Jump to content

Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, MrBarry465 said:

Some of these festivals must know they are unlikely to go ahead, so why are they pushing tickets?

Assumption is that this is to secure funding for next year when people roll over?

Maybe they will only get insurance payouts if they show they have taken every step possible to put the event on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An outdoor gig! In Sefton Park! No restrictions! Headlined by Blossoms.

Last night felt surreal, like for a few hours I was in another world, away from the worries of the pandemic. I went with some strangers I found online, then me and some girl in the group proper h

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

I'm desperate to know what the con is...

well...I was kidding...kind of...But a socially distanced festival in just over a month when many other festivals are being cancelled and there are a whole load of people desperate to go to a festival...and it isn't sold out yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a couple mates tell me they can't come to Noisily festival which is proper anoyying - bloody part timers.

Anyone know the latest with Noisily, liklihood of it going ahead? I know they run on a shoestring basically. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well, in true in-it-to-win-it style, three of my best Glastonbury pals and I have tickets for Green Man.

Fingers crossed. I've always said that that Drakeford is a top bloke.

Ben

😂😂 fair play. I’m just about holding on to hope in England. If I lived in Wales I think I’d be planning my summer trip out of there! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Just had a couple mates tell me they can't come to Noisily festival which is proper anoyying - bloody part timers.

Anyone know the latest with Noisily, liklihood of it going ahead? I know they run on a shoestring basically. 

Still positive. They’ve said the line up will only be UK based and today announced Digweed as the new Sunday night headliner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quark said:

 

Great stuff will be ready to digest that when I finish work tomoro 🙂 … I’d just want to know when I can be confident enough to start the hat build BDs specific … 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else having daily changes from huge confidence that we’ll be at a festival this summer, followed by doom and gloom because you can’t see it happening,before waking up the next morning with huge confidence again? Rinse and repeat.

(not helped by this thread changing from good news to bad news daily, haha)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Is anyone else having daily changes from huge confidence that we’ll be at a festival this summer, followed by doom and gloom because you can’t see it happening,before waking up the next morning with huge confidence again? Rinse and repeat.

(not helped by this thread changing from good news to bad news daily, haha)

100% the same! I put a band on that I'm supposed to be seeing and I'm just like yep it's on. 

Then I look at the wider picture and confidence disappears

We'll know soon anyway - with the test event results plus the local elections out the way i think a clear picture will emerge in the next couple of weeks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Is anyone else having daily changes from huge confidence that we’ll be at a festival this summer, followed by doom and gloom because you can’t see it happening,before waking up the next morning with huge confidence again? Rinse and repeat.

(not helped by this thread changing from good news to bad news daily, haha)

We'll be in a much better situation (but the current one isn't that bad!) when that pfizer pill will be approved 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Big foot had that book now pay 2 weeks before the festival thing running. Hardly the act of a con artist. Maybe people arent so desperate to attend a socially distanced festival that they will go regardless of line up. The company are also running beer festivals with a bit of music thrown in- they appear to be selling out so maybe the 3 day bit is off putting. Think you shouldnt go around saying things are a con without a bit of background beyond it hasnt sold out yet tho.

Leaves la bad taste in the mouth

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kusy said:

We'll be in a much better situation (but the current one isn't that bad!) when that pfizer pill will be approved 🙂

Viagra?

I mean, yeah, all good, but I'm not sure how that will increase the likelihood of festivals this summer...

Ben
🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Viagra?

I mean, yeah, all good, but I'm not sure how that will increase the likelihood of festivals this summer...

Ben
🙂

 

Never said it will affect this summer. But might be crucial for the next one worldwide 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Is anyone else having daily changes from huge confidence that we’ll be at a festival this summer, followed by doom and gloom because you can’t see it happening,before waking up the next morning with huge confidence again? Rinse and repeat.

(not helped by this thread changing from good news to bad news daily, haha)

 

58 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

100% the same! I put a band on that I'm supposed to be seeing and I'm just like yep it's on. 

Then I look at the wider picture and confidence disappears

We'll know soon anyway - with the test event results plus the local elections out the way i think a clear picture will emerge in the next couple of weeks 

I think by the end of May we will know anything that is going to be yes or no. Even Reading will probably have to give some serious though if they know for sure by the end of next week. The smaller one's like Kendall cancelled tomorrow time next week, last year. and most similar to it were within the next week. 

A festival I had tickets for waited until June 25th last year to cancel for middle of August but they are a much smaller deal. SO that'll be a while to wait to see what happens this year possibly, 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

 

I think by the end of May we will know anything that is going to be yes or no. Even Reading will probably have to give some serious though if they know for sure by the end of next week. The smaller one's like Kendall cancelled tomorrow time next week, last year. and most similar to it were within the next week. 

A festival I had tickets for waited until June 25th last year to cancel for middle of August but they are a much smaller deal. SO that'll be a while to wait to see what happens this year possibly, 

Wow, what a load of words that are jumbled up bullshit.

Took me 3 attempts to try read it and it still doesn't make sense 🤣

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Rebellion Festival at the beginning of August is that latest to postpone to next year.

Very detailed and lengthy statement to be fair to them.

And Beautiful Days will announce their 2021 line-up today...

What a mental time to be alive!

Ben

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Is anyone else having daily changes from huge confidence that we’ll be at a festival this summer, followed by doom and gloom because you can’t see it happening,before waking up the next morning with huge confidence again? Rinse and repeat.

(not helped by this thread changing from good news to bad news daily, haha)

No, not daily! Hourly. I generally start off less optimistic and improve during the day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I'd quite like to go to that. Guessing demand is high as their website seems to be dow

Tickets available from See Tickets 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...