Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh no, that's a real shame. Hope they continue to recover well.

Will that mean someone else gets bumped up? Bit late for a whole new headliner.

I'm not sure, it is a huge shame. Especially as we've lost Brockhampton too. I hope we can get some form of replacement but since the fest is sold out I guess they don't really need to bother?

Just now, KGeedora said:

The Smile though I think is making up for BH or Tangana

Yeah, personally I prefer them, but they'll have been secured way before the others pulled out. Opportunity for PS to fill drop out gaps, but I don't think it was intended. 
Also, theres gotta be someone who fills in the actual timetable slots.

2 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

The Smile though I think is making up for BH or Tangana

Think it was already going to be the case that The Smile were playing given their tour schedule, just had to wait for the wider announcement - don't think Brockhampton pulling out made a difference, plus like Guy said they're W2.

Just now, Rico_Pliskin said:

Nine inch nails are free and in the area. Could do both weekends so as not to upset people who only have one week bought.

They're meant to be a European festival exclusive at Hellfest, not sure if they'll be able to budge on that.

Shame to hear about that, I was quite looking forward to seeing them. Hopefully they make a full recovery soon. 

I’m not expecting another big headliner, mainly because they’ve already got loads of headliners, but I think we’ll get another one or two decent sized acts. I know that one was much shorter notice but something like Jamie xx filling in for Frank Ocean is what I’m expecting, a big act but not necessarily a headliner.

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah but they're surely signed on for next year 

Yeah I know, I was just joking but I agree with you, same reason I don’t think we’ll get Rosalia or Nine Inch Nails. Losing a headliner is disappointing but I’m not too bothered if we don’t get a big replacement as there’s still so many great acts playing.