2023 Festival

TheWaters

23 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Really can’t see Yungblud being at that level yet. First arena tour coming up which isn’t selling particularly well and he’s far from everyone’s cup of tea.

Dua Lipa | Doja Cat

MCR | Machine Gun Kelly

Green Day | Kasabian

It's selling well? Its hasn't been on sale long and when the album comes out Friday I expect them to start shifting quicker.

Take London for eg. A good 80 percent of the seats have gone.

14 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

It's selling well? Its hasn't been on sale long and when the album comes out Friday I expect them to start shifting quicker.

Take London for eg. A good 80 percent of the seats have gone.

His latest single is trash, he hasn't got many singles or music that charts at all.

BUT he will be "big enough" to headline next year if Aitch, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, Lizzo, Jamie T, AJ Tracy, MGK are all spoken about in the same breath.

Id say he is subheadliner size though this time next year. Sam Fender is debated if he is big enough for MSW, he actually has insane numbers of views, listens, streams, fans, success. Yungblud doesn't.

Edited by Chad888

5 hours ago, Chad888 said:

The 3 headliners booked and 1 nearly complete, 2 of them being past headliners, possible pool of past ones -

Foo Fighters, Post Malone, 21 Pilots, Fallout Boy, Kendrick Lamar, Panic at the Disco, Kings of Leon, Eminem, Kasabian, Foals, Disclosure, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Paramore, Blink 182, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Rage Against the Machine, The Killers

Given the amount of Panic at the Disco posters around, I'd say they are one of the bookings and Yungblud same.  Dua Lipa and Paramore are the other 2.

Panic at the Disco | Yungblud

Dua Lipa | Doja Cat

The Killers | Paramore

The Killers/Paramore would be ace. Dua Lipa is surely done for this tour. 2024 Glastonbury for her with a new album with Reading the following year.

4 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Sam fender had the bigger slot at Glasto, He subbed Pyramid whilst O-Rod subbed Other. 

Although, wasn't Sam only moved up due to Doja cancelling? 

Olivier payed 3rd Other

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, foolee said:

So many predicting Muse but I really can’t see them headlining when they’ve got stadium shows and the MK bowl date. R&L don’t usually have headliners playing other summer shows especially when they’re that big. Biggest rock/indie band will probably be MCR or The Killers. 

Muse usually headline Glastonbury then do RandL the year after, but I think this new album is w*nk, are they even Glastonbury headliner material anymore? 

8 minutes ago, charlie.light said:

They need to put out an album like drones again, simulation theory and will of the people are pretty poor 

I think Will Of The People is great to be fair. The record label wanted them to do a greatest hits album but instead they decided to write a bunch of new songs reminiscent of their greatest hits. It’s probably the most quintessential Muse album since Black Holes IMO. Pretty good album to headline Glastonbury on or indeed R&L given they’re very unlikely for Glasto now.

Edited by FeverDream
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, charlie.light said:

They need to put out an album like drones again, simulation theory and will of the people are pretty poor 

They’ve reached a point where album quality is irrelevant, just like Foo Fighters and Green Day.

Green Day just did a hugely successful stadium tour and didn’t play a single song from their last 5 albums. People don’t go to see bands if that level to hear new material.

2 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Tbh it’s mad to think that Skindred were a main stage band here as recently as 2018, they’d be even more out of place now. 

A Day To Remember subbed 3 festivals ago, that’s the mad one to me

2 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

That day was great, probably still my favourite festival day to date. That little run of Frank Carter > ADTR > Foo Fighters was awesome, plus Shikari earlier in the day. Loved it

2019 was the perfect balance. There was lots of pop, rap, grime, etc. on the Main Stage in keeping with the current musical trends, but also still a lot for the rock fans. They've since ditched that approach altogether.

17 hours ago, Chad888 said:

His latest single is trash, he hasn't got many singles or music that charts at all.

BUT he will be "big enough" to headline next year if Aitch, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, Lizzo, Jamie T, AJ Tracy, MGK are all spoken about in the same breath.

Id say he is subheadliner size though this time next year. Sam Fender is debated if he is big enough for MSW, he actually has insane numbers of views, listens, streams, fans, success. Yungblud doesn't.

Tissues is a great track. 

His last album got to number 1...as for views etc he has far more listeners on Spotify then Fender for eg. 

Edited by wghennessy

3 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

That day was great, probably still my favourite festival day to date. That little run of Frank Carter > ADTR > Foo Fighters was awesome, plus Shikari earlier in the day. Loved it

Yeah, same here. Though the run of Shikari, Fontaines, Ho99o9, Pendulum, BMTH and AM was great this year too.

On 8/31/2022 at 10:32 AM, foolee said:

So many predicting Muse but I really can’t see them headlining when they’ve got stadium shows and the MK bowl date. R&L don’t usually have headliners playing other summer shows especially when they’re that big. Biggest rock/indie band will probably be MCR or The Killers. 

Muse themselves are billing their May/June shows as their only UK dates of 2023 and in a Twitter Q&A Matt Bellamy said they don't have anything else booked right now. So I really doubt it's gonna be them and am surprised they keep being mentioned tbh.

• Like 1