Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

37 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

I've seen them play Manchester a couple of times and they were fantastic. What went wrong in the JP? Sound or just hungover?

Don’t know. I’ve seen them in Glasgow a couple of times and they were brilliant but the JP one just fell completely flat. They didn’t seem into it at all and there was none of the charm and zip I’d seen on the other gigs. I think there was bit of homesickness/tour fatigue involved.

3 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Don’t know. I’ve seen them in Glasgow a couple of times and they were brilliant but the JP one just fell completely flat. They didn’t seem into it at all and there was none of the charm and zip I’d seen on the other gigs. I think there was bit of homesickness/tour fatigue involved.

Hmm my memory might be hazy as it was the Sunday and that weekend had really taken its toll and I was essentially in the John Peel for some respite from the rain, but I don’t recall it being bad. Maybe it didn’t help that they were touring one of their crap albums at the time, but I remember the songs from the first two albums being excellent. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm my memory might be hazy as it was the Sunday and that weekend had really taken its toll and I was essentially in the John Peel for some respite from the rain, but I don’t recall it being bad. Maybe it didn’t help that they were touring one of their crap albums at the time, but I remember the songs from the first two albums being excellent. 

I always thought it was me when Band of Horses fell flat in 2016. I'd been at the JP for hours watching Mystery Jets and Bat For Lashes and thought I was flagging. If I recall there were sound issues at the JP that year as it was the first time in its new location. I do remember Is There A Ghost was still an incredible moment.

6 hours ago, Mwk525 said:

Miles kane has a break in his tour schedule for all of June and then plays at rock wercher 1st of July so he’s a possibility.

Wonder where he would be on the JP bill? Saw him in JP tent 2013 just before Frightened Rabbit, he was pretty good and there was a decent crowd for him. Also helped that he brought out Alex Turner .

3 hours ago, Enda Krabappel said:

Wonder where he would be on the JP bill? Saw him in JP tent 2013 just before Frightened Rabbit, he was pretty good and there was a decent crowd for him. Also helped that he brought out Alex Turner .

I’d imagine other stage early day time or John peel early evening. I noticed after I commented this that clashfinders prediction now features miles kane so fingers crossed!

32 minutes ago, Mardy said:

He played West Holts in 17 or 19. 17 it must have been, cos we saw him instead of Chic/the one of the bee gees who isn’t dead. 

Same and posted about this recently in the regrets thread. Hopefully he isn't there this year as that would compound the regret.

1 hour ago, hodgey123 said:

Same and posted about this recently in the regrets thread. Hopefully he isn't there this year as that would compound the regret.

Ah, sorry, not really had a proper read of that thread. TBH, I'm sort of OK with it, I've seen Chic twice in the last decade or so, the setlist doesn't change that much, and you know, by Sunday afternoon, I'm not sure I really can face the crowded, hectic chaos of the legend slot on the Pyramid. Was more than happy to follow my wife to WH for a calm hour or so. Bit of food and a sit down while Shaggy does his thing in the background.

5 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Ah, sorry, not really had a proper read of that thread. TBH, I'm sort of OK with it, I've seen Chic twice in the last decade or so, the setlist doesn't change that much, and you know, by Sunday afternoon, I'm not sure I really can face the crowded, hectic chaos of the legend slot on the Pyramid. Was more than happy to follow my wife to WH for a calm hour or so. Bit of food and a sit down while Shaggy does his thing in the background.

I mean the set itself was good, just everyone who went to Chic said it was amazing etc. and I have never seen them 

Sorry if this has been said already (it’s a long thread) but i was really hoping that the gap in the Red Hot Chilli Peppers UK tour was for glastonbury.

Arguments against:

- Micheal Eavis has previously said he doesn’t like bands that have let him down in the past (although he did say it with a grin on his face in relation to the chillis)

-You’d think they’d be a headline pyramid slot and clearly all those are taken. Anywhere else would be a roadblock.

Arguments for:

- They have nothing on Friday in the tour diary.

- A lot of big acts don’t announce their glastonbury appearance until all their UK tour tickets have fully sold out.

-They have a new album out

Edited by Twiggy553

5 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Sorry if this has been said already (it’s a long thread) but i was really hoping that the gap in the Red Hot Chilli Peppers UK tour was for glastonbury.

Arguments against:

- Micheal Eavis has previously said he doesn’t like bands that have let him down in the past (although he did say it with a grin on his face in relation to the chillis)

-You’d think they’d be a headline pyramid slot and clearly all those are taken. Anywhere else would be a roadblock.

Arguments for:

- A lot of big acts don’t announce their glastonbury appearance until all their UK tour tickets have fully sold out.

If they ever do it they will headline so it won't be this year

10 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Arguments against:

Arguments for:

Arguments against:

• They're shit.
  • Upvote 7

30 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Arguments for:

These same arguments have happened for RHCP at least 5 times in the past 20 years.

Completely don't get the hate they get as well, some people think they are shit live sure but a lot of people also like them. They can easily fill their set with hits and then some