Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've been thinking about this but then will I be in any fit state on Monday to go to a gig?

Depends how hard you intend on going at Glastonbury, but I know I personally couldn’t think of anything worse than trying to keep the party going on the Monday. I’d really struggle.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've been thinking about this but then will I be in any fit state on Monday to go to a gig?

I’ve also been considering this but after seeing them previously with a chronic hangover I recalled it was not an enjoyable experience. Too many woozy guitar solos for my fragile head and mental state. 

Does anyone think we might be lucky enough to get a PJ Harvey appearance? 

She's announced two "in conversation" appearances for her upcoming book Orlam - one in June in London, one in May in Bath.  

Considering her "Glasto at home" performance, as well as the fact that the book is topical at least geographically, I am hopeful.  Some readings and a chat could be a nice noon slot at the park or something 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Depends how hard you intend on going at Glastonbury, but I know I personally couldn’t think of anything worse than trying to keep the party going on the Monday. I’d really struggle.

A gig on Monday would be horrible! It's a time for a proper bed and sleep.

Ah well, just occurred to me this morning, had a look on their website's Tour Date section and nothing there until September. Probably far too much to hope for a repeat on 2016's Other Stage double connector of New Order and LCD Soundsystem.

18 minutes ago, rubick said:

Ah well, just occurred to me this morning, had a look on their website's Tour Date section and nothing there until September. Probably far too much to hope for a repeat on 2016's Other Stage double connector of New Order and LCD Soundsystem.

I do think they are due a return though. Perhaps headlining the other again.