Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

11 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

If they are indeed ruled out, this feels like such a miss on Glastonbury's part.

Playing down the road at Eden Project the week before Glastonbury, then playing intimate London shows the week of Glastonbury, with a support act from the initial line-up poster. Stars seem aligned, but also not.

Would far rather see them headlining the Other on Sunday than Foals.

I think the issue is they don’t fit the festival anymore. Imo they would be a fantastic other headliner but I don’t think NIN are interested in headlining a second stage. Especially when they can headline festivals all over the world.

2 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

If they are indeed ruled out, this feels like such a miss on Glastonbury's part.

Playing down the road at Eden Project the week before Glastonbury, then playing intimate London shows the week of Glastonbury, with a support act from the initial line-up poster. Stars seem aligned, but also not.

Would far rather see them headlining the Other on Sunday than Foals.

Foals are Friday. Its PSB on Sunday

2 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Funny because that Biffy set was 100x better than NIN before them.

Not to really jump to his defence because he came off like an absolute crybaby for that whole outburst, but didn’t he (at Reading, at least) seem to play an intentionally new album heavy/banger-less set as some kind of form of protest due to his issues with Biffy? 

Kinda funny, but shit behaviour for an adult man, and for the fans who were there to see him. 

Maybe this belongs in the controversial opinions thread but Trent should stick to his awesome film scores and knock on the head both the middle aged angsty industrial shit and the self imposed musical gatekeeper role he's been giving himself for at least 20 years.

Edited by 1986

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not to really jump to his defence because he came off like an absolute crybaby for that whole outburst, but didn’t he (at Reading, at least) seem to play an intentionally new album heavy/banger-less set as some kind of form of protest due to his issues with Biffy? 

Kinda funny, but shit behaviour for an adult man, and for the fans who were there to see him. 

Yep, at Leeds we got a fairly normal set (really just missing Hurt, iirc), but they obviously played without their full stage show (thanks to Biffy Clyro!) and didn’t seem to wanna be there.

Reading two days later got a weirder setlist, but it actually doesn’t look bad now. Would just be crap if you showed up knowing 3 or 4 songs. Presumably they used those two days to work on their paddy and not allow the crowd to enjoy them.

That Biffy set was brilliant, though. One of the best headline sets I’ve seen at a festival. But still a tier below NIN at their best, of course.

22 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yep, at Leeds we got a fairly normal set (really just missing Hurt, iirc), but they obviously played without their full stage show (thanks to Biffy Clyro!) and didn’t seem to wanna be there.

Reading two days later got a weirder setlist, but it actually doesn’t look bad now. Would just be crap if you showed up knowing 3 or 4 songs. Presumably they used those two days to work on their paddy and not allow the crowd to enjoy them.

That Biffy set was brilliant, though. One of the best headline sets I’ve seen at a festival. But still a tier below NIN at their best, of course.

I was at that Reading and they were fucking awful, a lot of the crowd left mid-set. How did biffy make Trent cry?

On 3/25/2022 at 11:11 AM, the wonderwhy said:

It does happen quite often that you get these American acts come over and play London shows around the week of the festival but don't actually pop up - The National and Interpol do it on what seems like a fairly regular basis. You've got Jack White who's probably gonna do it this year. Am sure there's other examples. 

I guess in NIN's case you have this exclusivity with Hellfest which is obviously a big deal so just isn't gonna get broken, but it makes sense to chuck in a few more shows to make the trip properly worthwhile. 

Foals are Friday btw! 

Also PUP. 

Don't know how I got that mixed up when PSB/Kendrick is by far the worst clash of the weekend for me.

2 hours ago, GeezLouise said:

I was at that Reading and they were fucking awful, a lot of the crowd left mid-set. How did biffy make Trent cry?

NIN or Biffy?

Basically NIN turned up to Leeds fest and found out they couldn’t use their proper stage set up or something because of what Biffy already had set up for their show.

Trent went on some twitter rant crying about it and referred to Biffy as “Biffy Clyro (whoever the fuck they are)”.

They are a band that is bigger than you here and hence they are headlining above you pal!

19 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

NIN or Biffy?

Basically NIN turned up to Leeds fest and found out they couldn’t use their proper stage set up or something because of what Biffy already had set up for their show.

Trent went on some twitter rant crying about it and referred to Biffy as “Biffy Clyro (whoever the fuck they are)”.

They are a band that is bigger than you here and hence they are headlining above you pal!

Oh, NIN. biffy were great.