Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

39 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You'd have to imagine that if they were to perform a post-headliners DJ set at Pangea then they'd have to be billed either as special guests or under a pseudonym. Could be carnage up there otherwise.

Put it late enough that a good portion of the festival had gone to sleep and it would be fine surely

47 minutes ago, CurrySauce said:

What does a chems dj set look like? Is it them playing their own stuff or playing a lot of baselines with some of there own bits chucked over the top?

a few of their tracks, lots of stuff that sounds very 'chemical' remixed and then some new songs / dj set exclusive songs.

Here's the most regular exclusive - 

23 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Franz Ferdinand have rescheduled their upcoming Greatest Hits tour - Euro dates start again week after Glasto. Would be a great JP headliner, 90 mins of wall to wall bangers. 

I think I'd see that. Wanted to see them live since seeing this vid of them at T in the Park 2014

https://youtu.be/M7Sv3XaX4ko

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Another thing to note on Chems, they have deleted their worthy farm cheese tweet

Michael mentioned the artists and their love of worthy farm cheese yesterday in the interview .... must be a strong rumour now along with @JoeyT info .... ID pretty well put my house on it tbh 

Curious that the announced chems show is on a sunday when it would sell much better on a saturday.

i think the dj set rumours are pretty strong and its too early for them to be back live esp without a new album so i think that as good as confirms the dj set on the saturday, otherwise surely castle howard would have been booked for the 25th. 

im not sure an outdoor gig in the middle of nowhere on a sunday when lots of potential ticket buyers are at glastonbury is a great idea commercially. 

Edited by Memory Man

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Putting Chems on the Other again so soon would be a shite lazy booking. 

Agreed.

Late night DJ set would be good

Also agreed

alternatively, how about as the Pyramid Opener? Would be a great way to start the day

I'll have some of whatever you're having.  A live show that makes huge use of lighting, effects, strobes and a late night party, at midday to an empty field? Hard nope.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Agreed.

Also agreed

I'll have some of whatever you're having.  A live show that makes huge use of lighting, effects, strobes and a late night party, at midday to an empty field? Hard nope.

Aye but even without the lighting & effects, they've still got bops-a-plenty. Besides maybe they could try for some daytime effects? Confetti cannons, balloons, that sort of crap... Although might not be very eco-friendly like

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Aye but even without the lighting & effects, they've still got bops-a-plenty. Besides maybe they could try for some daytime effects? Confetti cannons, balloons, that sort of crap... Although might not be very eco-friendly like

This is glastonbury not the summer time ball

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Putting Chems on the Other again so soon would be a shite lazy booking. 

Agreed that it'd be lazy so soon, but whenever they return, it's realistically it's the only slot they can play – they have to play in the dark, they're way too big for John Peel, and probably not big enough to handle a Pyramid headline slot again.

Edited by LinvoyPrimus

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

So you're saying that without the light show, they're not worth bothering with? They're a bit dull?

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

So you're saying that without the light show, they're not worth bothering with? They're a bit dull?

I'm saying that their music and show are well suited to a certain timeslot and situation. As well you know you little scamp.

I'd ask you how you'd feel about a quiet downbeat acoustic set as your Saturday night headliner, but we both know that's a waste of time as you'd be in your element.

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm saying that their music and show are well suited to a certain timeslot and situation. As well you know you little scamp.

I'd ask you how you'd feel about a quiet downbeat acoustic set as your Saturday night headliner, but we both know that's a waste of time as you'd be in your element.

Ultimately it's neither big nor clever to be bashing a couple of grams of MDMA at 11.30 in the morning. For this reason early Chemical Brothers sets should be discouraged.

• Like 1