Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

20 minutes ago, stuie said:

E88AED18-46B9-40D4-97D0-C88AAB457A8F.jpeg

Ooft, @stuie!

That looks fantastic. I so hope it can survive the uncertainty and pull through.

I love (a) how there's no hierarchy, simply alphabetical - as it should be, with the music being the 'star', not the DJ, (b) that Ben Coda is on the bill - how could you not? and (c) the look of the Liquid Stage. I wish that Psytrance at Glastonbury was more than just Thursday night in the Glade Lounge (as great as that is...!).

Ben
🙌🏼

14 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ooft, @stuie!

That looks fantastic. I so hope it can survive the uncertainty and pull through.

I love (a) how there's no hierarchy, simply alphabetical - as it should be, with the music being the 'star', not the DJ, (b) that Ben Coda is on the bill - how could you not? and (c) the look of the Liquid Stage. I wish that Psytrance at Glastonbury was more than just Thursday night in the Glade Lounge (as great as that is...!).

Ben
🙌🏼

Totally agree with all of that and would add that (d) it’s all talent from this country and (e) it’s so diverse, covering all electronic music! 

If it gets across the line, it’s going to be a beautiful party 😃

Pretty much confirmation that the kendals etc won't be happening  - if this is mid June it's way too late for insurance purposes. 

also says that public transport and surrounding crowds are what the government are worried about with events, more than the events themselves. I think these are more pilots for 2022 at this stage, maybe a couple of September ones but their concerns won't change 

And you know what- I'm going to try to go to this event if its possible, wherever in the country it is 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Pretty much confirmation that the kendals etc won't be happening  - if this is mid June it's way too late for insurance purposes. 

also says that public transport and surrounding crowds are what the government are worried about with events, more than the events themselves. I think these are more pilots for 2022 at this stage, maybe a couple of September ones but their concerns won't change 

And you know what- I'm going to try to go to this event if its possible, wherever in the country it is 

And the later post says upto 10k. Yes a test event in mid June is going to cancel events for the next 6 weeks after. 

I feel there isn't the greatest feeling about the Liverpool test events. It may just be that this is the next stage.

But what is clear is that a test event is being ran with only 11 weeks to go before 90k people descend on two parts of the country. One of these parts being near an arena that has seen a surge in cases I believe.

I think this is going to cancel my August Weekender Festival. 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

FB_IMG_1621010157171.jpg

FB_IMG_1621010152234.jpg

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

To have 'socially distanced' on the poster for an event in two and a half months' time, and what will be almost 17 months since this shite began is indescribably depressing.

Ben

As you said for the post above. I can't see that event being that big of a capacity either.

I think as another said as well, this will likely put pay to Lattitude.

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

To have 'socially distanced' on the poster for an event in two and a half months' time, and what will be almost 17 months since this shite began is indescribably depressing.

Ben

Agree.  A "socially distanced" festival won't be getting my money. Am absolutely sick to the back teeth of this social distancing/socially distanced nonsense!!!  The sooner this is a thing of the past the better.  Roll on 21st June.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, music fan said:

Agree.  A "socially distanced" festival won't be getting my money. Am absolutely sick to the back teeth of this social distancing/socially distanced nonsense!!!  The sooner this is a thing of the past the better.  Roll on 21st June.

I'm hoping there are more of these in the pipeline as backups to be honest

28 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm hoping there are more of these in the pipeline as backups to be honest

I'm with music fan. I won't be at an event with rules and regulations etc. It'll just be a pain in the arse.

I'm happy to just wait my turn. I'm more and more convinced that the August dates I've got are slowly slipping away and my first gig with be November.

If things get opened open by September for the Swansea gig then great stuff.

But I don't see us having anywhere near full capacity stadiums at the start of the football season.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ooooh, that's tremendous. The late summer festivals in the US have got some great bills 

Theres 5 others with the same acts on it as this poster. You can pick an choose when and where to see all of that. And its the worst crowd you could think of. Just wait for some better ones to surface within the next couple weeks.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ooooh, that's tremendous. The late summer festivals in the US have got some great bills 

Call me a lunatic if you like, but I’d bloody love to see Korn tear up the Other stage. No idea what the demand would be for them, but I’d love to see it. They’ve been consistently excellent every time I’ve seen them despite not really being a die hard fan of theirs. They’re just a tonne of fun.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Theres 5 others with the same acts on it as this poster. You can pick an choose when and where to see all of that. And its the worst crowd you could think of. Just wait for some better ones to surface within the next couple weeks.

What America rock festivals do you recommend? I personally wouldn't attend this one but Riot! has looked great a few times and is more my thing. Plus is gets the likes of Rise Against etc too 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

This might make a difference ? 

A bit disingenuous of Sacha Lord, who obviously has a deep vested interest. No commitment at all from the government.

The actual situation is that after 21 June they will 'look at' if assistance is needed. No mention of 'intervene'.

https://twitter.com/CommonsDCMS/status/1392851275625213952

.@OliverDowden tells @HeatherWheeler that if restrictions on events are lifted on 21 June and then lack of insurance remains last barrier to them going ahead, only then will Govt look at backing insurance as it did for film and TV.

Dowden said the UK was “well on track” to reach Stage Four of lockdown restrictions lifting on June 21, and that the government would then “look at” if assistance was still needed for music festivals.

“It has to be the case first that we know [if] something can go ahead,” he said, before adding later: “I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect the taxpayer to provide a full indemnity for all those events if it’s not possible for them to happen.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/government-wont-explore-festival-insurance-until-lockdown-lifts-says-culture-secretary-2941112

Edited by Copperface

3 hours ago, Copperface said:

A bit disingenuous of Sacha Lord, who obviously has a deep vested interest. No commitment at all from the government.

The actual situation is that after 21 June they will 'look at' if assistance is needed. No mention of 'intervene'.

https://twitter.com/CommonsDCMS/status/1392851275625213952

.@OliverDowden tells @HeatherWheeler that if restrictions on events are lifted on 21 June and then lack of insurance remains last barrier to them going ahead, only then will Govt look at backing insurance as it did for film and TV.

Dowden said the UK was “well on track” to reach Stage Four of lockdown restrictions lifting on June 21, and that the government would then “look at” if assistance was still needed for music festivals.

“It has to be the case first that we know [if] something can go ahead,” he said, before adding later: “I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect the taxpayer to provide a full indemnity for all those events if it’s not possible for them to happen.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/government-wont-explore-festival-insurance-until-lockdown-lifts-says-culture-secretary-2941112

Clever from the government - say they'll look at helping but leave the decision of whether to take the gamble of waiting til that date to the events themselves, which obviously they can't do. It's disappointing but completely the right thing to do - it's looking increasingly like taxpayers money would be wasted if they stepped in now 

On 5/14/2021 at 10:43 PM, jparx said:

Call me a lunatic if you like, but I’d bloody love to see Korn tear up the Other stage. No idea what the demand would be for them, but I’d love to see it. They’ve been consistently excellent every time I’ve seen them despite not really being a die hard fan of theirs. They’re just a tonne of fun.

Yeah, Korn are an excellent live band and are still consistently producing great albums.

Really frustrating how they get lumped in with legacy nu-metal bands