2023 Festival

TheWaters

20 minutes ago, Keese46uk said:

Do you think they’ll bring the pit stage back? That was the one thing I didn’t like this year. Always enjoyed being able to go watch some rock/alternative music in the tent when more Indie/rap was on main stage. 

I hope so. The rock/heavier bands seemed to all have decent sized crowds this year in the FR tent which is a good. 

• Like 1

It was even more apparent this year that the festival now has roughly two set of clientele.

1) The shirt less lads with bum bags / fanny packs with bra top girls by their side who come to the arena for 2/3 per day such as AJ Tracey or head in to the dance tents 16-24.

2) the rock / indie/ metal fans (mainly 25-50) who are out watching as many bands as they are allowed to see.

I appreciate there is some crossover, however when you see the crowd for Bad Boy Chiller Crew or whatever they were called and AJ Tracey v Enter Shikari, BMTH then it becomes more apparent.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, she bangs the drums said:

It was even more apparent this year that the festival now has roughly two set of clientele.

1) The shirt less lads with bum bags / fanny packs with bra top girls by their side who come to the arena for 2/3 per day such as AJ Tracey or head in to the dance tents 16-24.

2) the rock / indie/ metal fans (mainly 25-50) who are out watching as many bands as they are allowed to see.

I appreciate there is some crossover, however when you see the crowd for Bad Boy Chiller Crew or whatever they were called and AJ Tracey v Enter Shikari, BMTH then it becomes more apparent.

Interestingly I would have assumed that the former group are largely on all weekend camping tickets and the latter mainly stick to day tickets but I got the train from Oxford on Saturday and it was absolutely rammed with teenagers. 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Interestingly I would have assumed that the former group are largely on all weekend camping tickets and the latter mainly stick to day tickets but I got the train from Oxford on Saturday and it was absolutely rammed with teenagers. 

Yeah because everyone wanted to see arctic monkeys

Anyway I agree. Might sound hypocritical considering that kinda was me this year (granted usually with army pants instead of shorts because deep pockets lol) but in a weird way it can be a good indicator of what crowds to avoid 

saying that I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing for people to be going around shirtless (it was REALLY fucking hot this year esp if ur moshing a lot) and I dunno what else people are meant to wear but fanny packs when backpacks aren’t allowed 

But it’s usually a specific demographic that do it and there lies the issue

1 hour ago, sacred shape said:

Why didn't you like Tigercub? They were great at Leeds

I just thought they were a bit boring and missed a couple of decent songs I was hoping them to play. I think it was also a massive comedown having them on after Kid Kapichi smashed it. 

6 minutes ago, JamieB1830 said:

Yeah because everyone wanted to see arctic monkeys

Anyway I agree. Might sound hypocritical considering that kinda was me this year (granted usually with army pants instead of shorts because deep pockets lol) but in a weird way it can be a good indicator of what crowds to avoid 

saying that I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing for people to be going around shirtless (it was REALLY fucking hot this year esp if ur moshing a lot) and I dunno what else people are meant to wear but fanny packs when backpacks aren’t allowed 

But it’s usually a specific demographic that do it and there lies the issue

100%, I was just stereotyping on the shirts off. 

Im usually the type of punter who goes down to the arena 12pm to 11pm each day, however i wasn't feeling 100% because of dehydration on Saturday afternoon and walked back to Brown camp (Leeds) at around 5pm and could not believe how many people were sat in the camp sites getting wasted. That said at £6.50 for a pint of Carlsberg, i cannot blame young people doing this. Makes me appreciate Glastonbury more. 

33 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

100%, I was just stereotyping on the shirts off. 

Im usually the type of punter who goes down to the arena 12pm to 11pm each day, however i wasn't feeling 100% because of dehydration on Saturday afternoon and walked back to Brown camp (Leeds) at around 5pm and could not believe how many people were sat in the camp sites getting wasted. That said at £6.50 for a pint of Carlsberg, i cannot blame young people doing this. Makes me appreciate Glastonbury more. 

Fuck paying £7 for a pint man, me and my friends filled a camelback with jungle juice and stuck it in a pair of baggy cargos and that did us fine for the day 🤣

19 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Because they don't like to make it easy to buy a day ticket instead of a weekend one.

They did a good enough job with Dave and MTS on the same day. Give the fact it's becoming V Festival, I don't think it's going to make a load of difference for one day.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They did a good enough job with Dave and MTS on the same day. Give the fact it's becoming V Festival, I don't think it's going to make a load of difference for one day.

Did BMTH reference the fact that the lineup is looking more like V Fest or am I imagining things?

Was gonna respond to some folk who said Halsey was lacking tracks and thats due to her not having enough time. A solo date has 10 more songs on it than R/L had. So go see that show on its own and its almost 2 hours.

also if you think a festival wouldnt put Paramore against MCR you forgot about this happening in Oct.

2489EAA4-ACF9-4EBF-9402-96AC11233D97.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Did BMTH reference the fact that the lineup is looking more like V Fest or am I imagining things?

He did say something like that this is getting like V festival but I think he was referring to the lack of mosh pits more than the line up (though of course these two things are linked)

3 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Theres a huge amount of 16-20 year olds who like the indie bands, just may have not been that many this year as a lot of the main ones (liam g + then your tdcc, wombats, blossoms, catfishs etc) all played last year. These people will have headed to truck / y not / tramlines etc instead i imagine but no doubt will be back next year if they book some more of these acts now they've had their 1 year break 😂

1 hour ago, wghennessy said:

Dua Lipa has to be there surely. Unless of course she's playing Glasto which is a real possibility imo.

Current album tour possibly done most people reckon on the glasto forums

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

also if you think a festival wouldnt put Paramore against MCR you forgot about this happening in Oct.

2489EAA4-ACF9-4EBF-9402-96AC11233D97.jpeg

Yeah Paramore is going to be in the dance tent against MCR ???

People were saying that they'd be on different days to sell weekend tickets.

3 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

You have basically described my 16 year old son and his mates. They only went to see Dave/dbe/AJ Tracey/Polo g and dance/1xtra tent. I picked him up during artic monkeys Last night as him and his mates have no interest. In his words "do people still play guitars these days?" Although he said best thing about Leeds fest was ls23 and picadilly 

Just now, Brad75 said:

You have basically described my 16 year old son and his mates. They only went to see Dave/dbe/AJ Tracey/Polo g and dance/1xtra tent. I picked him up during artic monkeys Last night as him and his mates have no interest. In his words "do people still play guitars these days?" Although he said best thing about Leeds fest was ls23 and picadilly 

Ha ha, i went along with my 21 year old daughter and her friend.....as I was going to bed after a night cap with them at 1.30am they were heading back out for the evening to those places. 

That said my daughter was in the pit with me for BMTH, Frank Carter etc, though she did go and watch Dave over Fever 333.

17 minutes ago, Brad75 said:

Probably needs to look into Nass or something really, would have a way better time there no doubt!