folk with good toilet habits. I can never understand people going in flip-flops! 

Oh and I take disposable gloves as well.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Oldie66 said:

I would always take wellies to a festival. With the ground compacted by so many feet it doesn't take much rain to create a quagmire. And there is a good chance of rain over the weekend. 

But the main reason is the toilets. I would never venture into them in anything other than wellies! Not all festival goers are decent folk with good toilet habits. I can never understand people going in flip-flops! 

Oh and I take disposable gloves as well.

Yep, very brave to have an open toe!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, briddj said:

The wind on Friday to Sunday, coupled with no rain, would make the dust pretty unpleasant all weekend.

Less wind solves sound issues but if you didnt pack a bandana or even a scarf then thats on them.

14 minutes ago, briddj said:

Dust? DUST?! 

In all seriousness, the wind can absolutely do one to preserve the sound quality. Nothing worse than being towards the back half of a crowd and hearing the sound swirl from one side to the other.

Just now, AlexOvd said:

I'd love to see other apps/websites flowing up, for now still the same. Last time MetOffice was optimistic (basically yesterday morning) it ended up worse. Hopefully this will be the one 😃

Netweather has Pilton with only showers on Saturday evening, Friday and Sunday dry...