Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

10 hours ago, DDave said:

Flights finally booked. Thanks to Manchester to BCN prices being ludicrous we're having a bit of adventure using 5 different airports lol. Doing Tuesday to Sunday now. Cannot wait. 

Yeah my girlfriend slacked on the flights for months only to discover they'd shot up so we're doing Tue-Mon now with stops in between 🤣

34 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah my girlfriend slacked on the flights for months only to discover they'd shot up so we're doing Tue-Mon now with stops in between 🤣

our route is Manc - to Reus via Charleroi, night in Salou, train to Barcelona for 4 nights. Return journey is taxi to Girona, flight to Leeds and then public transport back to Manchester

Should be fun lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

24 minutes ago, DDave said:

our route is Manc - to Reus via Charleroi, night in Salou, train to Barcelona for 4 nights. Return journey is taxi to Girona, flight to Leeds and then public transport back to Manchester

Should be fun lol

Can I ask how much you guys are paying for that versus what it would be to go direct? Just out of interest! 

We bought our flights a while ago from London and paid like £180 return, which I thought was already quite a lot (did go for Heathrow/BA over Easyjet/Stansted though for greater ease and comfort!).

45 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can I ask how much you guys are paying for that versus what it would be to go direct? Just out of interest! 

We bought our flights a while ago from London and paid like £180 return, which I thought was already quite a lot (did go for Heathrow/BA over Easyjet/Stansted though for greater ease and comfort!).

for flights on the days we wanted the cheapest its been recently has been £529 for flights alone without bags 

All in with the extra days hotel (inc dinner and breakfast), bags, priority boarding, train fare and transfer to girona its about 240 quid all in each, plus we get an extra day out there and fairly decent flight times. 

Edited by DDave

29 minutes ago, DDave said:

for flights on the days we wanted the cheapest its been recently has been £529 for flights alone without bags 

All in with the extra days hotel (inc dinner and breakfast), bags, priority boarding, train fare and transfer to girona its about 240 quid all in each, plus we get an extra day out there and fairly decent flight times. 

Wow that is a big difference! Glad I didn't wait too much longer. I guess the jubilee Bank Holiday really doesn't help.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

My partner handled the flights, will try to remember to comment later but it was hundreds of pounds difference like Dave said. Much more worth it to extend and make a holiday out of it and put that extra flight money into the extra days! 

29 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

My partner handled the flights, will try to remember to comment later but it was hundreds of pounds difference like Dave said. Much more worth it to extend and make a holiday out of it and put that extra flight money into the extra days! 

Yeah definitely. We are actually staying for a week too (Weds to Weds) but just in Barcelona. Well not "just" - that makes it sound like I'm not really excited, which I am.

On 3/22/2022 at 10:30 PM, DDave said:

Flights finally booked. Thanks to Manchester to BCN prices being ludicrous we're having a bit of adventure using 5 different airports lol. Doing Tuesday to Sunday now. Cannot wait. 

I booked from Manchester in early Feb for £190 ... The following week I got an email from the airline reminding me of the £150 credit I had from the original booking for 2020.

Ah well, I guess another trip to BCN later in the year for autumn sun it is then 😉 

I’m also finally getting around to booking my flight today!

I originally planned to arrive early June 1st to get my wristband sorted and in case any pre-festival events are announced. But it looks like I’ll save a fair bit of money/hassle if I arrive in the early hours of June 2nd instead.

I know there’s nothing other than previous experiences to base this on - but how confident are we at this stage that nothing will be announced for the day before weekend 1? And would I be fine collecting wristband on June 2nd morning before gates open or would this be cutting it close in terms of queues? 

36 minutes ago, Float said:

I originally planned to arrive early June 1st to get my wristband sorted and in case any pre-festival events are announced. But it looks like I’ll save a fair bit of money/hassle if I arrive in the early hours of June 2nd instead.

I know there’s nothing other than previous experiences to base this on - but how confident are we at this stage that nothing will be announced for the day before weekend 1? And would I be fine collecting wristband on June 2nd morning before gates open or would this be cutting it close in terms of queues? 

As someone getting in late June 1st and a first timer I'd also like to know this too 🙂 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Float said:

It’s as you say impossible to be confident as it’s a different model.

I’d guess 20% chance of an act on the Wednesday and 80% chance you’ll have no queue if you turn up for your wristband before the gates open.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

As someone getting in late June 1st and a first timer I'd also like to know this too 🙂 

We arrive at 7.50pm and then have to make it to the city centre, check in, etc. In terms of wristbands can we go and get them that evening? Is it worth it? Do you just pick them up from the Forum?

22 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We arrive at 7.50pm and then have to make it to the city centre, check in, etc. In terms of wristbands can we go and get them that evening? Is it worth it? Do you just pick them up from the Forum?

In normal years you'd only get to the site partway through the last of the free gigs on the Wednesday night. So in theory yes, in practice you'd be better off just finding your bearings in the city, getting something to eat/drink, etc, and getting the wristbands next day.

But we still don't know what happens this year, nothing's been announced for the Wednesday yet. So the question might be moot.

26 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

If there is nothing on at the forum on Wednesday I doubt you will be able to collect wristbands . I've been to a few primaveras , never had to queue for than 15 minutes for a wristband .

8 minutes ago, daveje said:

In normal years you'd only get to the site partway through the last of the free gigs on the Wednesday night. So in theory yes, in practice you'd be better off just finding your bearings in the city, getting something to eat/drink, etc, and getting the wristbands next day.

But we still don't know what happens this year, nothing's been announced for the Wednesday yet. So the question might be moot.

8 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

If there is nothing on at the forum on Wednesday I doubt you will be able to collect wristbands . I've been to a few primaveras , never had to queue for than 15 minutes for a wristband .

Cool okay, I'm not expecting to see any music on the Wednesday, just wondering about making our lives easier on Thursday. But it sounds like it won't be too much hassle to pick them up then.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but Pom Pom Squad have themselves down as playing on June 8th, Parc del Fòrum @ 8:00pm

Also has anyone heard anything from Primavera regarding activating/confirming their tickets? Last comms said they'd be in touch during March to confirm contact details but so far not heard anything

2 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but Pom Pom Squad have themselves down as playing on June 8th, Parc del Fòrum @ 8:00pm

Also has anyone heard anything from Primavera regarding activating/confirming their tickets? Last comms said they'd be in touch during March to confirm contact details but so far not heard anything

That's definitely a mistake on venue as the Forum is not open that day. All the Ciutat shows seem likely to be in the evening - suspect 8pm is an approximation.