Download 2023

50 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Do day tickets go on sale at the same time as the weekends? My head's telling me they go on slightly after but maybe I'm misremembering 

Generally it’s a bit later. In fact it was 29 March this year before they went on sale

Edited by Red Day
  • Thanks 1

Final prediction (or to quit fooling myself, it's more a wishlist):

METALLICA/Halestorm/Disturbed/The Pretty Reckless  |  DON BROCO/NOFX/Pierce The Veil/Bowling For Soup

BMTH/Architects/Babymetal/While She Sleeps  |  GHOST/Within Temptation/Spiritbox/Motionless In White

METALLICA/Alter Bridge/Lamb Of God/Jinjer  |  THE PRODIGY/Pendulum/Electric Callboy/Bloodywood

SLIPKNOT/Parkway Drive/Gojira/Mudvayne  |  THE OFFSPRING/Rancid/The Interrupters/We Are The In Crowd

Avalanche: Billy Talent/Busted/Hollywood Undead

Dogtooth: Converge/Periphery/Zebrahead

1 hour ago, beetchez said:

METALLICA/Halestorm/Disturbed/The Pretty Reckless  |  DON BROCO/NOFX/Pierce The Veil/Bowling For Soup

BMTH/Architects/Babymetal/While She Sleeps  |  GHOST/Within Temptation/Spiritbox/Motionless In White

METALLICA/Alter Bridge/Lamb Of God/Jinjer  |  THE PRODIGY/Pendulum/Electric Callboy/Bloodywood

SLIPKNOT/Parkway Drive/Gojira/Mudvayne  |  THE OFFSPRING/Rancid/The Interrupters/We Are The In Crowd

Doubt Offspring/Billy Talent/Bowling For Soup will be there cos of Slam Dunk, but the rest is pretty believable

Updated guess, still going double main stage. Obvs some gaps as 6 per stage per day.

Thurs:

Main 1 - Metallica / Machine Head / Anthrax / Testament / Exodus / Death Angel 

Main 2 -  Nightwish / Alice In Chains / L7 / Diamond Head / Raven 

Fri:

Main 1 - BMTH / Architects / Asking Alexandria / Hollywood Undead / Arch Enemy 

Main 2 - Ghost / Evenescence / The Distillers / Nova Twins

Sat:

Main 1 - Metallica / Disturbed / NOFX / Godsmack 

Main 2 - Placebo / Halestorm / Babymetal / Behemoth 

Sun:

Main 1 - Slipknot / Parkway Drive / Amon Amarth / Jinjer / Spiritbox / Lorna Shore

Main 2 - The Prodigy / Lamb Of God / Papa Roach / Meshuggha / Tesseract / Vended

Edited by Spiral_Low

If they really bump Opus to "Mainstage 02" status

Apex: METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Halestorm / The Pretty Reckless / Mammoth WVH / Bokassa

Opus: PLACEBO / Rancid / Hollywood Undead / Clutch / Poppy / Nova Twins
_____
Apex: BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / While She Sleeps / Babymetal / Asking
Alexandria / Spiritbox

Opus: GHOST / Nightwish / Arch Enemy / Meshuggah / Testament / Exodus
_____
Apex: METALLICA / Pantera / Sabaton / Jinjer / Code Orange / Lorna Shore

Opus: EVANESCENCE / Disturbed / Papa Roach / In This Moment / Static-X / Poorstacy
_____
Apex: SLIPKNOT / Parkway Drive / Lamb Of God / Motionless In White / Vended

Opus: THE PRODIGY / Pendulum / Amon Amarth / Avatar / Bleed From Within 

16 hours ago, beetchez said:

Well that is awesome…. I’d be well up for that! 

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Is there some substance behind the Prodigy Sunday slot or are these just guesses at the moment?

Just that they are touring.

There was something awhile back about Corey Taylor going to see them and raving about them too.

And one of the Download's in the past clashed Slipknot with Prodigy so having Prodigy then Slipknot is the kinda big deal that would fit a 20th anniversary.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Just that they are touring.

There was something awhile back about Corey Taylor going to see them and raving about them too.

And one of the Download's in the past clashed Slipknot with Prodigy so having Prodigy then Slipknot is the kinda big deal that would fit a 20th anniversary.

Ah, I thought as much. I hope it transpires, I can only make Sunday this year and that would be about as good as a 1-2 as it gets for me

• Like 1

Thursday: Metallica, Royal Blood, Alice In Chains, Halestorm, Kvelertak, Mammoth WVH, Taipei Houston. Opus: Placebo, Frank Turner

Friday: Bring Me The Horizon, Architects, Don Broco, Neck Deep, Nova Twins, Lorna Shore, Static Dress Opus: Pantera, Clutch

Saturday: Metallica, Ghost, Trivium, Rival Sons, Phill Campbell & The Bastard Sons, Bokassa Opus: Rancid, The Distillers

Sunday: Slipknot, The Prodigy, Lamb Of God, Amon Amorth, Jinjer, Spiritbox, Vended Opus: Run The Jewels, Pendulum 

19 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Including TOUCHE AMORE. Christ. Get them at Download, PLEASE. If Turnstile are there too.. this could be an unbelievable lineup. 

Yeah I was just thinking that, looking around at what’s available this could very well be a vintage year and I could definitely be tempted back to Download. I would rather 4 different headliners but if we’re potentially looking at some combo of Metallica (x2), BMTH, Slipknot, The Prodigy, Ghost, Evanescence, Placebo, Alter Bridge, Disturbed, Pantera, Halestorm, Turnstile and many more it could be very very good and a bit more than just the same old that Download usually offers