All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

I asked this before, but now seeing the set times..

does anyone have any tips for very last minute tickets? I’m only a 10 min walk from the festival and for example on the nick cave day I’d be happy to get in just for the smile and nick cave, so a good few hours after the festival started… same on the national day. And on the tame impala day I just want to see Fred again for cheap 😄 

23 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

I asked this before, but now seeing the set times..

does anyone have any tips for very last minute tickets? I’m only a 10 min walk from the festival and for example on the nick cave day I’d be happy to get in just for the smile and nick cave, so a good few hours after the festival started… same on the national day. And on the tame impala day I just want to see Fred again for cheap 😄 

As far as I know the freebies and cheap tickets before were all sold in the fortnight of, rather than last minute. I think your best bet would be to check Twickets and twitter on the night before or day of for people who have had dropouts.

im sure there’ll be people in the queue trying to handout spares too, but you could be hanging around a bit for them

I’ve bought on the day a few times. Twitter and meeting people outside, or Twickets earlier in the morning. Sometimes I’ve got good bargains (1/2- 2/3s off), sometimes it’s only a tenner or so off face value. Depends how in demand and what the weather is like!

Ive actually not see proper free tickets apart from the BMTH day a few years ago, and that sold especially poorly. I’m not expecting proper free ones for any of these days, but if you keep the days available you are sure to get one under face value by resale. 

Edited by evilduck
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, WalesGolfMadrid said:

Twickets is a good shout, plenty on there at the minute

Wow. I’d not thought to look on there until now. Dozens! None of them will sell if it doesn’t sell out. They’ll be flogging them for 20 quid a pop soon

13 hours ago, Mackem said:

Wow. I’d not thought to look on there until now. Dozens! None of them will sell if it doesn’t sell out. They’ll be flogging them for 20 quid a pop soon

I've seen a lot already there for National day. Which is an interesting one - I like them but don't really know any of the support bill. Even if it dips below £45-50, I could consider it.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I've seen a lot already there for National day. Which is an interesting one - I like them but don't really know any of the support bill. Even if it dips below £45-50, I could consider it.

£45-50 to see the National alone is probably the going rate, no?  Fleet Foxes are also a really good live band.  Of the other people I've seen live, Perfume Genius, Tune Yards are well worth seeing.  Low are basically indie legends (although perhaps not ideally suited to a festival).  Of the electronic stuff I know, Plaid, Nathan Fake and Skee Mask are all people I'd suggest giving a quick whirl on your music streaming platform of choice!  It'll all be fairly lo-fi, so I imagine if you're into the National you should have a decent time

2 hours ago, Ed90 said:

£45-50 to see the National alone is probably the going rate, no?  Fleet Foxes are also a really good live band.  Of the other people I've seen live, Perfume Genius, Tune Yards are well worth seeing.  Low are basically indie legends (although perhaps not ideally suited to a festival).  Of the electronic stuff I know, Plaid, Nathan Fake and Skee Mask are all people I'd suggest giving a quick whirl on your music streaming platform of choice!  It'll all be fairly lo-fi, so I imagine if you're into the National you should have a decent time

It's as much the "coming down after work on a Friday and missing half the day" element tbf. That and still holding out hope for getting a ticket to Arctics and Wolf Alice at Reading the day after so pondering the energy levels.

But I had a look and my ticket to see The National with Franz Ferdinand in Milan in 2018 was 42 Euros, which is about £35 at current exchange rate (although may have been slightly more expensive at the time). Saying that I think their 2019 shows were about £45, so yeah, about that price.

Nathan Fake I'd heard of tbf, given one of his remixes was the theme to Charlie Brooker's shows for years. But it could be worth my time to check these guys out. See what I like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

It's as much the "coming down after work on a Friday and missing half the day" element tbf. That and still holding out hope for getting a ticket to Arctics and Wolf Alice at Reading the day after so pondering the energy levels.

But I had a look and my ticket to see The National with Franz Ferdinand in Milan in 2018 was 42 Euros, which is about £35 at current exchange rate (although may have been slightly more expensive at the time). Saying that I think their 2019 shows were about £45, so yeah, about that price.

Nathan Fake I'd heard of tbf, given one of his remixes was the theme to Charlie Brooker's shows for years. But it could be worth my time to check these guys out. See what I like.

Oh, also forgot about Mogwai, who are, IMO, one of THE great live bands

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2022 at 7:41 PM, Dales said:

Dont know if there are any NHS/Police etc staff who dont know about bluelights tickets. If you think you qualify they have ballots for lots of the APE days. Well worth joining if you work for the gov depts it covers.

https://bluelighttickets.co.uk/

Picked up some nice tickets from bluelights over the last few years. So well recommend signing up if you qualify and have not come across it before.

thank you - got a free ticket on the ballot today!!! if you are there on friday i owe you a pint 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Looks like they've given a decent number of tickets to Blue Light, my wife was successful in every ballot she entered, so we now have tickets to Field Day, The National and the Disclosure day.

Good to hear that tickets are going to a good cause vs most of us who don't want to cough up 

• Upvote 4