Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 minute ago, TheFieryFurnace18 said:

Paolo meant to be playing Saturday? Is that just a rumour because he's playing Bristol on the 23rd or is there more 

Neil heard info that he is playing/been offered a slot for Saturday. Can't remember if the info said he had been offered or if he was playing.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No I was at Adele. Didn’t hear it was a bad set?

It was slow to get going, not helped by Barney seeming to have a go at the crowd for not being into it. All in all it felt like everyone on stage and off was slightly disappointed.

3 minutes ago, Bradders said:

It was slow to get going, not helped by Barney seeming to have a go at the crowd for not being into it. All in all it felt like everyone on stage and off was slightly disappointed.

Yeah, was a bit odd. Being berated for not dancing enough when you're ankle deep in mud that won't let go of your feet didn't exactly encourage a response!

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yeah, was a bit odd. Being berated for not dancing enough when you're ankle deep in mud that won't let go of your feet didn't exactly encourage a response!

The mud was ridiculous at that point, I can't remember if it was raining as well? A bit of a miserable experience I must say. Wish I'd just gone and seen Adele. 

Edited by kemosabe

7 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

The mud was ridiculous at that point, I can't remember if it was raining as well? A bit of a miserable experience I must say. Wish I'd just gone and seen Adele. 

I loved it as I'd never seen NO until then, and was just happy to see them. But yeah, did feel a wee bit flat. Oh well, never mind!

20 minutes ago, TheFieryFurnace18 said:

Thanks, Paolo there as well would make it such a good undercard. He'd be headlining one of the stages wouldn't he? 

No-one knows but I think the general thinking seems to be that he'll be on the Pyramid earlier in the day, maybe in the original Aerosmith slot which was 4th from top I think.

40 minutes ago, Quark said:

I loved it as I'd never seen NO until then, and was just happy to see them. But yeah, did feel a wee bit flat. Oh well, never mind!

Same! I actually saw both New Order and LCD Soundsystem twice that year, at Glastonbury and Electric Picnic. New Order were better at EP, with LCD being better at Glastonbury.

I'd danced myself into a trench during New Order at The Other Stage, found it difficult to move after about 10 mins!

1 hour ago, TheFieryFurnace18 said:

Thanks, Paolo there as well would make it such a good undercard. He'd be headlining one of the stages wouldn't he? 

Imagine he’ll be a special guest somewhere:  no real reason for him to have not been on the poster otherwise 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, northernringo said:

Neil heard info that he is playing/been offered a slot for Saturday. Can't remember if the info said he had been offered or if he was playing.

He suggested headlining Other.

5 hours ago, northernringo said:

No-one knows but I think the general thinking seems to be that he'll be on the Pyramid earlier in the day, maybe in the original Aerosmith slot which was 4th from top I think.

While I don't think he'll necessarily get that slot above, no chance I see him 4th down. He's not for me but still. Definitely not an addition that improves anything for me.

15 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Parquet Courts are in UK til 16th June then nothing till Chicago in mid July atm 

Would love this addition - missed them under the strokes at APE in 2019 as they were too early for me to get there!