Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

First ERP results due to be issued to the Government by end of this month, but talk of them being delayed by a couple of weeks.

Am now pretty certain they will not be looking at dropping all social contact measures on 21st June at the earliest, and predict at least a 4 week delay (for mass gatherings as a minimum)

This will allow further ERP events such as the 10k capacity FR event in June and a couple of others being planned to take place, with results from those (Stage 2) being expected by the end of July. 

So in summary, July events are pretty much going to either cancel or modify to allow for any measures that may be in place... So I'd say that puts out Latitude, Standon etc.

On a personal note, am in process of switching from focusing on working festivals and lining up more sporting/comedy style events for the summer which are more likely to be going ahead.

The next 4 weeks are crucial for the rest of this season..

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

First ERP results due to be issued to the Government by end of this month, but talk of them being delayed by a couple of weeks.

Am now pretty certain they will not be looking at dropping all social contact measures on 21st June at the earliest, and predict at least a 4 week delay (for mass gatherings as a minimum)

This will allow further ERP events such as the 10k capacity FR event in June and a couple of others being planned to take place, with results from those (Stage 2) being expected by the end of July. 

So in summary, July events are pretty much going to either cancel or modify to allow for any measures that may be in place... So I'd say that puts out Latitude, Standon etc.

On a personal note, am in process of switching from focusing on working festivals and lining up more sporting/comedy style events for the summer which are more likely to be going ahead.

Thanks for the update, Paul - keep 'em coming. 

Ben

2 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

And insurance will wipe out the August ones apart from maybe Reading taking a gamble, so September perhaps but unlikely? 

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

And insurance will wipe out the August ones apart from maybe Reading taking a gamble, so September perhaps but unlikely? 

I think there might be a bit of movement on the insurance side of things if there is restrictions after June 21st, it was mentioned last week by Dowden.. so probably w load of bull anyway but not been ruled out entirely.. too late for most by then though.

Linky

2 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Helpful as ever Paul.

What's your instincts telling you on chances of festivals going ahead early part of September?

Do you think they will keep their nerve?

22 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Bottlerock looks amazing - liking the food and wine and brew (does that mean beer?) Side of that as well

Yeah, except youll hate the people that go to it. And brew = beer. It does also end at 10pm.

Edited by Suprefan

16 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, except youll hate the people that go to it. And brew = beer. It does also end at 10pm.

Haha that doesn't sound good! Think it'll be a fair while before I get to a US festival. What in your opinion are the best ones for someone who likes bigger acts and/or indie? 

51 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Helpful as ever Paul.

What's your instincts telling you on chances of festivals going ahead early part of September?

Do you think they will keep their nerve?

Am still hopeful August will be fine, never mind September!

Impossible to tell though, every festival is different as some need to try operate this year as won't survive if not. Others have sensibly postponed already and played it safe. 

Guess we will know more in a few weeks time.. and keep the fingers crossed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Impossible to tell though, every festival is different as some need to try operate this year as won't survive if not. Others have sensibly postponed already and played it safe. 

Great to see you are optimistic!

34 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

This is very positive actually! I hope you're right about August ones as I have Y Not and would love to return to live music with a lineup so suited to my own tastes. 

4 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

So I'd say that puts out Latitude, Standon etc.

🙁😭

4 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Good luck, hope you get more work sorted by diversifying.

Thanks for the detailed update, not the good news I was after but know it's really only a matter of time before July festivals cancel/postpone.

• Upvote 1

I’ve had a bit of a boost today. Walter Trout tickets arrived (strange as it’s not until January 22) but also got an email saying that tickets for The Ocean in Bristol have been dispatched.

Looks promising as the gig is July 1st. Obviously not guaranteed but surely sounds promising considering it’s relatively close, gives the impression that’s it’s going ahead at this stage.

7 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

As in, even if the news is looking less favourable, I know I'd rather know than not. 

Ben

On the other hand, I don’t know why I read thIs thread! 😂😂 

I mean, thanks Paul 😉

27 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

That's good news. Bit surprising considering everyone is dancing so close together without masks.

Is it basically safe as you had to have a test showing you were covid free beforehand?

Yep. Big difference between 'are no riskier' and 'can be as safe', when everyone attending has had to take a test prior to arrival. 

That's what happens when a dodgy libertarian, Conservative, Brexit supporting twitter account run by a snottynosed 18 year old student starts to subtly twist contexts and fact to suit their agenda.

Edited by Copperface

59 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Latitude pushing on with social media adverts for its Big Green Coach travel. Who the hell knows how this is all going to play out, eh?! 😆

Ben

One easy way to get a definative answer, genuine screen grab from my FB feed just now....

EDIT, To clarify the FB group Festival Elves etc is a brilliant group serving festival crew/workers etc. The pic was posted by someone who couldn't believe what they were seeing in another FB group. 

Screenshot (547).png

Edited by Pinrut
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Pinrut said:

One easy way to get a definative answer, genuine screen grab from my FB feed just now....

Screenshot (547).png

That is terrifying. People are absolutely nuts. The next thing you'll be telling me is that there are other posters on there suggesting that the coronavirus vaccine is safe. 

Ben