Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

23 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Lost 10% of tickets and he didn't seem 100% sure that it was positives- that's 500 people, there is no way 500 people tested positive in Liverpool on Saturday. I reckon some chanced it from outside the liverpool city region and got knocked back. Perhaps Manchester with it being blossoms 

If 500 ticket holders tested positive then that's a huge problem with the testing system considering we're on 2000 in the whole country. Either false positives or huge amounts of asymptomatic infections that we don't know about 

Don't forget there was a requirement to be registered with a go in Liverpool. Some might not have been. 

Well I just had a pm on twitter from someone doing testing and was told there was 1 case in the 5000 odd tests … so that shows a different perspective although I can’t vouch for accuracy though … those other numbers seem very high and don’t fit with the case levels there … which are 10 per 100,000 currently 

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Don't forget there was a requirement to be registered with a go in Liverpool. Some might not have been. 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Well I just had a pm on twitter from someone doing testing and was told there was 1 case in the 5000 odd tests … so that shows a different perspective although I can’t vouch for accuracy though … those other numbers seem very high and don’t fit with the case levels there … which are 10 per 100,000 currently 

Yep got to be people chancing it then. That's good! 

6 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I have a feeling we're going to hate this tune come the end of summer... 🤣

Nah... it will always be a banger to me. Reminds me of being a fresh faced 18 year old on my first trip to Ibiza!

And the lyrics of that 1997 club classic feel like they could have been written especially for 2021. 

Fair play Ultra Naté, I hope it tops up your retirement fund nicely! 

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Just watched BBC news feature on it- there were scientists saying they have 40 cameras about to watch people's behaviour and I quote "see how far apart they stand and if they choose to wear a mask". If they're seriously expecting to see those things, I'm not sure why they bothered...

Yousef said he only saw one person wearing a mask while looking out at the crowd. 

4 hours ago, stuie said:

Nah... it will always be a banger to me. Reminds me of being a fresh faced 18 year old on my first trip to Ibiza!

And the lyrics of that 1997 club classic feel like they could have been written especially for 2021. 

Fair play Ultra Naté, I hope it tops up your retirement fund nicely! 

Lovely memory and you're absolutely right about the lyrics. Except for the actual chorus. 

48 minutes ago, El Matador said:

Saw some footage of the Blossoms gig. Great to see the return to normality.

5000 people and 4900 of them watching it through their phone screen. 

Sounds about right although you would think people would have had enough of looking at life through a screen for the last year and a bit! I expect its more like “ look at me at an actual gig seeing actual bands live “ moment for social media 🙄

2 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Unsurprising given the gig was explicitly billed as “no distancing or masks”

That’s why I was surprised! 

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Lovely memory and you're absolutely right about the lyrics. Except for the actual chorus. 

Well, yes... but soon! 😂

1 hour ago, sedra said:

Sounds about right although you would think people would have had enough of looking at life through a screen for the last year and a bit! I expect its more like “ look at me at an actual gig seeing actual bands live “ moment for social media 🙄

It's just a thing nowadays with smart phones. There was a girl walking down the road in Stratford-upon-Avon yesterday just pulling her pigtails out and posing like it for a selfie.

Of course people are going to capture their first gigs back.

There seems to be JUST about a swing towards positivity about the events from reading around, which I imagine is the biggest thing being measured politically. Though the older Tory voters seem absolutely horrified at the idea. 

Let's see what the results bring...

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 hours ago, El Matador said:

Saw some footage of the Blossoms gig. Great to see the return to normality.

5000 people and 4900 of them watching it through their phone screen. 

Probably the first song or their biggest song. This is a moment in history, a minor one I'll grant you, I'm not surprised those there wanted to capture it. I'd probably do the same.

Free to do what you want to do …. I believe that is the lyrics … and people using mobile phones and doing the odd bit of filming is living those lyrics … I’m not a fan of mobiles in General but that is quite a momentous tune at a momentous I was there type moment … so good luck to them … hope they had a cracking gig 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Free to do what you want to do …. I believe that is the lyrics … and people using mobile phones and doing the odd bit of filming is living those lyrics … I’m not a fan of mobiles in General but that is quite a momentous tune at a momentous I was there type moment … so good luck to them … hope they had a cracking gig 

Most people had their phones away. They used Yondr pouches since it was being filmed for tv broadcast next week. but from my friends who were there it seemed that plenty tore them open and didnt care.

so this is what ya had to do when it was first gig back eh

• Like 1

was good to be back at a gig yesterday, paying for it today.  Thought i'd be a bit anxious being in a crowd again but was completely fine. Everyone slotted straight back into normality like it hadn't been away.

Was pretty well organised but still lots of queuing for the toilets/drinks for the authentic experience 😂

Bands were good, the noise when the first act walked on the stage was pretty emotional.

The dj in-between playing indie hits and everyone singing and dancing was class.

If full on camping festival can't happen this summer, I don't see why we can't have these one day events popping up all over the country.

26 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Most people had their phones away. They used Yondr pouches since it was being filmed for tv broadcast next week. but from my friends who were there it seemed that plenty tore them open and didnt care.

so this is what ya had to do when it was first gig back eh

Such a lovely moment for them

Edited by efcfanwirral

9 hours ago, sedra said:

Yeah mental that.

'How was the gig mate?'

'Not sure haven't watched it back yet....'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, august1 said:

If full on camping festival can't happen this summer, I don't see why we can't have these one day events popping up all over the country.

This is what I was thinking too, a lot of places could adopt the BST/TRNSMT approach and do this, makes a sensible compromise for the time being and are pretty easy to throw together as has been proven over the last year 

Article is good and positive- second event in the works ("greenfield" setting - camping event maybe?) but big takeaway is Melvin Benn is expecting news on the insurance by start of June and seems more confident than I'd expect that we might get it. Sounds like he's really getting at the government about this 

• Upvote 1