What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

2 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

haha i just like something sturdy to drink with at the campsite and ive already got it.

I scour the charity shops for old pewter tankards. Usually pick em up for a couple of quid. Got a decent selection now. Lighter and sturdier than your Stein.

One is president of Carmarthenshire Yacht Club. I fancy getting into character

14 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Ticked off most of my list of stuff I needed to buy. Some stainless steel cups arrived off Amazon today and they're great. Perfect for spirits, ice and mixer 🙂

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B078H5NKHR?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Also purchased some Travel Johns (though they had a different name, and were a lot cheaper), a light up cheap watch and some Bulleit Bourbon. 

Having already bought my sleeping equipment (camping bed and a 5cm inflatable mattress, for the first time ever as opposed to an airbed on the floor), I am a few more snacks and booze crates away from being able to say I'm officially ready!

Was just about to purchase travel johns but there seems to be a lot of options on amazon for similar products that are cheaper. Which did you go for?

Just now, Justcalledtosay said:

Was just about to purchase travel johns but there seems to be a lot of options on amazon for similar products that are cheaper. Which did you go for?

I saw these too. But they all seem to be smaller, in 'liquidage' 😕 

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

I scour the charity shops for old pewter tankards. Usually pick em up for a couple of quid. Got a decent selection now. Lighter and sturdier than your Stein.

One is president of Carmarthenshire Yacht Club. I fancy getting into character

Just don't drink cider from them. Leak nasties into your body.

Just bought a new SDXC Micro SD card for my camera (I won't be taking my phone). It's a Kingston 64GB for just over £6. Haven't bought an SD card for years. Was surprised by how cheap they are now.

Bought some bright pink sliders for round the campsite, spiced rum and some bottled water (once the water has been drunk, rum will replace it). Reorganised my Glasto pile into food, booze, and a bag of random bits like a headtorch, waterproof trousers, Sunhat etc. 

Just realised it's almost two weeks away - So just getting my back side in gear

- Stuff pulled out the garage - a mouse/rat has been at said stuff... mostly blankets and tent!

Ordered Online - 

Sleeping Mat

Fresh and Black tent

sleeping bag

hydration tablets

Large reusable water bottle

Bought from ASDA - 

Box of stronbow dark fruit

Updated my packing list based on the above

Thankfully a few things knocked off the to do list

Just now, clarkete said:

Made a perfunctory list, merely by copying lay last one and tweaking. 

I use the same list every year, tweaking you say, that's radical 🤔

Tested my new SIM bed which upon initial testing is excellent way better than an airbed. 

Bought some w*nky tinned cocktails and cider to lug in for our group. 

Ordered random toiletries I don't have like not super sticky suncream, mini hand sanitizer, bar of shower gel, energy gel, rennies. 

Edited by GlastoSlug95

18 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Yes I am updating my Glastonbury 2019 Trello board every day. 

Today I ticked quite a few items off the list. Battery checks done. Only one torch broken and decided that we had more than enough anyway. 

Box in garage prepared to start chucking the things we don’t need before the festival into. 

Have bought caprisuns and some juice cartons and have shoved them in the freezer. Tomorrow we’ll start operation get the Colman extreme very cold! 

Took my caravan to Wychwood over the weekend, which always serves as a good checkout and dummy run for Glasto.  Will need a new calor gas bottle and a shelf for the fridge which fell apart over the weekend (the shelf not the fridge).  Other than that it's fine tuning the Wychwood checklist.  One thing I forgot to take was drinking chocolate.  I find a warming mug just before bed settles me down.  The joys of being an old fart!

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Any pointers as to where to get a good Glasto list? Unfortunately I am not as lucky as you to have one from the last time as this is my first.

There must be some good lists somewhere on the internet - anyone any recommendations?

Put up the tent on the little green in front of our house.  New tent - bought it last year and only used it once, so I wanted to do a trial.  Went fine.  The hardest bit is getting it back into the bag.

8 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Put up the tent on the little green in front of our house.  New tent - bought it last year and only used it once, so I wanted to do a trial.  Went fine.  The hardest bit is getting it back into the bag.

Always.  Why don't they just make the bags a tiny bit bigger?

I've done a 7 mile walk with the dog to get my legs/feet used to it.  Need more miles in my legs definitely....

2 hours ago, Kizzie said:

I use the same list every year, tweaking you say, that's radical 🤔

Aye, for years we rented a caravan, due to being saved by the efests resale crew from an uncertain fate I didn't get to rent the van and we're in Sticklinch - so travelling a wee bit lighter this time 🙂

40 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Any pointers as to where to get a good Glasto list? Unfortunately I am not as lucky as you to have one from the last time as this is my first.

There must be some good lists somewhere on the internet - anyone any recommendations?

Yes - there's a link to it in here...

• Thanks 1