Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Probably not. They always looked to be lined up to headline next year, and they have Hellfest exclusivity for festivals this summer.

Didn't see anywhere that there's an exclusive - usually if there is they put it on the poster. But then again maybe I'm just wishful thinking.

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Didn't see anywhere that there's an exclusive - usually if there is they put it on the poster. But then again maybe I'm just wishful thinking.

They’re definitely an exclusive. I’d want them to be drafted in more than any other act, but it’s a non starter unfortunately. Gonna have to wait for them next year.

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

It was in the original Hellfest press release stuff. Sadly those UK shows they're now doing are a couple of weeks later than this, which would mean them coming over to Europe two weeks early to do Primavera, and then hang around. I just can't see it sadly, so it'll be 2023 almost certainly.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

They’re definitely an exclusive. I’d want them to be drafted in more than any other act, but it’s a non starter unfortunately. Gonna have to wait for them next year.

Ah shame. How often do you hear of artists breaking their exclusivity? I imagine if it's to get booked twice they'd consider it?

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

Ah shame. How often do you hear of artists breaking their exclusivity? I imagine if it's to get booked twice they'd consider it?

Seems to happen all the time, but iirc Hellfest got them as an exclusive under the guise of them curating their own day so would be pretty shitty of them to bail on that. Obviously talks can be had, but I just don’t see it happening.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Seems to happen all the time, but iirc Hellfest got them as an exclusive under the guise of them curating their own day so would be pretty shitty of them to bail on that. Obviously talks can be had, but I just don’t see it happening.

As long as they're free on those dates I'm not ruling it out (in my head)!

My memory’s pretty hazy on who he was even replacing (was it Frank?! or was that just Jamie xx?) but didn’t they get Skepta in ridiculously last minute in 2017? So surely can draft in somebody with two and a half months left, even if they’re not a total size like-for-like. Would be pretty shit if they didn’t tbh.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

My memory’s pretty hazy on who he was even replacing (was it Frank?! or was that just Jamie xx?) but didn’t they get Skepta in ridiculously last minute in 2017? So surely can draft in somebody with two and a half months left, even if they’re not a total size like-for-like. Would be pretty shit if they didn’t tbh.

Skepta replaced Migos, so a bit of an upgrade tbh. Jamie replaced Frank which... wasn't.

I'm hoping for a decent external replacement rather than someone getting bumped up, but not getting my hopes up.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was that in 2018 when Migos pulled out at the last minute? I think they booked Skepta as a replacement and then there was a problem with his flight, so he ended up missing his set. They got a big Spanish band, whose name I can’t remember, to play instead and Skepta ended up playing the next day as an extra act.

There’s normally one or two odd bookings but Migos headlining in the first place was bizarre. A very strange booking.

Edited by kingcrawler

They will offer a replacement. Otherwise they would have answered something like "the line up is already complete, there are tons of other band exc exc" to the dozens asking on social media. Instead they are saying they ca't reveal anything at this time. However, I doubt it will be a upgrade. Most we can hope for would be interpol or yyy imo, nothing to get too much excited about for me. No reason for them to waste money